• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Winter Event 2021 - Feedback

croidin

Private
Since i recently (re-)joined FoE, and am only in Bronze Age so far, i am apparently unable to participate yet. After which research can new players join in on events?

suethegreat

Captain
Events are designed to encourage diamond use/potential purchase however it is counter productive if players run out of room to place event buildings which are large, gb's are mostly large, diamond expansions limited and medal expansion costs stellar. Not everyone wants or can rush through the ages and maps for expansions. All the players who joined due to the pandemic are now on repeat events and reaching the stage when they question the point. Inno should take this on board as pointless using diamonds if you cant fit builds in and players interest wanes.

Forwandert

Major-General
Not everyone wants or can rush through the ages and maps for expansions. All the players who joined due to the pandemic are now on repeat events and reaching the stage when they question the point. Inno should take this on board as pointless using diamonds if you cant fit builds in and players interest wanes.

It doesn't make it easier rushing through the ages or really relevant. Players in the last eras have the challenge of fitting buildings in same as players in the earlier eras. That's just a part of the game deciding what can and can't be fitted in your city and what to remove. If you're questioning the point now it'll be the same once you have all expansions.

BenTrovato

Private
Once again, the same feedback as last year: this event is stupidly long. You need to cut the number of event days in general. Four seasonal 3-week events and four half events would be about right. The winter four and a half week extraveganza is way too much. On the bright side, I'm looking forward to the snow.

Knight of ICE

hey inno if you keep cutting back on things...people will start to quit this game

Are they cutting back? You now start with a surprise chest from the previous event. Also, do you know how much you can get from incidents? Less than before?Same as before? More than before?

Knight of ICE

hmmm Knight when they half the reward for each quest you can safely say they have made a cut

They made a cut on the rewards for the main quests. That does not mean they are cutting back on the chance of you getting the main prize without using diamonds and isn't that the main objective?

suethegreat

Captain
It must be perplexing for newbies thinking they can actually complete the games 'features'. Having completed the rush in 3 cities i found 1 key in one city i have used all stars so even with daily key fragments the calendar is unobtainable. Halloween you had the tools to dig and could stop once the calendar showed up but you didnt use rush rewards for each fog box opened. With this every present is a cost plus you can hit a shuffle before finding the key. Incident rewards are random so can be unfair Not everyone got the 100 rewards from an incident in Halloween. But its a game, its free and by the looks the calendar is so hard its only worth the individual AD fodder prizes. As for not cutting back on getting the main prize that is down to match luck but you only get one go per prize so if the stars for the rush are reduced then the number of presents obtained is less so the matches are fewer so chances of getting a fully levelled building less unless i am missing something? Yes you get more stars in part 2 but then you are sometimes down to opening 1 or 2 presents a day once the rush is used up so good job we will be doing this as a priority over the festive season.