• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Winter Event 2015

DeletedUser16026

Why would that work?

The issue is the quest does not register the happiness if it came from another player's actions, or if you were already on enthusiastic level. But if you make a change from your own city to the happiness level, the game then registers this.

I was already on enthusiastic level in my own city, all I had to do is move away a piece of road and then return it.

ETA: Okay misread, lack of coffee, if the issue is regarding aid then this does not resolve that.

DeletedUser16112

Best strategy is save until you see something you really want. And you cant rush through the event, its one quest per day :)

This is my plan, save up enough stars to buy a whole page of packages. BUT.... what if you save up 180 stars, and before getting the thing you want, you get a "shuffle all" box? Will it result in 18 new unopened gifts or just shuffle the ones you have not opened? Holy moley I would be so angry if I had to start over! That would be so increadibly mean of the devs.

DeletedUser99588

This is my plan, save up enough stars to buy a whole page of packages. BUT.... what if you save up 180 stars, and before getting the thing you want, you get a "shuffle all" box? Will it result in 18 new unopened gifts or just shuffle the ones you have not opened? Holy moley I would be so angry if I had to start over! That would be so increadibly mean of the devs.

All presents are shuffled and happens quite a lot :(

ETA: Okay misread, lack of coffee, if the issue is regarding aid then this does not resolve that.

So this is a known bug allowed through from beta to live server? When will it be fixed?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser96901

then you better find the reward before the shuffle

or else you start from the beginning with less stars :eek:

DeletedUser16112

All presents are shuffled and happens quite a lot :(
then you better find the reward before the shuffle
or else you start from the beginning with less stars :eek:

Wow, that is a very un-fun design choice. A significant step down from previous events.

Edit: Unless the number of stars you can collect is large enough to balance it out. The point I'm trying to make is that pure luck is never a good mechanic in a strategy based game (especially when some rewards like rogue hideouts are game changing). Risk management is OK (like "spin the wheel" from previous events) but missing out on that special building you want because you were unlucky and reshuffled five times? That is just un-fun gameplay.

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer
I only play on two worlds, today I started another world and was not offered the winter event. Is this a glitch, why am I not getting what many others, who build on all worlds specifically just for events like this, are getting?

DeletedUser16026

You need to progress a bit more in the game. :) For this particular event you have to unlock the 'Wheel' research.

DeletedUser108733

Hi, love the snow animation!
does anyone have the list of quests in advance? I know some people don't like the spoliers, but I like to be able to plan for the quests required.

DeletedUser108673

So i got a perfect present opening on day 2 http://prntscr.com/97e9rz
incase my link didnt work - 1st present opened was reveal 2 presents
It revealed double reward and the 250 gems
So i got 500 gems for opening 3 boxes awesome =)

DeletedUser

I was looking forward to this event but my first quest is to make everyone enthusiastic. I would need 6000+ points to do this and with my best cultural buildings giving around 900 points @ 4x4 squares I can not free up enough space for that many cultural buildings without destroying the crafting and residential buildings that I need to make the huge number of resources to build each of these cultural buildings and decorations. Stuck in a catch 22 at the very first stage. :(

DeletedUser99588

Do you have excess population? If so delete some houses to reduce the requirement. Is the 6000+ requirement what is needed after everything is polished? If not get everything polished. Update all your roads to ones that provide the most happiness.

You may have to delete some production or goods buildings to be able to reduce your houses if you do not have excess population.

Up to you to decide if the event is worth it. If it was me I would do it.

DeletedUser

Thanks for answeringt @Thanatos100. I don't have excess population right now, I just built them up enough to get a new troop type. I hadn't thought about that. Once I get enough gold and mats to build it I guess I will be able to complete the day 1 challenge, it's going to take 4-5 days to do it though.

DeletedUser12400

So i got a perfect present opening on day 2 http://prntscr.com/97e9rz
incase my link didnt work - 1st present opened was reveal 2 presents
It revealed double reward and the 250 gems
So i got 500 gems for opening 3 boxes awesome =)
Lucky as well :)
yeah.png