• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Spoiler Winter Event 2019

DeletedUser96901

Train can be plundered if unmotivated
Which would also imply the hierarchy for aiding would only apply to the main train

how high are the chances that a building that gives 10+ FP is not motivated ?
(the long trains people would love to plunder)

BUT
the train produces the FP even unmotivated
so the motivation only has influence on the coins

so if the aid priority is done correctly the train would be at the end of the priority list because the aid doesn't generate those FP

Emberguard

Legend
how high are the chances that a building that gives 10+ FP is not motivated ?
(the long trains people would love to plunder)
Almost non-existent. Abandoned Asylum give 11 FPs. But chances are people will have more then one aid per 24 hrs

I was more thinking of the 4FP or 5FP trains getting a increase in priority through the cars

BUT
the train produces the FP even unmotivated
so the motivation only has influence on the coins

so if the aid priority is done correctly the train would be at the end of the priority list because the aid doesn't generate those FP
It's possible you're correct. It's something we've still got time left in Beta to test the theory on. Depends on how they programmed it given the train is technically a new type of building (link chain) and not a pre-existing one (set, residential, etc)

hurry up,was looking at us forum on this event,someone asked if the trains could be made to move i'd like one or two going round my square ring road on Rugnir would be better than the stupid vehicles i have at the mo

have a model train vid here(if you dont like trains dont click on it) old US style which is better than UK/EU stuff

hurry up

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Oh joy, the WORST prize system of the year is again upon us!
Humbug...

I HATE that fething 'shuffle' tile... why can't we stop with the full-on randumb gambling and just put the shuffle/reset button like the Summer event? (ie: spend 10 starts to reset the board & randomly unwrap a present)
Would at least make the event a lot more fun and a lot less rage-inducing.

Overall, the trains look amazaballs, and I'm sure I'll enjoy plundering them! Not going to use them myself as I much prefer prizes like the Asylum & the settlement grand prizes.
I *do* love those new Tactician's Towers though, and those + their upgrades will probably be what I chase this event.

the worst prize system is the one thats just gone,you forget the show 2 and double payout?
the trains are similar to last years ships wasnt aware they could be plundered and thats after a year,,tactics towers wot are they town def not interested lol
i suppose depends where your at in the game,my rugnir mars town i dont need anything but might get 1 train,my US town which i'm building(LMA) i'll be having a full squad of trains mainly for goods,will also be looking for reno kits

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
the worst prize system is the one thats just gone,you forget the show 2 and double payout?
the trains are similar to last years ships wasnt aware they could be plundered and thats after a year,,tactics towers wot are they town def not interested lol
i suppose depends where your at in the game,my rugnir mars town i dont need anything but might get 1 train,my US town which i'm building(LMA) i'll be having a full squad of trains mainly for goods,will also be looking for reno kits
...and this is the ONLY event of the year where it's very, very doable to win 0 daily specials because of the the ******* 'shuffle' tile mechanic.
And yes, the one and only time I was stupid enough to play the winter event, my secondary city blew through 800+ stars with 0 dailies thanks to the rage-inducing BS that the 'Shuffle' tile brings. :mad::mad::mad:

All we need is for the shuffle mechanic to be re-worked to function more like the wheel refreshing from the summer event;
- spend 10 stars to reset the board with a new random assortment of filler prizes + 1x daily
- get 1 randomly selected present unwrapped

Boom. Done. Event fixed and returns some element of strategy back to the players instead of it just being a 100% randumb click-bait gambling fest.

Agent327

Overlord
...and this is the ONLY event of the year where it's very, very doable to win 0 daily specials because of the the ******* 'shuffle' tile mechanic.
And yes, the one and only time I was stupid enough to play the winter event, my secondary city blew through 800+ stars with 0 dailies thanks to the rage-inducing BS that the 'Shuffle' tile brings. :mad::mad::mad:

All we need is for the shuffle mechanic to be re-worked to function more like the wheel refreshing from the summer event;
- spend 10 stars to reset the board with a new random assortment of filler prizes + 1x daily
- get 1 randomly selected present unwrapped

Boom. Done. Event fixed and returns some element of strategy back to the players instead of it just being a 100% randumb click-bait gambling fest.

Why?

Why do you have to win everything in every event?

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Why?

Why do you have to win everything in every event?
I don't expect to win every time, but c'mon - ZERO DAILY SPECIALS?!
Even the crappies 5% chests in the other events will eventually pay out a daily or two, unlike the Winter event gakfest.

If I want utter garbage I'll just rummage in the kitten's litter box and make myself a turd sandwich... I don't need something like this event's fething slowed "prize" system that's really just a giant solt machine consistently flipping me the bird.

How about some prizes actually worth something, you can tell its value when you try to sell it in the antiques dealer and its not worth any gemstones. That was the last event for me. garbage.

Here is my sugestion for improving the winter train. It should be like the Majaharas Palace where the buildings get more output when others are beside them. So as you would attach cabouses it would double their output. 2 FP would be 4Fp, 5 goods would be 10 and so on. obviously the last one wouldnt be doubled. For the space each cabouse takes up, if you look it is the same as an Alter garden! so Then it would be more tempting. It is a winter event after all.

trains are ok as they are providing they give similar to last years ships,coins/medals an increase in pop and goods ect,i dont go much for kits too many things to update,just need 1 basic train set to help with gameplay and only that to update as you go
i think size of train sets are same as ships 7x3 wont be looking to add on xtra cars,hoping to get 10+ basic sets for my US town
i have maybe 2/3 palaces on my rugnir world in inventory they are not worth the same on their own and can be plundered&massive footprint,the grid makes putting in the 7x3 ships/trains easier if you have correct expansions laid,on my US tiny tot town i already have the space prepared for at least 7 trains,in the hope of getting them,48k+diamonds already on my counter!!!!!!!!!!!

PS having addons to a 7x3 would be too much of a space hogger

Last edited:
It wouldnt be a space hogger if it is worth its space. For a 2x3 space to have 4 FPs is worth its space or 10 goods or 8% attack. Its not asking much eigther if you look at the alter gardens output.

will have to wait and see,i have all 7x3 trains planned to go in side by side at the moment,,,,,,could have a goods/wagon yard somewhere else just for fun lol