• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Winter Event 2016

DeletedUser1094

...and any era goes. Use Bronze-age for cheapest result or use whatever you have in your Inventory to clear up space. :)

DeletedUser15986

Why are we getting multiple infiltrate quests, and how many can we expect? I've already infiltrated sectors, which needed me to scout a province, and now I've got to infiltrate more... meaning I need to conquer the province and scout yet another one...

DeletedUser6560

The winter event win options are a bit rubbish. You only seem to be able to win yet more money and the odd unattached warrior. I havn't seen anything decent at all. So please inno. Give us something decent to find please. Thanks

DeletedUser12400

The winter event win options are a bit rubbish. You only seem to be able to win yet more money and the odd unattached warrior. I havn't seen anything decent at all. So please inno. Give us something decent to find please. Thanks
You definitely want the good prizes to come when you have more stars.

Why are we getting multiple infiltrate quests, and how many can we expect?
I believe the last one;)

Zanzi the just 55

Master Corporal
I scouted my last 2 provinces in Modern era prior to Winter games. I'm now working to conquer the sectors and then the provinces but am now asked as a quest to scout a province. I haven't finished all research tasks in Modern to move foreward to Progressive yet. How do I scout a province to move foreward in the Winter game as nothing shows in the world map to scout.
Zanzi the just 55

DeletedUser12400

I scouted my last 2 provinces in Modern era prior to Winter games. I'm now working to conquer the sectors and then the provinces but am now asked as a quest to scout a province. I haven't finished all research tasks in Modern to move foreward to Progressive yet. How do I scout a province to move foreward in the Winter game as nothing shows in the world map to scout.
Zanzi the just 55
If you don't have a little telescope symbol anywhere on your continent map, and you have any sectors you can conquer (either through combat or negotiation) conquer some sectors until you control a new province, and then check for the telescope symbol again.

Zanzi the just 55

Master Corporal
I guess then if I want to progress in the quests I will have to conquer the 2 provinces. I just finished the 2nd last province hoping that the telescope would come up but 'no luck'. Funny that you can be working on a sector in a province and the telescope will come up to show you can progress even though you haven't completely finished conquering the province. And yet if you are on the last province in the era the telescope doesn't come up, I guess, until there is no sectors left and no province left to conquer in the era. Should be the same for both if you want to actually move up an era in advance. Too bad. Leaves for a longer time to finish a quest!!! It's a good thing that this Winter game is long. By the way is there a big prize given if you finally finish the event or just the prizes you can buy with stars as you progress as the prizes are nothing to write home about especially if you have advanced farther in the games. You already have most and really have no room to place anyway if you win. I have so much in my stores now that I will never use.

Zanzi the just 55

Master Corporal
Thanks for the info. By the way I was able to start a scouting expedition but I had to completely finish conquering the final province in Modern era to do it. Like I said, too bad that can't do it like when entering the province as long as there is other sectors present not conquered. Just another facet of the game learned and not told about in rules. Wasn't really ready to advance into provinces in the next era. Oh well, that's life.

DeletedUser6065

You can get confectionery or upgraded version of confectionery. If you have leatest confectionary built then Store Building item.
1. I have Legendary Confectionery on board. Also others regular size.
2. I store Legendary b/4 quest. I now have only regular size on board.
3. I complete quest.
4. I sell a regular, get a large.
5. Inventory shows 1 Legendary and 1 Large Confectionery.
Is that how it can work as well?
. . . . mk

DeletedUser

1. I have Legendary Confectionery on board. Also others regular size.
2. I store Legendary b/4 quest. I now have only regular size on board.
3. I sell a regular, get a large.
4. Inventory shows 1 Legendary and 1 Large Confectionery.
Is that how it can work as well?
. . . . mk
I imagine quest will key on the largest version of Confectionary actually placed in your town. So yes.

