• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Winter Event 2018

DeletedUser110327

Picking a X2 payout and then hitting a shuffle is not good entertainment. You don't even get 2 shuffles. Please fix that, it's not good for the game.

Agent327

Overlord
I played another game for 5 odd years, the manufacturers did sweet FA to eradicate the botters which destroyed all enjoyment and 'normal' gameplay.

That would be bad, if you did not show you do not know what "normal" gameplay is.

Picking a X2 payout and then hitting a shuffle is not good entertainment. You don't even get 2 shuffles. Please fix that, it's not good for the game.

You can't get two shuffles. You do however get the double amount of stars you get with a shuffle. Obvious you did not notice that.

DeletedUser

It is clearly not about the chance to win something close to useful.
If so it is a nice side effect.
Keeping a hold on game currency till a favorite daily prize passes by gives the best chances I suppose.
It seems more about the tree, lighting candles and the challenge of getting that grand prize together.

DeletedUser110327

It's not about the game mechanics Agent, it's about entertainment. There are far too many mechanics around these forums who know what goes on under the bonnet. Mechanics, those who know all the nuts and bolts about a game, and enjoy delving under the hood, make up probably around 5% of the gaming population. Mechanics making games that mechanics enjoy when they only make up 5% of the gaming population is absurd gameplay from a business point of view especially when you consider that the mechanics rarely if ever actually pay to play this game. Entertainment is what the 95% of players are looking for, you know, those who are actually happy to pay to play the game. The game should be put together to keep the 95% of players entertained, the 95% who are totally clueless about game engines, who pay to play the game, and not to accommodate a minority of mechanics who think they know everything. A mechanics job is to keep the engine running smoothly, not dictate gameplay. Inno needs to learn this. Being hit with a shuffle after picking up a X2 payout is crap gameplay and is not entertaining in the slightest except to a few mechanics who find such garbage gameplay amusing. A game is supposed to entertain, not annoy the players and piss them off. Pissing off players who want to spend money on a game is, well, I dunno, just ludicrous.

What on earth do they teach Devs at Dev school these days???

Vesiger

Monarch
It's just bad luck - as is picking up a shuffle on your first move. I'm not sure the developers ought to program in special cases to disregard all results that return no value to the player - that really would lead to accusations of carelessness and favouritise when something went slightly wrong.
Occasionally you get really lucky to compensate...

Agent327

Overlord
Being hit with a shuffle after picking up a X2 payout is crap gameplay and is not entertaining in the slightest except to a few mechanics who find such garbage gameplay amusing.

It happens when chances are random. Complaining players should start to understand that. Complaining usually comes down to not understanding the game. Did you know the number of stars you get is doubled?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110327

This isn't about me, this is about helping Inno. I couldn't care less about the stupid shuffle. Giving players a SPECIAL present, ie, a DOUBLE payout, and then STEALING it from them with a shuffle is perhaps the worst gameplay I have ever encountered since I started playing games on the Commodore 64. It is absolutely shocking gameplay. Erm, if you think it's good gameplay, well, I dunno.

Whilst discussions in regard to rewards and probability are interesting to some, I have a question about completed Quests not being recognised and rewarded. Have any of you had issues of the following nature? Quest 22 requires that we Infiltrate 3 Sectors and the hint states acquisition of all Sectors meets requirement. All Sectors acquired but nothing registering in Event Quest window at all. I am waiting for Support to respond but time is passing so I thought I might as well see if any other Player has suffered from this "Bug", while I wait for resolution (hopefully).
All sectors acquired will mean completion of the entire map up to the end of VF.

Have you got that far?

Agent327

Overlord
This isn't about me, this is about helping Inno. I couldn't care less about the stupid shuffle. Giving players a SPECIAL present, ie, a DOUBLE payout, and then STEALING it from them with a shuffle is perhaps the worst gameplay I have ever encountered since I started playing games on the Commodore 64. It is absolutely shocking gameplay. Erm, if you think it's good gameplay, well, I dunno.

OK, if you are so willing to help, explain how they can put in a double payout and a shuffle and than make sure thios does not happen. Keep in mind this in not the first winter event and they have been told this before.

Whilst discussions in regard to rewards and probability are interesting to some, I have a question about completed Quests not being recognised and rewarded. Have any of you had issues of the following nature? Quest 22 requires that we Infiltrate 3 Sectors and the hint states acquisition of all Sectors meets requirement. All Sectors acquired but nothing registering in Event Quest window at all. I am waiting for Support to respond but time is passing so I thought I might as well see if any other Player has suffered from this "Bug", while I wait for resolution (hopefully).

When it says infiltrate you need to infiltrate, not acquire. All sectors means the entire province, not just three.

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer
Oh come on...'Gain Control Over A Province' or 'Solve 12 Encounters In The Guild Expedition'.

How many times do we have to scream to get someone at Inno to turn on their brains? Most of us who play the game have advanced too far on the continental map and finsh GE relatively quickly each week. How hard is it to replace 'Solve 12' with 'Solve All Of L1'???

Agent327

Overlord
Oh come on...'Gain Control Over A Province' or 'Solve 12 Encounters In The Guild Expedition'.

How many times do we have to scream to get someone at Inno to turn on their brains? Most of us who play the game have advanced too far on the continental map and finsh GE relatively quickly each week. How hard is it to replace 'Solve 12' with 'Solve All Of L1'???

If you really have advanced that far it will autocomplete.

DeletedUser113470

Most of us who play the game have advanced too far on the continental map and finsh GE relatively quickly each week.
I suspect that isn't true, for any reasonable definition of 'Most of us'. But if it is true, then this is likely also true:
Most of us who play the game find the entire quest line before the start of an event, and plan accordingly.
So most of us didn't rush to finsh GE this week.

How hard is it to replace 'Solve 12' with 'Solve All Of L1'???
Probably about as hard as replacing 'Solve 12' with 'Collect 1 coin'.
But why should they replace something that might be challenging with something easier?

Emberguard

Legend
Would there be any actual point in showing visuals for shuffling twice? Regardless of whether it randomises once or twice if it's going to shuffle twice then you wouldn't be getting to pick which random shuffle you play from. While the animation only shuffles once I don't know if the background code randomises once or twice, but would it actually make a difference if it did shuffle twice? Or would you be disappointed at it being re-shuffled again in the event the first shuffle was better then the second?

As it stands you already get the double stars which is double reward for the space landed on

Nothing wrong with wanting it to shuffle twice, just not sure it'd make any meaningful difference whether it randomises once or twice

DeletedUser113110

Because Lv1=16 Encounters.
Your proposal would make it actually harder for people who hasn't started on GE.
Also, for people that completed GE1 it would autocomplete, which is not the point here, eh?

DeletedUser96901

good news
the event runs over 4 weeks

so all who only do level 1 and are already finished: they can do 12 times GE next week or even one week later

and finsh GE relatively quickly each week
you should report the bug

because if you have finished GE and the quest doesn't finish automatically there is a bug in it