• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Winter Event 2019

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date
Are we really expected to pay out 2995 Diamonds to get the Reindeer Collection items that we uncover during the event using our precious stars, even once we've accumulated 9 reindeer / items? Are they free at the end of the game or will they always cost diamonds (which I won't use)?
yes you always have to pay for them

This was much discussed and argued about on Beta and when the event was announced here. In my view they shouldn't be pushing the reindeer as something to be won but more as a side extra that you can purchase. The diamond price of 2995 is laughable especially for what's on offer. So far I have a wishing well shrink kit and a Hall of Fame - they would have to pay me to take them not the other way around :lol:

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
You don't always have to spend diamonds for the reindeer collection.

If you collect 9 unique reindeers (each associated with a unique Daily Special)... In other words, when you are lucky and hit today's special, stop and save the stars for tomorrow's different Daily Special, and so on and so forth for 9 days... If you do so... in the end you can obtain the reindeer collection for free (the diamond cost will be set to zero). Contrarily, if you collect the same reindeer 9 times, or 2x Reindeer Version A + 7x Reindeer Version B, or any such non-unique combination, you have to pay diamonds for the collection reward.

((((( I think so... because it makes so much sense...)))))
((( Or let me put this way: The above statement is as true as the Axes in Viking Settlement can be used to remove stone obstacles.))))

Last edited:

iExchange

Private
If you collect 9 unique reindeers (each associated with a unique Daily Special)...
In other words, when you are lucky and hit today's special, stop! and save the stars for tomorrow's different Daily Special, and so on and so forth for 9 days...
If you do so... in the end you can obtain the reindeer collection for free (the diamond cost will be set to zero).

You are wrong. The diamonds cost is fixed - 2995 diamonds for uncovering just 1 reindeer or all 9 of them.
Check below

Lady Marlena said:
Once you have found your first Reindeer you can unlock your sleigh at any time for Diamonds, and claim its items!
Each reindeer can be unlocked separately but to get yourself a better deal, collect all 9 reindeer to fill your sleigh first:

Deleted member 109369

If you collect 9 unique reindeers (each associated with a unique Daily Special)... In other words, when you are lucky and hit today's special, stop and save the stars for tomorrow's different Daily Special, and so on and so forth for 9 days... If you do so... in the end you can obtain the reindeer collection for free (the diamond cost will be set to zero). Contrarily, if you collect the same reindeer 9 times, or 2x Reindeer Version A + 7x Reindeer Version B, or any such non-unique combination, you have to pay diamonds for the collection reward.

((( Or let me put this way: The above statement is as true as the Axes in Viking Settlement can be used to remove stone obstacles.))))

Sorry that's incorrect.

You are wrong. The diamonds cost is fixed - 2995 diamonds for uncovering just 1 reindeer or all 9 of them.
Check below

Yes, the reindeers will always cost diamonds.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Oh boy - it's time for the most rage-inducing event of the whole year!

All the festive expletives every time that @^$!% 'Shuffle' "present" is uncovered...
The game-ruining snowfall that slows everything down to a crawl...
The new 'diamond only' prize gouging that will certainly catch some people off-guard and lead to pages and pages of vitriol on these joyous forums...

Oh well, at least the lumps of coal in our FoE stocking are a perfect fit for the train theme this year?! :P

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Loving the train! its so cool! And loving the carts, gotten six sleeping carts so far! :D So much space. lol. Just gonna have the entire west side all train. We need a north/south facing one now so we can surround our city with one long track :D

Why though is the only way to shuffle, by finding it? surprised you can't shuffle at any moment, Sometimes I find the cart early, then click through another 10+ before I find the shuffle, one time I had cleared the entire board before I found it.

Lrrr

Private
Is there a guide to show the best layout of the train with all Cars attached?
Does the Train set stop at/or is it completed using 13 x 3 spaces?
Will adding on extra cars on a single train provide any bonus or is it just the fully laid out 13 x 3 that matters?
Am asking only to work out whether to use just 13 x 3 or make more space to add on any additional cars should we be fortunate to gain multiple cars?

SilverFoxes

Master Corporal
You can add as many cars as you want to the back of the train, you're only limited by the amount of expansions you can place.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Yup, can have infinite back carts :D

Why does the Santa Workshop suck? Feels like that building needs some buffs. Sleigh is 2x3 and gives 15 goods a day, Santa workshop needs Pop and is massive and gives 10goods a day?

