• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Winter Event 2018

DeletedUser108359

Except that it doesn't give fp's, but otherwise spot on.

So you need diamonds.

And yet you did.
No i havent spent a cent on the game, the game gives you diamonds which you win from various quests etc. I dont use these and save them for special events or needs. I didnt actually NEED to spend them i just decided to use some of my stash to give me a boost to get it up quicker.
The game give you 2 upgrades just for completing all 71 quests, PLUS after completing quest 40 you win 300 stars, this gives you the chance to open 30 presents and get 30 matches, there are 20 candles on the tree and at an average of lighting 2 candles per match you come close to completing the tree 3 times ( technically for free, i say technically because you have to do the quests 1st ) this should give you another 2 upgrades as it starts with 1 upgrade every 2nd completion. SO now your Spire is already on level 5 and this is WITHOUT spending 1 single star which you would have won from the normal quest stars. Which is 400 stars still banked, another possible 4 trees, another possible 2 upgrades, level 7 and STILL 31 quests to go.
Because i spent the diamonds and got extra stars i now have TWO spires . So it gave me an advantage to get more but AGAIN i DIDNT NEED to spend them.

Agent327

Overlord
I read that as meaning they used diamonds to exchange for 100 stars, but I'll leave it upto Cap to clarify what they meant.

Doesn't matter what he meant. It is what he said.

Bought is the past tense of buying and if you exchange diamonds for 100 stars you do not get 100 stars extra!

Last edited:

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
No i havent spent a cent on the game, the game gives you diamonds which you win from various quests etc. I dont use these and save them for special events or needs. I didnt actually NEED to spend them i just decided to use some of my stash to give me a boost to get it up quicker.
The game give you 2 upgrades just for completing all 71 quests, PLUS after completing quest 40 you win 300 stars, this gives you the chance to open 30 presents and get 30 matches, there are 20 candles on the tree and at an average of lighting 2 candles per match you come close to completing the tree 3 times ( technically for free, i say technically because you have to do the quests 1st ) this should give you another 2 upgrades as it starts with 1 upgrade every 2nd completion. SO now your Spire is already on level 5 and this is WITHOUT spending 1 single star which you would have won from the normal quest stars. Which is 400 stars still banked, another possible 4 trees, another possible 2 upgrades, level 7 and STILL 31 quests to go.
Because i spent the diamonds and got extra stars i now have TWO spires . So it gave me an advantage to get more but AGAIN i DIDNT NEED to spend them.
Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal...
Just because YOU got slightly lucky doesn't mean most others will. There's been plenty of grumbling on the beta feedback that to get a fully leveled spire will require diamonds.

One run of slightly below average rolls on lighting candles is all it will take to screw a player out of a Lv12 spire.

The wiki page for the event has a nice little chart showing the breakdown of how many stars on average it will take to get the 8 required upgrades from lighting trees.

DeletedUser108359

Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal...
Just because YOU got slightly lucky doesn't mean most others will. There's been plenty of grumbling on the beta feedback that to get a fully leveled spire will require diamonds.

One run of slightly below average rolls on lighting candles is all it will take to screw a player out of a Lv12 spire.

The wiki page for the event has a nice little chart showing the breakdown of how many stars on average it will take to get the 8 required upgrades from lighting trees.
yes I accept that . but my point is that it IS possible to get all the upgrades without using diamonds. but even at level 10 its a decent building

Agent327

Overlord
Obviously, but taking single sentences or phrases out of a post takes them out of the context of the post and they do not read or mean the same as when in the complete post.

Qouting the entire post hardly shows what you are reacting to.

You obviously do this to try make people look bad, belittle them or put them down, you very rarely ( if ever ) have any positive comments you only troll the forum making negative comments on almost everything people say.

That is the obvious reaction. You say something stupid, I react to it, so I troll.

You said you bought a diamond pack. You didn't. You used the diamonds given to you for free to get 100 extra stars. You are misleading players with your story. You do not get free diamonds on the live servers. You have to pay for them. You make it look easy to get the spire when in fact for players that are not very active and do not buy diamonds it isn't, but hey, I am the troll here.

Emberguard

Legend
Ok guys, understandable that tensions will arise between players from time to time. Especially with this being international forum and different cultures handle things differently. But please try not to makes things personal.

The topic is about the Winter Event, not who has great bedside manners.

DeletedUser116025

I was wondering what happens with the Christmas tree if the daily special timer runs out and only part of the candles are lit.

rjs66

Lieutenant
the candles stay lit
also if you need only 1 candle to complete and you get 2 when lighting (using a match) then any extra are used to light candles when the tree resets for the next prize
(or any other combination that lights the remaining candles on the tree and has some candles left over to light)

so you won't lose out

DeletedUser113901

I don't understand why matches don't auto use.
And don't like the new way pesents shuffle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Aaaaaand I'm out at quest 5; 'acquire 2 sectors'

Thanks but no thanks Inno.
Considering how difficult the Lv12 spire is going to be to obtain without diamonds, and that there's going to be not one, but THREE much, much, much more epic-looking buildings coming up in the new year, you can keep your fugly green ice cream castle. :P

DeletedUser113110

Aaaaaand I'm out at quest 5; 'acquire 2 sectors'

Thanks but no thanks Inno.
Considering how difficult the Lv12 spire is going to be to obtain without diamonds, and that there's going to be not one, but THREE much, much, much more epic-looking buildings coming up in the new year, you can keep your fugly green ice cream castle. :P
WHAT? Do tell!