• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Winter Event 2015

DeletedUser108476

As I'm new to FoE, I decided to do a quick search into the usefulness of the drummer school. And the consensus seems to be it may be useful in the lower ages but not in the higher ages. It seems to me that if the attack and defence bonus of the drummer is fixed at 10 and cannot be upgraded like the Champion, then yes - at higher levels, the +1 point of armour to all friendly units does not seem to be worth it, as you are effectively fighting with 1 unit short. As they say, you do not bring a sword to a gun fight. A simple fix, might be to make the drummer school upgradable like the Champion Retreat. Just a thought.

DeletedUser107692

I didn't even know we get extra stars just by shuffling. Till I read post #53 minutes ago. I don't see it mentioned in the announcement.
So missed out on a huge amount of stars since the start of the event. :((

Omg...thanks for mentioning that, didin't know it either.

DeletedUser107196

I hope there will be a Rogue Hideout AND that it will NOT be available on the 24th or 25th or 1st. I hope the FoE team realizes that it would be shortsighted to offer this highly valuable building on a day when MANY MANY ppl will be too busy to log in.

P.S.
If it is scheduled for these days I hope it is possible to change it and that Staff will change it.

DeletedUser16026

I hope there will be a Rogue Hideout AND that it will NOT be available on the 24th or 25th or 1st. I hope the FoE team realizes that it would be shortsighted to offer this highly valuable building on a day when MANY MANY ppl will be too busy to log in.

P.S.
If it is scheduled for these days I hope it is possible to change it and that Staff will change it.
The team here is not aware of the list and cannot make any changes to it unfortunately. Hopefully it won't be on Christmas day, but we cannot make a promise on that.

DeletedUser106685

In the previous years there was always some uninteresting prize during the Christmas days, so I don't think you have to worry.

DeletedUser107476

As I'm new to FoE, I decided to do a quick search into the usefulness of the drummer school. And the consensus seems to be it may be useful in the lower ages but not in the higher ages. It seems to me that if the attack and defence bonus of the drummer is fixed at 10 and cannot be upgraded like the Champion, then yes - at higher levels, the +1 point of armour to all friendly units does not seem to be worth it, as you are effectively fighting with 1 unit short. As they say, you do not bring a sword to a gun fight. A simple fix, might be to make the drummer school upgradable like the Champion Retreat. Just a thought.

Personally I use drummers to fight in Iron Age GvG and am quite happy for them to mount up from traz for this rather than take rogues to iron age. As I auto most battles it is possible i will lose a rogue or 2 along the way so why waste them when those drummers are there instead.

DeletedUser653

Personally I use drummers to fight in Iron Age GvG and am quite happy for them to mount up from traz for this rather than take rogues to iron age. As I auto most battles it is possible i will lose a rogue or 2 along the way so why waste them when those drummers are there instead.

But this is not logical because with the drummer building deleted you would get more rogues and have a useful big empty space. I also use rogues for the odd fight in lower ages but only because i got them via a quest.

DeletedUser107476

But this is not logical because with the drummer building deleted you would get more rogues and have a useful big empty space. I also use rogues for the odd fight in lower ages but only because i got them via a quest.

Rogues Hideout does not provide an extra 4% attack and I only ever have one hideout as traz produces enough for me.

DeletedUser106818

Any thoughts about the Confectionary from the Community, in regards to whether or not it will be awarded at the end of the event like the Graveyard was this year?
I looked at last years event on wiki but there was no mention of it being given at the end. I am just hoping that I wont need to spend any Stars trying to chase one down...

DeletedUser2989

I think it'll be a matter of there being 1 quest at the end that rewards some type of Confectionary, which one will depend on what you have built in your town. There will likely be a few chances to win a normal Confectionary before the last quest that would give most people the opportunity to get the 2nd step up Confectionary by the end of the event. Otherwise if you have no Confectionary in your town the last quest will have the basic one as the reward.

DeletedUser106818

It's the first year of the Event on Langendorn so it will be great to receive the standard Confectionary at the end :)
So here's to hoping that you are correct Tankovy

DeletedUser653

Confectionary was meant to be the main prize in Beta, so will be here too

DeletedUser1094

Last year, there were 34 quests. I don't think we've seen them all for this year yet.

The last quest was to sell your highest Confectionary if you had any.

DeletedUser106818

And todays special is.....The Confectionary lol, I will wait till the end and pick it up rather then spend Stars chasing it now.

DeletedUser15432

Now that many of us have our inventories stuffed full of buildings that we have no room to place in our cities from the last series of events, how about some more room to place these wonderful goodies

DeletedUser103076

I just finished the 20th day quest (finish 9 productions ...) and the screen flashed the 21st day quest (have 10 units ...) and immediately flipped to the "you have finished today's quest ..." screen. I presume this was because I already had 10 units, but I didn't have a chance to accept the reward. Anyone know if I got the stars? I wasn't paying attention.

DeletedUser16026

I just finished the 20th day quest (finish 9 productions ...) and the screen flashed the 21st day quest (have 10 units ...) and immediately flipped to the "you have finished today's quest ..." screen. I presume this was because I already had 10 units, but I didn't have a chance to accept the reward. Anyone know if I got the stars? I wasn't paying attention.
So far all cases I've checked the stars are received, it's just an issue with the windows displaying.

If you're not sure you can always contact support (or right click anywhere on the game screen and choose contact support) with a ticket and we can verify that.

Upupa Epops

Master Corporal
Now that many of us have our inventories stuffed full of buildings that we have no room to place in our cities from the last series of events, how about some more room to place these wonderful goodies
Well so far I have gotten enough medals from this event for 2 expansions and am on track for a third. So I'm happy. :D

DeletedUser15432

It might be easy for you Upapa Epops, however, it gets a lot harder when you need 85000 medals for an expansion and you have 6 or 7 items in inventory

Upupa Epops

Master Corporal
It might be easy for you Upapa Epops, however, it gets a lot harder when you need 85000 medals for an expansion and you have 6 or 7 items in inventory
Maybe they should make the medals packages larger for later ages. Just as the buildings suit the age you are in.