1. Drop by the FOE Cafe!!

Stop by the Cafe! Grab a coffee, ask a question, join in the conversation and more! Find it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forge Questers

Don't forget to take part in this months Forge Questers for a chance to win 1000 diamonds here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Event Winter Event 2018

Discussion in 'Announcement Discussions' started by Sovereign, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Emberguard

Emberguard FoE Team Senior Forum Moderator Ingame Moderator

Don't tell here. If you're talking about an officially announced building from Beta please use the spoiler section of the forum. If it hasn't been announced on Beta please wait until it has been.

2. Bewildered Zeratul

Bewildered Zeratul Warrant Officer

Sorry folks (or foeks "forge of empires kings") I did not read entire thread but the above is also my sole concern.

I have Ship upgrades in my inventory, useless, too.

How many upgrade in total can I possible win? If more than enough, I'd go for Today's Special, which is SoK. If not, I'd wait for tomorrow's upgrade.

----Edit----
    Today's Special, and Today's Grand... wait, the Grand Prize does not depend on date?

3. Bewildered Zeratul

Bewildered Zeratul Warrant Officer

If the option is donate 7,000-8,000 (or even larger number) goods, you might as well trade goods up and use such goods to negotiate a sector.
    Or if the option is "defeat this super-large army" then you might as well defeat the strong army in the advanced province in C-map...

(By the way, I wonder what or whose style this comment of mine is mimicking...)

4. Emberguard

Emberguard FoE Team Senior Forum Moderator Ingame Moderator

Yeah Grand Prize rewards are given in a set order.

5. rainydayze

rainydayze Private

Why no Observatory BPs AGAIN???? This must be the 3rd or 4th Event in a row without them - How many more Events will no longer offer Obs BPs? Was there an ANNOUNCEMENT telling us that Obs BPs will no longer be available in the game, anywhere, anyhow ? and I just missed it? I can understand no more Halls of Fame in Events - because they started to show up as rare items in Daily Challenges... but Obs BPs just disappeared ?

mummytime likes this.
  6. dragonsden86

dragonsden86 Corporal

I was able to get a fully upgraded Winter Spire on Beta without using any diamonds and still 6 days left. Lets hope it is the same on live.

CaptainJacksparrow likes this.
  7. mummytime

mummytime Private

I'm looking forward to those. I'm disappointed that I haven't seen an opportunity to get some yet. I'm more likely to play to collect them than to go for the Spire.

8. mummytime

mummytime Private

I'm really looking forward to getting some of these upgrades to the Victory Towers and Watchfires. How soon will they be offered?

9. mrbeef

mrbeef Lieutenant-General

The proof reading on the quest tale is appalling.

10. mummytime

mummytime Private

11. mummytime

mummytime Private

An expansion really would be a grand prize. If if only one was on offer in one Event each year..But I get your point that it might involve rethinking the City grid to work out how to make it fair and feasible.

Emberguard likes this.
  12. mummytime

mummytime Private

I'm off to a promising start. I've lit up my tree twice already, and acquired extra stars on two different shuffles..
    Maybe I'm blessed, but the number of pesky fragments of ugly shrines that I'm acquiring makes me think I'm just ordinary.

13. mummytime

mummytime Private

I manage to keep a moderate balance of diamonds. I've won almost all of them on the Guild Expedition trail..
    I'm with you on the frustration of those of us who cannot enter competitions because we don't use Instagram.

The Lady Ann and Migraine of Ord like this.
  14. mummytime

mummytime Private

15. mummytime

mummytime Private

It's amazing how anecdote suddenly becomes data when a) enough people share their stories, b) someone goes to the trouble of collecting those stories.

Vesiger and CaptainJacksparrow like this.
  16. mummytime

mummytime Private

I much preferred the semblance of shuffling the gift boxes that the Event had in previous years too..

17. mummytime

mummytime Private

I preferred the way the gift boxes shuffled last year. This new visual isn't so much fun.

18. Galladhorn

Galladhorn General

I have no idea sorry, I thought they would be a part of the Current Christmas Event, but so far I have not seen any.

19. CaptainJacksparrow

CaptainJacksparrow FoE Team Ingame Moderator

They will be part of the daily special present prizes.

Galladhorn likes this.
  20. CaptainJacksparrow

CaptainJacksparrow FoE Team Ingame Moderator

you can win another spire, if i recall correctly its a prize on top of the tree. i have 2 on beta server, one at level 12 and 1 at level 3 with at least 3 possible upgrades to get.