• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Winter Event 2018

Emberguard

Legend
Don't tell here. If you're talking about an officially announced building from Beta please use the spoiler section of the forum. If it hasn't been announced on Beta please wait until it has been.

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
the thing I would hate is to win more than 11 upgrade kits
then they are useless in my inventory

I still have one useless Tholos upgrade

Sorry folks (or foeks "forge of empires kings") I did not read entire thread but the above is also my sole concern.

I have Ship upgrades in my inventory, useless, too.

How many upgrade in total can I possible win? If more than enough, I'd go for Today's Special, which is SoK. If not, I'd wait for tomorrow's upgrade.

----Edit----
Today's Special, and Today's Grand... wait, the Grand Prize does not depend on date?

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
You can make them stupidly expensive, like "Acquire 2 province OR donate 700-800 goods to the guild treasury".

If the option is donate 7,000-8,000 (or even larger number) goods, you might as well trade goods up and use such goods to negotiate a sector.
Or if the option is "defeat this super-large army" then you might as well defeat the strong army in the advanced province in C-map...

(By the way, I wonder what or whose style this comment of mine is mimicking...)

rainydayze

Private
Why no Observatory BPs AGAIN???? This must be the 3rd or 4th Event in a row without them - How many more Events will no longer offer Obs BPs? Was there an ANNOUNCEMENT telling us that Obs BPs will no longer be available in the game, anywhere, anyhow ? and I just missed it? I can understand no more Halls of Fame in Events - because they started to show up as rare items in Daily Challenges... but Obs BPs just disappeared ?

DeletedUser106369

I was able to get a fully upgraded Winter Spire on Beta without using any diamonds and still 6 days left. Lets hope it is the same on live.

DeletedUser111524

I am pleased to a design update on the Watchfires and Victory Towers - that they now also have a level is good idea.
I'm looking forward to those. I'm disappointed that I haven't seen an opportunity to get some yet. I'm more likely to play to collect them than to go for the Spire.

DeletedUser111524

I am pleased to a design update on the Watchfires and Victory Towers - that they now also have a level is good idea.
I'm really looking forward to getting some of these upgrades to the Victory Towers and Watchfires. How soon will they be offered?

DeletedUser111524

It would. And as a player if I'm only thinking of myself I'd love to have additional expansions. However that would then raise a problem: you'd be giving a significant advantage to those who complete the event. If it never comes round again then there's no way to remedy this. If it were a event building there'd be no problem. You only have so much space and can simply use a different event building that has a similar or same function. But the more expansions are event exclusive the more you're locking out players from every being able to receive that same benefit - or widening the gap between players that just started and those who have been playing for years in a way that can't be obtained simply from playing the same amount of time unless it's a regular occurrence.

So the only way around that is if the game checks if you've received an event expansion before and only provides a prize if you haven't won that prize in a previous event. But would you really want to have events where you only get a prize if you've not received the prize in a previous event?

DeletedUser111524

An expansion really would be a grand prize. If if only one was on offer in one Event each year..But I get your point that it might involve rethinking the City grid to work out how to make it fair and feasible.

DeletedUser111524

So there's a grand total of 1475 stars to be won from the quest line + daily log-ins.
Now, assuming Inno is generous and gives us say, 30 stars to start with, that's 1500 stars = 150 matches.

Each tree needs 20 candles to lit, with each match lighting between 1-3 each.

You'll get 3 upgrade kits from finishing the entire quest line, thus leaving 8 needing to be acquired through lighting up trees for the grand prizes.
To get all 8 additional upgrades, requires lighting up 15 trees x20 candles = 300 total candles.

Thus, without diamonds, and without winning any additional stars through things like the Shuffle tile, etc..., you'll have to average exactly 2 candles per match to win a full Lv12 building! o_O
So basically, outside of the 'RNG blessed', most people will be forced to spend diamonds if one wants a fully maxed out Lv12 building.

So much for the Xmas spirit Inno...
Between likely ending up at least 1-2 upgrades short, even *if* one completes the entire quest line + daily log-ins, AND, all the gakking forced C-map progress, this event a steaming pile of poo-smothered coal. :( :( :(
I'm off to a promising start. I've lit up my tree twice already, and acquired extra stars on two different shuffles..
Maybe I'm blessed, but the number of pesky fragments of ugly shrines that I'm acquiring makes me think I'm just ordinary.

DeletedUser111524

Sounds like fun but I do have a gripe...for those of us who live on pensions and other small means of income we can't afford to buy diamonds! Is there any other way? And finally, the gripe that I have is this, the past few events have offered the opportunity of winning diamonds for those who play on instagram...what about those who don't have a cell phone? I have a land line critical for me...I have brain tumours and I was told that I shouldn't use that mode of communication and plus if there was a disaster then cell phones would not work...in my neck of the woods the "big one" earthquake is expected anytime really. So, in that event or fires, or what ever, cell phone towers would be destroyed...it is important for those who are extremely ill that they have an analogue phone hence the land line. Anyway, regardless of the health issue cell phones are expensive to operate and again those of us who live on limited incomes can't afford them. So, the opportunity to win then therefore is taken away from us...is there anything else that you could offer us rather than the instagram contest? Thank you for this great game of strategy...it helps take my mind off of things and into something great like building my city, and beautifying it as well...I'm recommending it to all of my friends and such, thanks again and Merry Christmas to you all
I manage to keep a moderate balance of diamonds. I've won almost all of them on the Guild Expedition trail..
I'm with you on the frustration of those of us who cannot enter competitions because we don't use Instagram.

DeletedUser111524

I don't understand why matches don't auto use.
And don't like the new way pesents shuffle.
I much preferred the semblance of shuffling the gift boxes that the Event had in previous years too..

DeletedUser111524

I don't understand why matches don't auto use.
And don't like the new way pesents shuffle.
I preferred the way the gift boxes shuffled last year. This new visual isn't so much fun.

Galladhorn

Monarch
I'm really looking forward to getting some of these upgrades to the Victory Towers and Watchfires. How soon will they be offered?

I have no idea sorry, I thought they would be a part of the Current Christmas Event, but so far I have not seen any.

DeletedUser108359

Sorry folks (or foeks "forge of empires kings") I did not read entire thread but the above is also my sole concern.

I have Ship upgrades in my inventory, useless, too.

How many upgrade in total can I possible win? If more than enough, I'd go for Today's Special, which is SoK. If not, I'd wait for tomorrow's upgrade.

----Edit----
Today's Special, and Today's Grand... wait, the Grand Prize does not depend on date?
you can win another spire, if i recall correctly its a prize on top of the tree. i have 2 on beta server, one at level 12 and 1 at level 3 with at least 3 possible upgrades to get.