• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Winter Event 2014

DeletedUser100674

The point being made does not concern the last day. Those of us stuck today really couldn't care less about the last day because it all becomes academic.
Thanks for the really uplifting post though.

DeletedUser99588

Yep....Me too.
Changed eras and now this quest rocks up. It will take me almost 140FPs to unlock the required tech. At the very least 4 days.
Surely this quest should not have been offered at this stage of the event. Even the option to build from the previous era but more of said items would have allowed those of stupid enough progress through the game while the event is taking place the chance to finish the event.
Bad planning me thinks.

Certainly was bad planning on your part for entering a new age at this stage of the event. Building current age buildings is a standard event quest and something you should consider before entering a new age. Same with taking a province on a map. Be like a scout and 'be prepared' :)

All in all the quests have been easy. Although I have had access to a list of the quests I haven't really bothered with it and just taken each quest as it has come and completed without any problems.

DeletedUser

Certainly was bad planning on your part for entering a new age at this stage of the event. Building current age buildings is a standard event quest and something you should consider before entering a new age. Same with taking a province on a map. Be like a scout and 'be prepared' :)
Most include "or 2 of previous era" so it wasn't bad planning, not when the difference is between a military building you can already make and one that you can't get to for a week or more. I jumped up to CE just in time to get a champ, not poor planning.

I am not sure I can do this requirement now, which is painful because I was prepared for all the other quests (had a tech ready, a province to conquer, to scout, etc. My map progress was non existent most of Nov to ensure I didn't get hurt like this!). It's only worth complaining because moving up for a slightly better prize was the most logical thing to do for many, and this quest not having the "or previous era" was unexpected and at a very bad time in the quest line.

DeletedUser99588

Most include "or 2 of previous era" so it wasn't bad planning, not when the difference is between a military building you can already make and one that you can't get to for a week or more. I jumped up to CE just in time to get a champ, not poor planning.

I am not sure I can do this requirement now, which is painful because I was prepared for all the other quests (had a tech ready, a province to conquer, to scout, etc. My map progress was non existent most of Nov to ensure I didn't get hurt like this!). It's only worth complaining because moving up for a slightly better prize was the most logical thing to do for many, and this quest not having the "or previous era" was unexpected and at a very bad time in the quest line.

It was your choice to move up to get a higher age Champion and you have to accept the risks involved in doing it. I to could have done the same but chose to delay entering a new era. Both options have pros and cons and we have to live with our decisions.

DeletedUser

No, I stand by my complaint that this quest should include "or previous era". Haven't all the other ones so far? Or had some sort of out, like the one for yesterday that was "recruit 10 units OR research a tech"? This quest stops people in a way that I don't think any others have and only because it's so late in the quest line is it such a problem.

How many quests are left? The tool tip says we have until the 4th to spend the presents, after the quests end will there be no more stars or will there still be 10 a day for shuffling the prizes?

DeletedUser5180

Yep....Me too.
Changed eras and now this quest rocks up. It will take me almost 140FPs to unlock the required tech. At the very least 4 days.
Surely this quest should not have been offered at this stage of the event. Even the option to build from the previous era but more of said items would have allowed those of stupid enough progress through the game while the event is taking place the chance to finish the event.
Bad planning me thinks.

there is always a danger when an event is almost over that a quest will ask you to unlock a tech or build something from your current age and if you have just progressed to a new age / era you may have trouble completing it :(

DeletedUser5180

01. Make people enthusiastic and build one decoration from your age. 12 stars(Gingerbread House)
02. Motivate or polish 12 buildings. 12 stars(250 Diamonds)
03. Finish a 1 hour production 3 times. 12 stars(Well of Welcome)
04. Build a Cultural Building from your age or 2 from the previous age. 12 stars(Winter Gate)
05. Sell 5 Buildings from your age or 5 buildings from the previous age. 12 Stars(Watchfire)
06. Acquire a sector without fighting. 18 Stars & Portrait : Charles(Wishing Well)(auto completes if map finished)
07. Gather 7 goods. 12 Stars(Large Star Package - 50 Stars)
08. Spend 8 Forge points. 12 Stars(Log Cabin)
09. Finish 9 productions in from the previous age OR 6 from your current age. 12 Stars(Nutcracker)
10. Infiltrate 2 sectors. 12 Stars(Large Medal Package). (auto completes if map finished)
11. Research a technology. 12 Stars(Residential Premium Building)(auto completes if tech tree finished)
12. Build 3 buildings from your current age. 12 Stars(Scarecrow)
13. Build 2 residential buildings from your age or 3 from the previous age. 12 Stars(Snow Globe)
14. Motivate or polish 14 buildings. 12 Stars(Winter Market)
15. Finish a 15 minute production 8 times. 12 Stars(The King)
16. Aquire 3 sectors. 12 Stars(Supplies Premium Building)(auto completes if map finished)
17. Contribute 17 Forge Points to Great Buildings or research a technology. 12 Stars(Double Observatory Blueprints)
18. Gain population & happiness, gather some coins, supplies & goods. 12 Stars(Festive Tree)
19. Pay 1900 coins and pay 1900 supplies. 14 stars(Reindeer Paddock)
20. Recruit 4 units from your age or 5 from the previous age. 14 Stars(Champions Retreat)
21. Motivate or polish 21 buildings. 14 Stars(Shrine of Knowledge)
22. Finish 22 productions in production buildings. 14 Stars(Confectionary)
23. Scout a province. 16 Stars(Rogue Hideout)(auto completes if map finished)
24. Delete 2 units from your age or 4 from any age. 24 Stars(Gingerbread House)
25. Build a building of every type. 18 Stars & Portrait : Astrid(Large Star Package - 50 Stars)
26. Buy 2 forge points. 18 Stars(Winter Gate)
27. Gather 4 of each of the following goods: Lumber, Dye, Wine, Marble & Stone. 14 Stars (Large Medal Package)
28. Spend 18 forge points. 14 Stars(Hall of Fame)
29. Motivate or polish 20 buildings, finish 9 productions from your age or the previous age. 14 Stars(The Queen)
30. Have 10 units or research a technology. 14 Stars(Tree of Love)
31. Make people enthusiastic, Build a cultural building or 2 decorations from your age. 14 Stars(Victory Tower)