DeletedUser101637

not a happy bunny with todays quest plunder 4 or conquer 2 without fighting. seeing as ive completed all continents i now have no option but to plunder my neighbours which i DO NOT want to do, previously these types of quests would complete automaticly if no provinces left. whats happening here

DeletedUser108802

Different questions for different worlds I play in:

Q1: A beta player was telling me that if I do not have confectionary, I can try for it among the presents. Will the confectionary be offered, then, as a daily special prior to (or on) the Jan 2nd quest which requires largest confectionary to be built?

Q2: If I have a confectionary and a large confectionary in my inventory, do I really "have" to build my largest confectionary for Jan 2nd quest or if I'm wanting to upgrade my confectionary, can I build it so I can delete it Jan 3rd, instead of building and deleting the larger one? If I do have to build my largest one, is there any way I can NOT get it upgraded and INSTEAD get my smaller one upgraded? If so, please give good details on how I can do this :)

Q3: If I have a confectionary and a large confectionary already built in my city, and none in inventory, and I build a production building for the Jan 2nd quest, can I then delete one of my confectionaries for the Jan 3rd quest? Also, does it have to be the largest one I delete, or can I delete the smaller one if that is the one I am wanting to upgrade? Or do I have to put my large confectionary back into my inventory in order to sell my smaller one and upgrade it?

thank you for any and all help :)

DeletedUser6065

Different questions for different worlds I play in:

Q1: A beta player was telling me that if I do not have confectionary, I can try for it among the presents. Will the confectionary be offered, then, as a daily special prior to (or on) the Jan 2nd quest which requires largest confectionary to be built?

Q2: If I have a confectionary and a large confectionary in my inventory, do I really "have" to build my largest confectionary for Jan 2nd quest or if I'm wanting to upgrade my confectionary, can I build it so I can delete it Jan 3rd, instead of building and deleting the larger one? If I do have to build my largest one, is there any way I can NOT get it upgraded and INSTEAD get my smaller one upgraded? If so, please give good details on how I can do this :)

Q3: If I have a confectionary and a large confectionary already built in my city, and none in inventory, and I build a production building for the Jan 2nd quest, can I then delete one of my confectionaries for the Jan 3rd quest? Also, does it have to be the largest one I delete, or can I delete the smaller one if that is the one I am wanting to upgrade? Or do I have to put my large confectionary back into my inventory in order to sell my smaller one and upgrade it?

thank you for any and all help :)
If I may . .
#1 - In past, Confectioneries have been offered as prizes prior to completion of the event.
#2 - The final 'sell Confectionery' task automatically 'keys' off on the largest Confectionery you have on the board before the task appears. No confectionery on board, you get the regular size. Regular on board, you get large. Regular and large on board, you get huge. But remember, if your gonna trade a specific confectionery, it's gotta be on board before the quest appears. The quest automatically takes what is there, not what could be there (ie; still in inventory). In the past many people were unable to upgrade their confectionery because they had left it in inventory from the previous year (you know who you are). So, they got another regular confectionery.
#3. You can do however you might wish just remember, largest on board is what the task will force you to sell. If you want to upgrade your smaller, then yes, put the big boy back in inventory. Task will then 'see' your smaller one only (it's on board), and require you to sell that one. In fact, this is what I am going to do. Several of my cities have the Legendary Confectionery (the largest), and if is still on board, I will get some other building for my final reward. Sooo . . I'm gonna move the big one back into inventory (remember, before the quest appears), and then 'sell' one of my regular size for a 'Large Confectionery'.

And, again this has to be done before the quest appears. Best to do all the shuffling a day or two before, just to make sure.
. . . mk

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser108802

Thank you Michael K for your help :)
just to clarify on Q2:

Q2 So for example, I have confectionary and large confectionary in my inventory, the January 2nd quest tells me to build my "biggest" confectionary or a production building from any age.

If I leave my large confectionary in my inventory and instead build my "smallest" confectionary, will it complete this quest?

If building my smallest instead of my largest does not complete the quest, can I build my smallest confectionary (so I can sell it for Jan 3rd quest) but also build the production building from any age, and therefore, complete the quest, even though I did not build my largest confectionary, and it is still in my inventory?