DeletedUser117595

No shuffle at will, no reminder of what's left in the unopened presents, Train lvl 2 providing less coins than lvl 1, pile of garbage for 2995 diamonds, and the list goes on...
most pathetic event so far in my view

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
No shuffle at will, no reminder of what's left in the unopened presents, Train lvl 2 providing less coins than lvl 1, pile of garbage for 2995 diamonds, and the list goes on...
most pathetic event so far in my view
As bad as the presents mechanic has always been, at least with this event, you can still easily obtain a max-level Train by simply 100% completing the *entire* quest line, AND, obtaining every free daily log-in bonus.
Plus, the Trains are mostly equal to the Ships from the summer event, which aren't bad at all... some may or may not value the extra cars that can chain onto the end, but that's just semantics & personal preferences.

Compare that to the epic clusterfeth that was the Carnival event, where getting *anything* at all was down to;
a) requiring an active neighbourhood to feed the token pile
b) sheer dumb luck as the chest prize RNG's were beyond fethed.

So sure, while I still hate the presents mechanics with the fury of a thousand burning sons, it's still not complete and total junk-shot that the Carnival dumpster fire was. ;)

Any Empire

Sergeant
Inno has been very fair, and made it very easy to get all the event buildings over this very (too?) long event. There is no need to spend any diamonds, as long as you log on each day to collect daily stars awards, collect all stars from incidents, and complete all event quests. Choosing to ignore the reindeer does not stop you from getting all the event buildings.

In reality, the reindeer are nothing more than a discount coupon, for buying quite overpriced items from the Inno store. Every single item you buy through reindeer, you can get for free. IMHO, there's no need to spend a huge amount of diamonds for middling items of no unique value. I'm patient enough to spend a week on daily game play to get the same items, and save 3000 diamonds.

However, for those who want to buy their way through the game instead of playing it, or desire to buy multiple event buildings for diamonds, the reindeer are an option they can use. And that’s the great thing about FoE: it allows for success using a multitude of very different playing styles. As diamond sales keep FoE free for most of us, I can’t complain about Inno having a diamond option available to those who want it. They do that in every event. The only silly thing here is Inno calling it a “reward” instead of a discount coupon.

Personally, I think the train is great, and better than the same-sized Pirate ship.

DeletedUser98451

Moving the train in reconstruction mode prompts a warning saying moving it will reset the timer, this is untrue as it can safely be moved with zero effect on the timer

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
So sure, while I still hate the presents mechanics with the fury of a thousand burning sons, it's still not complete and total junk-shot that the Carnival dumpster fire was. ;)

Oh do not remind me of the carnival event. lol. Easily the worst. Glad this one at least you can get everything, but surprised there is no leagues anymore for extra rewards for more participation.

In reality, the reindeer are nothing more than a discount coupon, for buying quite overpriced items from the Inno store. Every single item you buy through reindeer, you can get for free. IMHO, there's no need to spend a huge amount of diamonds for middling items of no unique value. I'm patient enough to spend a week on daily game play to get the same items, and save 3000 diamonds.

What I want to know is, why is the 3k Reindeer, 3k diamonds? I've unlocked all nine already due to sheer dumb luck and a little bit of diamonds and of all nine only one (Sleigh builder) is useful. Medals, FP's, Mass aid kit(lol) A Useless Santa's Workhop, a Tact tower, a wishing well, a sleeping car (of which I have nine already) and one train upgrade kit is the full nine items I have unlocked.

if I spent 3k instead on 300 stars, I could get another bunch of cars (or other daily specials), while also getting multiple Grand prizes. Which gives me the train upgrades, and of course works towards the sleigh rider. Also would give me medals and FP's. Wishing well is a Grand Prize/daily.

I feel like its cool we have the option to do it, but honestly the Reindeer should cost half the diamonds it does. Its just better to spend your diamonds on the actual event.

DeletedUser117595

Haven't done the Carnival event, starting playing with the event for World's fair, so can't compare with it (not missing much in term of enjoyable gameplay from what you say :D)
If I'm not mistaken I have then done only the Archaeology event, the Summer event, the Soccer cup event, the Fall event, the Halloween event. In all these events there was some way to control/chose to some extent what rewards to get (for ex. not uncovering a boring useless pumpink in Halloween or deciding which player to pass the ball to in Soccer, waiting for the nice rewards on the wheel in Summer etc), that is something broadly related to some sort of strategy... but in this one, there is nothing like this, have to eat the shyte you're fed, hence the feeling of zero gameplay, therefore the salience of otherwise minor defaults... sort of a mutant case of Hsee's evaluability hypothesis ;)

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Archaeology event was awesome.

What I want to know really, where my Observatory Blue Prints at

DeletedUser12400

Lucky^^

1575513814809.png