• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Winter Event 2018

DeletedUser108359

Enjoying the game and this event mostly but just completed quest 50 to be told to come back in 18 hours, which I did, finished quest 51 and was told to come back in 14 hours.
Why is there a delay between quests?. I feel like I'm being deliberately delayed to make it harder to finish the event and therefore more likely to spend diamonds.
The event works like that, you have a certain amount of "rush" quests then a new quest every day. These daily quests stack up, so if you perhaps dont log in or cant complete it you will find 2 waiting to be done.
Normally you should be able to do it in a day, also the event will run about a day and a half AFTER you complete the last quest.

Jaspero949

Private
The event works like that, you have a certain amount of "rush" quests then a new quest every day. These daily quests stack up, so if you perhaps dont log in or cant complete it you will find 2 waiting to be done.
Normally you should be able to do it in a day, also the event will run about a day and a half AFTER you complete the last quest.
Thanks for the replies guys, appreciate your patience while my thick skull soaks it in. Got the hang of it now cheers.

DeletedUser116367

Current position:

Quest 54 completed.
Lvl 4 with the spire has been placed.
I have 6 more candles to light my third Christmas tree and get another spire upgrade.

I have 646 stars collected and waiting to be used.

I am waiting for shrine of knowledge or any other fp building.

Am I doing right or wrong?
If right, what do you suggest I wait for?

Do let me know your thoughts..

(I think I will get to lvl 10 spire easily. Will love it if I get lvl 12 though. If not, 10 is also good enough).

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
Current position:

Quest 54 completed.
I have 6 more candles to light my third Christmas tree and get another spire upgrade.

(I think I will get to lvl 10 spire easily. Will love it if I get lvl 12 though. If not, 10 is also good enough).
It is ok ... ..and also i would wait for SoK...

DeletedUser108359

Current position:

Quest 54 completed.

agreed, unless you see something you really like id also wait, the stuff at the top of the tree doesnt change until you complete the tree. so you wont lose anything by waiting for a special daily you want.
all quests now give you 15 stars and the final one gives 20. Plus the event should run for at least 24 hrs after the last technical day
so you should have over 800 stars still to spend ( excluding what you might still get from presents )
thats around 80 matches, average 2 candles per match = 4 trees ( at least ) You on 4 now plus 1 on top plus 2 from quests plus at least another 2 from tree, id say you can be sure of 10 at least.
but i also got 12 on beta with ease.
ALSO most of the daily specials appear at least once on the tree. ( if i remember correctly )

Dead-Eye

General
Current position:

Quest 54 completed.

If it is shrines you are after then wait. I blew my load today and got 8 watchers. Am happy with that. Got a total of 8 Spire upgrades with another on the way tomorrow so will place my Spire at harvest tomorrow and add another 4FP per day to my city. Cool beans! Just do what you think is best for your city.

DeletedUser116367

agreed, unless you see something you really like id also wait, the stuff at the top of the tree doesnt change until you complete the tree. so you wont lose anything by waiting for a special daily you want.
all quests now give you 15 stars and the final one gives 20. Plus the event should run for at least 24 hrs after the last technical day
so you should have over 800 stars still to spend ( excluding what you might still get from presents )
thats around 80 matches, average 2 candles per match = 4 trees ( at least ) You on 4 now plus 1 on top plus 2 from quests plus at least another 2 from tree, id say you can be sure of 10 at least.
but i also got 12 on beta with ease.
ALSO most of the daily specials appear at least once on the tree. ( if i remember correctly )

My calculation is, 17 quests left. 16*15=240 stars and 17*10(daily)=170, total 410stars yet to get. So, 41matches and currently 64matches, so total is 64+41=105matches.

Expecting 1.5 candle per match, I expect to get 157 candles. i.e., 7 to 8 Christmas tree gift. Means 4 updates by grand price and 2 more from quest completion..

So, 4+2+4=10th lvl is what I am expecting..

I hope foe will be bit more generous and provide me with 2 more lvls of the shire

DeletedUser116367

If it is shrines you are after then wait. I blew my load today and got 8 watchers. Am happy with that. Got a total of 8 Spire upgrades with another on the way tomorrow so will place my Spire at harvest tomorrow and add another 4FP per day to my city. Cool beans! Just do what you think is best for your city.
So, tomorrow ur shire will be lvl 9? Plus one from quest 55, so lvl 10?

Congrats on getting what you wanted btw

Dead-Eye

General
Correctamundo Arist. This event has been way to easy IMHO, as a matter of fact the whole game seems to be gettin easy. But the Spire is gonna look nice in my city. Think I will put my upcoming Forge Bowl building next to it.

Yes very little effort needed.

On my little EMA city the Spire is already lvl 8, with 2 upgrades from quests and only 11 more candles needed for another one it'll be easy to complete ::D

DeletedUser113110

The only way to get a SECONDARY spire up to a decent level is if you spend diamonds.
Or, you can take a chance and try to win in the threads.:)

Dead-Eye

General
The only way to get a SECONDARY spire up to a decent level is if you spend diamonds.
Or, you can take a chance and try to win in the threads.:)

Personally I will be happy with just the one. 6 FP's and a 9% def bonus on a 4/4 is good enough and with Forge Bowl starting right after offering another 6 FP's and a 10% attack bonus all on a 4/4 plot I just don't see a need to go nuts with the spending. But hey, to each his own.

Emberguard

Legend
My calculation is, 17 quests left. 16*15=240 stars and 17*10(daily)=170, total 410stars yet to get. So, 41matches and currently 64matches, so total is 64+41=105matches.

Expecting 1.5 candle per match, I expect to get 157 candles. i.e., 7 to 8 Christmas tree gift. Means 4 updates by grand price and 2 more from quest completion..

So, 4+2+4=10th lvl is what I am expecting..

I hope foe will be bit more generous and provide me with 2 more lvls of the shire
Don't forget you'll also come across the shuffle which gives a free match and the x2 which could also if hitting shuffle or the 14 stars