• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Winter Event 2018

DeletedUser108359

As opposed to opening every present except the shuffle and daily, but then hitting the shuffle instead of the daily.
Yes this is worst case scenario, and its happened to me before too.:rolleyes: open everything then 2nd to last is shuffle with the prize left unopened and start all over again. I think this is what frustrates players most, but its part of the game, a person just has to try be pragmatic and carry on. 8-)

DeletedUser108359

The optimum way to open present would be
LOOP[2X-14☆-shuffle-2X-14☆-shuffle-2X-14☆-shuffle-2X-14☆-shuffle-2X-Grandprize-shuffle-2X-14☆-shuffle-2X-14☆-shuffle-2X-14☆-shuffle-2X-14☆-shuffle-2X-Grandprize-shuffle-2X-14☆-shuffle-2X-14☆-shuffle-2X-14☆-shuffle-2X-14☆-shuffle-2X-Grandprize-shuffle-2X-14☆-shuffle-2X-14☆-shuffle-2X-14☆-shuffle-2X-14☆-shuffle-2X-Grandprize-shuffle-2X-14☆-shuffle-2X-14☆-shuffle-2X-14☆-shuffle-2X-14☆-shuffle-2X-Grandprize-shuffle-2X-Grandprize-shuffle-]

Thats like trying to win the lottery. :lol::lol::lol:

DeletedUser99692

So is the Winter Event different? I have no provinces to scout, and only 5 sectors before I move up an Era on the Continent Map. I am already ahead of my City Era because I was an idiot when I first started playing. Now the next and only quest offered wants me to scout a province. No such luck as auto complete.
This quest will only auto complete if every province of all of the maps up to and including Virtual Future have been scouted.

where are the half-decent prizes - Lots of useless stuff, except for the sleigh builder. I think this winter event has some of the worst stuff yet!

Dead-Eye

General
where are the half-decent prizes - Lots of useless stuff, except for the sleigh builder. I think this winter event has some of the worst stuff yet!

Well a building providing 6 fp and a defence bonus is way cool IMHO. The only thing that is useless is that I can't plunder the things.

DeletedUser108359

Well a building providing 6 fp and a defence bonus is way cool IMHO. The only thing that is useless is that I can't plunder the things.

Actually you can if it hasnt been motivated, but you arent going to get anything useful.

DeletedUser108359

Can we plunder the prizes from the presents

If you mean once they have been placed in a city - then............
Winter Spire - yes, unless motivated
Charming Cottage - yes, unless motivated
Sleigh Builder - yes, cannot be motivated.

DeletedUser

I think it isn’t so much about the presents they can be nice but no biggy the grand prize is very good though which makes gaining the required matches and a bit of luck with them more relevant than the presents.
For new players there are loads of goodies though!
Obviously I spend my game currency when the prize of the day is of my interest: the Sleigh Builder indeed.

DeletedUser99588

I think it isn’t so much about the presents they can be nice but no biggy the grand prize is very good though which makes gaining the required matches and a bit of luck with them more relevant than the presents.
For new players there are loads of goodies though!
Obviously I spend my game currency when the prize of the day is of my interest: the Sleigh Builder indeed.

lol, it's always about the presents. Can't even be bothered to spend the stars, a bit of a damp squib of an event. Even as a new player I wouldn't be impressed.

and it's not just the specials - all the prizes are kind of drab - no premium bldgs., no champs, no large fp packages - just mediocre stuff.

DeletedUser99588

6fp and 15 goods in a 4x4 the Spire is well worth getting

Yeah half decent prize at the end but dull as dishwater getting to it.

If you are taking in concideration the end prizes are getting better and better and well though through each year I wouldn’t whine too much.
Clearly not everyone can find some gratefulness and obviously loads to complain about.

They ask for feedback. No point pretending you think it's great if you don't feel that way. They want us to enjoy the events and hopefully tempt us to spend a little money on it. Some (maybe many) might be enjoying it and are welcome to share their pleasure here as I have shared my displeasure. Ultimately I hope enough players are enjoying it and spend some money as that is what keeps the game going. When I like an event I try to spend a little as I did with the summer event to support the game.

Emberguard

Legend
@Tobito the great no one knows what will be coming in Daily Specials until it comes.

We can only make educated guesses based on Beta Results. You can google "Beta winter event 2018 forge of empires" to find out through the fan wiki what daily specials appeared during the Beta run.

The specials will be in a different order and are no guarantee as to what will appear in live servers