as you can see it can vary, some quests will ask for current age, some give an option of current or previous.

DeletedUser

thank you akbhoy, your response disproved my post, I see that quests 1 and 12 did not have an out (though 12 doesn't count because there is always something you can build immediately upon entering a new age, and quest 1 isn't a road block like number 31, because it happened at the very beginning and quests could be completed days later without missing out). Anyone else remember when game companies were more subtle about getting people to pay for their games? Today's quest not having an out is blatantly to get people to spend diamonds to buy premium buildings. //end grumbling.

DeletedUser5180

although 1 & 12 are only for the current event it leaves time to complete it / them

so i do agree that it is kinda harsh that no 'out' was offered when the event was almost at an end with the 31st quest

Last edited by a moderator:

joesoap

Major-General
the quest list has been available since before the event even started, if any1 wanted to see what quests were coming up so they could be prepared all they had to do was ask on the forum & some would have sent them the list and if you change ages during an event you always run the risk of having a current age quest you cant complete

DeletedUser5180

the quest list has been available since before the event even started, if any1 wanted to see what quests were coming up so they could be prepared all they had to do was ask on the forum & some would have sent them the list and if you change ages during an event you always run the risk of having a current age quest you cant complete

i agree with that, the list i posted earlier (#187) was from our guild forum which was taken from beta and updated every day. As the event started much earlier on beta, our members had approx 10 days notice as to what order the quests were appearing. (the quests appeared in an identical order to beta server)

DeletedUser97155

I to could have done the same but chose to delay entering a new era.

Really ?

I was in the same position but jumped at the chance to to enter the new era - instead of being faced with prizes I'd already unlocked I'm now faced with prizes it would have taken some considerable time to unlock (The Mobile Air Defence I won was over 2000 Goods, 400 FPs, 4.5 million Supplies and over 2.5 million Coins beyond my stage in the Tech Tree .... and it's boosted my defence by miles)

It was an absolute no-brainer !!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser104929

Hi guys!

Can someone please answer me this: is today's prize (premium cultural building) the last prize for the event? I think I have read among the game tips -the ones it shows while city loads- that this event goes on until January 4th, but I don't know whether to spend all my stars today or wait until tomorrow, or the day after tomorrow, and see if some better prize comes along.

DeletedUser914

read wikia around 23.00 germany game time. For a reason they know reward for tomorrow slightly earlier and you can decide then.

DeletedUser96901

Hi guys!

Can someone please answer me this: is today's prize (premium cultural building) the last prize for the event? I think I have read among the game tips -the ones it shows while city loads- that this event goes on until January 4th, but I don't know whether to spend all my stars today or wait until tomorrow, or the day after tomorrow, and see if some better prize comes along.
I think the confectionary is still coming as daily prize (again)

DeletedUser2989

You can find the remaining time left for the event by clicking on the Winter Event button and then clicking on the "?" button in the top right of that window. You'll then be looking at the description of the Winter Event and just above the "ok" button is the countdown timer.

As of right now there is just over 3 days 5 hours left, there should thus be another 2 prizes. I wouldn't know if they are better than the current prize or not, but make sure you spend all your stars before the end of the event (The exact end time may vary, just don't leave things to the last second!). :)

DeletedUser104929

According to the wikia, January 3rd's prize is Confectionary!! =]

DeletedUser914

yes, that is the correct page, and it was always right. despite I choose to go for premium cultural and missed, wish you better luck. Although in total I was lucky, so no reason to complain