• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Winter Event 2015

DeletedUser

^^ @ Andrew420 - pretty much my experience of this issue minus the support bit (I've only relatively recently raised the ticket so no concerns on that score from support).

To me, it's still unclear what I need to do to complete the Winter Event. As per this post : https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...inal-quest-is-bugged.31066/page-2#post-186027 I have a version of the Confectionery on Brisgard, Korch, Jaims and Dinegu worlds. I sold my Confectionery on Brisgard, got nothing, raised a ticket; however, when I sold my Confectionery on Dinegu I got a Large Confectionery in return.

I'm loathe to sell the Confectioneries (1 regular, 1 large) on my other 2 worlds as I'm uncertain if the bugged/fuzzyquest will replicate itself - that's if it is a bug - but like I said at the start of this post, it's unclear to me how exactly this last quest works as results are 50/50 at this juncture.

SilverFoxes

Master Corporal
Depends on the quest you have in your other cities. If you have a confectionery and the quest asks you to sell a confectionery, it'll work. If you have a large confectionery and the quest asks you to sell a large one, it'll work. If you have a confectionery and the quest asks you to sell a huge confectionery, it won't and your best bet is to submit a support ticket for that.

DeletedUser107348

The event is still screwed up. Some people can't trade in a huge confectionery since we don't have one. That's not fair to us.

DeletedUser9168

When the Winter Event underwent testing on the Beta server, it ended in a total mess, with no opportunity to upgrade existing Confectionaries and players losing their stars by being denied the opportunity to spend them on the last days of the event.

i raised the point that "We need to spread the word on the live servers that the event has no official and obvious end. If I had paid good money for diamonds to buy extra stars with I would be more than a little annoyed. Just as well we get given diamonds here."

The Community Manager for the Beta server gave me the assurance that: "The event ends early on beta because its bugged like it says on the forums. The same won't happen on live."

hmm!

DeletedUser12400

The Community Manager for the Beta server gave me the assurance that: "The event ends early on beta because its bugged like it says on the forums. The same won't happen on live."

hmm!

Lol! You got fooled!

Zanzi the just 55

Master Corporal
Dark Star...There was no notice telling me about this being the last quest when my time for starting showed up. I opened up the Winter Event icon and it did show all the latest prizes so I am assuming that this was the last board to accumulate prizes for the Winter Quest. I did get a confectionary in a prior quest so I'm hoping if I sell it I will automatically get a large Confectionary in my inventory. On the Wikia discussion people were not getting it after selling and I just want to be sure that I will get the replacement before I actually sell the Confectionary. Please let me know.

PS... How long is the Quest board for prizes going to be posted as I have a few stars remaining and I want to use them all up if this is the last Quest board( or will another prize board be posted).

This Winter Quest was a little mixed up at times but I certainly enjoyed the quests and did accumulate a few choice prizes. The 'Shuffle" sure screwed things up at times when you were waiting for a certain prize to show up only to have to start again with all prizes covered. That's the luck of the draw. If everything was easy it would not be fun. Good job overall. It was my first Winter Quest and overall it was a blast. I've only played the game since the spring of this year and am finding the game really engaging. Keep up the good work.
Contacted Support and they rectified my situation in a very short time. As a result I was able to sell my Confectionary and get a Large Confectionary. Thanks for the quick follow up. I now have a few stars still remaining to try for another. I had a great time with my first Winter Quest and got a few great prizes. Keep up the good work.

DeletedUser12400

Contacted Support and they rectified my situation in a very short time. As a result I was able to sell my Confectionary and get a Large Confectionary. Thanks for the quick follow up. I now have a few stars still remaining to try for another. I had a great time with my first Winter Quest and got a few great prizes. Keep up the good work.
Glad to hear it :)

DeletedUser101459

Support sorted me out too, just in time:)

DeletedUser107716

Please contact support. We'll get back to you as soon as we can.

Nope, any unused stars when the event ends are lost.

You do not get a Frosty Quest, you get a Mandrubar Quest. Please double check your quests. If your quest is not there, contact support.

Thanks. Sorted.

DeletedUser11899

me not,

waiting patiently for a fix ...last non-working quest still there bcos I dont have any confectionary to sell

anyway with the upcoming new ranking I think it wont be worth having any premium or special supplies building like this, isnt it? :-)

DeletedUser5180

The event is still screwed up. Some people can't trade in a huge confectionery since we don't have one. That's not fair to us.

not really because this is the 4th winter event....... if its your first winter event you have the chance to win one as a daily special prize, if you don't have enough stars then you have spent them already, if you had stars and didn't win one then thats the luck of the game and not unfair.

if its your 2nd, 3rd or 4th winter event you have already had 1, 2 or 3 chances to win one and for each subsequent year the chance to upgrade it.

what would be unfair is for players in their 1st event to win the same reward as those players who are in their 4th event and have upgraded year after year.

DeletedUser11899

Since 2012 all Winter events I played have worked in the same way, the last quest was to sell your confectionary to get the upgraded one as reward or, if you didnt have it built in your city, to sell three buildings to get the normal one as reward as well, so this way all players got their first version of the confectionary at least if they were able to finish the entire questline, of course.

This year things were going as always until the last quest, on Noarsil this Winter event has been the first edition but unexpectedly the last quest, for all those who didnt have any confectionary, asked you to do:

1- Get and build a confectionary
2- Sell your confectionary (reward Large Confectionary)

One might think, well you had your chance days before to get your confectionary and I'd say, right but did you really know that it was mandatory to get it at that moment?

So far, all Todays special had one thing in common: all of them were OPTIONAL you spent stars to get it if you wanted or you liked it or, in other words, there was never a mandatory prize to get in order to complete a future quest.

If this year I've been unable to get the single confectionary, has it been my fault?

Having the Large Confectionary in the first year?
Wasnt it in the second year?
Excuse me, but I dont understand a thing

DeletedUser914

After a warm december, finally the winter came. For the first time in my life, I cannot leave the house due to a thick icefloor outside. And on that day event is over. :P

Galladhorn

Monarch
What is even better then a renovation kit? A destruction kit of course. The kit does not excist, but it would be a welcome thing for me. A building that brings down your bazaar from Tomorrow era (900 citizens) to bronze age (90 citizens). Just an idea... :p

Perhaps it could be called "Historical Restoration kit". It would mainly be used on Champions Retreats for those who would like generate champs again from ealerier ages. Overall it´s most likely a complicated and rather useless idea in the big scale of things :D