Event Winter Event 2018

Discussion in 'Announcement Discussions' started by Sovereign, Nov 28, 2018.

1. CaptainJacksparrow

CaptainJacksparrow FoE Team Ingame Moderator

No i havent spent a cent on the game, the game gives you diamonds which you win from various quests etc. I dont use these and save them for special events or needs. I didnt actually NEED to spend them i just decided to use some of my stash to give me a boost to get it up quicker.
    The game give you 2 upgrades just for completing all 71 quests, PLUS after completing quest 40 you win 300 stars, this gives you the chance to open 30 presents and get 30 matches, there are 20 candles on the tree and at an average of lighting 2 candles per match you come close to completing the tree 3 times ( technically for free, i say technically because you have to do the quests 1st ) this should give you another 2 upgrades as it starts with 1 upgrade every 2nd completion. SO now your Spire is already on level 5 and this is WITHOUT spending 1 single star which you would have won from the normal quest stars. Which is 400 stars still banked, another possible 4 trees, another possible 2 upgrades, level 7 and STILL 31 quests to go.
    Because i spent the diamonds and got extra stars i now have TWO spires . So it gave me an advantage to get more but AGAIN i DIDNT NEED to spend them.

2. Agent327

Agent327 Emperor

You should read better.

3. Emberguard

Emberguard FoE Team Senior Forum Moderator

I read that as meaning they used diamonds to exchange for 100 stars, but I'll leave it upto Cap to clarify what they meant.

CaptainJacksparrow likes this.
  4. Agent327

Agent327 Emperor

Doesn't matter what he meant. It is what he said.

Bought is the past tense of buying and if you exchange diamonds for 100 stars you do not get 100 stars extra!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  5. Thomas Covenent

Thomas Covenent Lieutenant Colonel

Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal...
    Just because YOU got slightly lucky doesn't mean most others will. There's been plenty of grumbling on the beta feedback that to get a fully leveled spire will require diamonds.

One run of slightly below average rolls on lighting candles is all it will take to screw a player out of a Lv12 spire.

The wiki page for the event has a nice little chart showing the breakdown of how many stars on average it will take to get the 8 required upgrades from lighting trees.

6. CaptainJacksparrow

CaptainJacksparrow FoE Team Ingame Moderator

yes I accept that . but my point is that it IS possible to get all the upgrades without using diamonds. but even at level 10 its a decent building

mummytime likes this.
  7. Agent327

Agent327 Emperor

Ofcouse those sentences are taken out of the post. Otherwise it wouldn't be quoting.

8. Agent327

Agent327 Emperor

Qouting the entire post hardly shows what you are reacting to.

That is the obvious reaction. You say something stupid, I react to it, so I troll.

You said you bought a diamond pack. You didn't. You used the diamonds given to you for free to get 100 extra stars. You are misleading players with your story. You do not get free diamonds on the live servers. You have to pay for them. You make it look easy to get the spire when in fact for players that are not very active and do not buy diamonds it isn't, but hey, I am the troll here.

9. Emberguard

Emberguard FoE Team Senior Forum Moderator

Ok guys, understandable that tensions will arise between players from time to time. Especially with this being international forum and different cultures handle things differently. But please try not to makes things personal.

The topic is about the Winter Event, not who has great bedside manners.

Amy Steele and mummytime like this.
  10. Richard of shaw

Richard of shaw Brigadier-General

Well it's about out to start. Is everyone excited?

11. dragonsden86

dragonsden86 Corporal

Is it correct that we start with only 20 stars?

12. Agent327

Agent327 Emperor

13. dragonsden86

dragonsden86 Corporal

Why the difference in stars to start?

14. pipo69

pipo69 Corporal

I was wondering what happens with the Christmas tree if the daily special timer runs out and only part of the candles are lit.

15. rjs66

rjs66 Chief Warrant Officer

the candles stay lit
    also if you need only 1 candle to complete and you get 2 when lighting (using a match) then any extra are used to light candles when the tree resets for the next prize
    (or any other combination that lights the remaining candles on the tree and has some candles left over to light)

so you won't lose out

Vesiger and mummytime like this.
  16. bradype

bradype Emperor

I don't understand why matches don't auto use.
    And don't like the new way pesents shuffle.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    mummytime likes this.
  17. Thomas Covenent

Thomas Covenent Lieutenant Colonel

Aaaaaand I'm out at quest 5; 'acquire 2 sectors'

Thanks but no thanks Inno.
    Considering how difficult the Lv12 spire is going to be to obtain without diamonds, and that there's going to be not one, but THREE much, much, much more epic-looking buildings coming up in the new year, you can keep your fugly green ice cream castle. :P

18. Agent327

Agent327 Emperor

Who is causing that? Inno or you?

Chalinna likes this.
  19. Richard of shaw

Richard of shaw Brigadier-General

Do tell.

20. King Jared The III

King Jared The III Lieutenant-General

WHAT? Do tell!