• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Winter Event 2015

DeletedUser16026

winter_logo_2015.png

You can read the full announcement about the event at THIS LINK.

DeletedUser96901

nice. my favorite event and 5 days longer than last years
I only hope that the Shrine of Knowledge doesn't come to early ;)

DeletedUser104321

Winter Event

Is it possible to get HoF in this year Winter Event?

DeletedUser6065

I believe 2x + Seeing Eye does not show 4. Is that the case? Is there another combination that does not work?

. . . mk

DeletedUser14881

Will the Legendary Confectionary be even taller or this time it will grow in width?

Also, I always wanted to ask, is there any chance to upgrade the old confectionay copies, for better versions, not ages, we've got from previous Events or just one, forever?

DeletedUser5180

The snow looks awesome :D

it does look great, think i'll be spending more time on my iphone than lappy :p

Will the Legendary Confectionary be even taller or this time it will grow in width?

usually these upgraded buildings increase in width

Also, I always wanted to ask, is there any chance to upgrade the old confectionay copies, for better versions, not ages, we've got from previous Events or just one, forever?

i assume it will be just one forever

joesoap

Major-General
when all the winter buildings are grouped together they look great, especially the app version with the snow, just a pity that most of them get sold or kept in inventory, a seasonal storage area would be great so that they could be brought out for the few weeks every year that they look the part

DeletedUser16112

Will stars carry over from day to day? I would much rather make sure to get one special item than almost get a dozen ones... my luck is the worst >_<

DeletedUser16026

I believe 2x + Seeing Eye does not show 4. Is that the case? Is there another combination that does not work?

. . . mk
In that instance, as "Show 2" also includes a reward of some stars, just the amount of stars is doubled.

The only other combination is "2x" + "Shuffle" in which case you get +20 stars instead of +10 for the shuffling. What remains is "Show 2" + "Shuffle" but those cannot be combined, you just receive the effects from each separately.

On the Legendary Confectionery - look at the images within the announcement again, you can check its size by the number of decorations (1x1) next to it. ;)

You can only upgrade 1 Confectionery with the event. The game will automatically give you the quest to upgrade the largest version of the Confectionery that is present/built in your city.

Will stars carry over from day to day? I would much rather make sure to get one special item than almost get a dozen ones... my luck is the worst >_<
Yes, the stars go into the counter in the top left of the game screen so you can decide when you want to spend them.

DeletedUser9168

And we also have something special for our mobile players... If you launch our mobile app and select a present from the winter event window, you will see....
what a shame i still can't get the iphone app to load - am i the only person with this problem?

DeletedUser2989

Moving this to the Discussions & Questions section as it applies to the whole game not just 1 world :) .

Upupa Epops

Master Corporal
The Winter Event was the very first event I encountered when I started playing Forge of Empires. I really enjoyed it and I am sure it contributed to my interest in the game. I am greatly looking forward to another one.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General

Looks to be 3 wide x 5 long (which is the same as the Huge Confectionary)