• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Winter Event 2014

DeletedUser99445

a very satisfying event for me too.
A couple of Rogue hideouts and a few shrines. Missed out on the renovation kits and missed out on the confectionary in my main world but still happy.

DeletedUser11899

..and the last present I opened was a.... what would you say? ...yes, you got it!, an awesome "x2" ! :p

jokes aside, it has been a good event overall :)

DeletedUser105638

When do the Winter Story results come in??

I have been searching for this information everywhere.

DeletedUser6065

Now, I almost hate to bring this up, but:

In Post#94 I asked:
'On the 20th Quest (Recruiting Units), Rogues are not being counted in the tally. Don't Rogues belong to all ages?'

Post#95 JadeAland (Mod) Responds:
'Rogues are not of any age and therefore will not count.'

Post#99 from Mangus555:
' . . . So, as a "No age" unit, the rogue is not a "current age" unit.'

Post#101 Reveals Gate2's thoughts to Mangus:
'Now this makes total sense and I have to agree with this.'

Now onto Quest #24 which stated asked for you to delete 2 units from your age, or 4 units from any age.

So, I deleted a Rogue. (You had to see this coming).

Anyway, yes, I deleted a Rogue.
Surmise what happened next.
I will give you 3 surmises.

Hard to believe, but the quest accepted the Rogue deletion toward task completion.

So a 'No Age' Rogue, from an 'All Ages Building' has an age for deletion, but not, recruiting? And, what age? (or not?). I am still of the opinion that there is something amiss here.

Post #108 from Tankovy (another Mod) suggests:
'The Rogue Hideout itself is All ages and I'd agree that it could be changed to No Age to help avoid confusion about weather or not they should count.'

Not necessary to implement because apparently they do. Or don't. Sometimes. Maybe. Better and easier to relabel the Rogues and the Hideout as 'You're Guess At This Moment Is As Good As Mine', and that should clear it up.

Oh yes, the part where I almost hated to bring this up?
I'm lying.

It gives me a chance to revisit this classic post from Test Ament:

' . . . simple: "all ages" is NOT "your age.'

A classic for all times.

. . . . mk

Post #110 from Seserous Omega:
'This is my favorite thread ever, first the whole Christianity/Christmas/Winter Event debate, then all these pages of no age/rogue debate... awesome'.

You're welcome. No problem. I'm just a stranger, passin' through. I'll be moseying along now.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

Quest #24 says (for the alternative) 4 units from any age. Granted I don't know if "no age" should actually count as any age, it seemed that the underlying purpose of the alternative objective was that it wanted to allow any unit to be deleted.
A bit rewording on the quest and/or Rogue Hideout would be best :p

DeletedUser6065

Quest #24 says (for the alternative) 4 units from any age. Granted I don't know if "no age" should actually count as any age, it seemed that the underlying purpose of the alternative objective was that it wanted to allow any unit to be deleted.
A bit rewording on the quest and/or Rogue Hideout would be best :p

Nope. Recall my original post. The Rogue was counted nowhere in the tally. Not current, not past. Not with the first, nor with the last. Not in a box, not with a fox. Nowhere to be found Byeordie. One is mistaken, either you or I.

. . . .mk

DeletedUser7719

Nope. Recall my original post. The Rogue was counted nowhere in the tally. Not current, not past. Not with the first, nor with the last. Not in a box, not with a fox. Nowhere to be found Byeordie. One is mistaken, either you or I.

. . . .mk
Your original post said that rogues did not count in quest #20 because the rogue did not count towards the current or previous age. You then said on your last post that the rogue did count on quest #24, but the alternative for the quest was to delete 4 units from any age (and I'm assuming you had to delete 4 rather than 2)

DeletedUser96901

. . . .mk
you are mistaken

have you forgotten that you wrote that :confused:
Hard to believe, but the quest accepted the Rogue deletion toward task completion

DeletedUser6065

In Quest #20 Rogue was nowhere in the tally.
In Quest #24 Rogue was in the tally.
. . . . mk

DeletedUser99445

Michael K. Sir, you are on fire today. A smoking gun with a Red Hot Barrel. :)
Keep up the good work.

DeletedUser101641

well done innogames

overall a well thoughtout and fun, side adventure, eagerly awaiting Valentines storyline/quest

DeletedUser2989

20.The 20th day of winter: Recruit 4 units from your age or 5 from the previous age.
24.The 24th day of winter: Delete 2 units from your age or 4 from any age.

Above are the 2 quests in question regarding the "No Age" Rogues. The reason they don't count towards the first is because they are not your current age or your previous age. The reason it counts for the second quest is because of the "any age" condition in which the unit tag "No Age" would be included.

So the quests have worked properly when they accepted/rejected the Rogues from the counts.

Even if terminology was to change for the naming of the Rogues they still wouldn't have counted for the first quest because of the way they function. The first quest specifically restricts the ages of the units to you current or previous, as the Rogue has the potential to be from an even earlier one it'd have to be excluded. Rogues would always be counted for quests that don't restrict age because you could delete (or build in the case of any quests that ask you to build a unit from any age) any age unit and it'd count, as a Rogue eventually has to be some age (any of which would meet the criteria for the quest) it'd count no matter what it turned out to be.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Well if a Rogue is classed as 'no age' then it can't qualify for the 'any age' condition. 'Any age' includes any unit from Bronze Age up to and including Contemporary Era..and as the 'no age' Rogues never belong to any of those ages/eras they don't actually meet the criteria for the quest.

DeletedUser99588

Who declared the description 'No Age' for a rogue? Have Innogames declared that is the correct description?

Looking at how the army management filters work the only conclusion you can come to is that they are 'any age' otherwise when filtering by age they would disappear if they were 'no age'.

That being said I think most understood what was required by the quests but maybe next time they could be written a little more concisely to keep those that like to test the boundaries of what will work happy.