• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Winter 2017

xmen14

Private
hello holiday event is very exciting and thx to designers.for next event why not offer as prize what every player in game wants most-- expansions.

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer
'Research a Technology'...Seriously? What moron at Inno decided to add this? You were starting to listen to your players, creating a better game, but now you're reverting back to the garbage we all hated. Are you purposely trying to get people to leave the game?

DeletedUser110179

'Research a Technology'...Seriously?
That's rough ... that you only just noticed.
That said, even if you miss out on the Straw Star Tent, you can still get one from DS.

2) StrawStarTent.png

DeletedUser96901

'Research a Technology'...Seriously? What moron at Inno decided to add this? You were starting to listen to your players, creating a better game, but now you're reverting back to the garbage we all hated. Are you purposely trying to get people to leave the game?
you are all ?

I like research and hate the do 50 times 1h productions (or similar)

DeletedUser111866

I like research and hate the do 50 times 1h productions (or sim
You probably like research because you've already finished tech tree so it's automatic. (IIRC you said something like that in chat thread) I like prod quests because I aim to have a big set of production buildings, and I can tolerate research quests as I've saved tech advances in my current age. However, I understand the rants about research quest without alternative, even while I don't like the entire situation of era camping.

Dead-Eye

General
The event goes till 04 Jan. but according to the wiki page there are only quests till 02 Jan. What will be happening the last 2 days?

DeletedUser109006

Hey guys,

This thread is for discussion, feedback and any questions on the Winter Event. Check out the full announcement here.

We ho-ho-hope you enjoy the event this year ;)

Richard & Team

Way to ruin the Winter Quest....

I no longer wish to move on in Eras, but if I want to complete Winter Quest I have to research a tech.

No doubt you will tell me this is not your fault but Inno's.... well pass this message on to them then !!!!

Haagse Harry

Private

I no longer wish to move on in Eras, but if I want to complete Winter Quest I have to research a tech.

No doubt you will tell me this is not your fault but Inno's.... well pass this message on to them then !!!!

It's no ones fault. Like you they have made a choice. Live with it.

DeletedUser97688

it's your own fault. You're sitting in an age, completely against the way the game should be played. Inno have made a game, and the quests align with the ways to progress. You're choosing - of your own accord entirely - to go against that system. You can't have it both ways. Grow up.

jedi sith

Private
Ok I have a general issue about most of theses events. In general they're ok but a soon as you hit the issue of "research a technology or donate 500 goods in your era or era below" its event OVER.If like myself you are postmodern era, (a) it takes a bit to get research goods and (b) you generally wont have 500 of post modern or modern goods.
GET RID OF THIS STUPID criteria in your events please or unlock it to 500 goods in total because you are killing it for players at a reasonable leve;l who are not heavy coiners

Greywolf

Sergeant
it's your own fault. You're sitting in an age, completely against the way the game should be played. Inno have made a game, and the quests align with the ways to progress. You're choosing - of your own accord entirely - to go against that system. You can't have it both ways. Grow up.

Who decides how this game should be played? Shouldn't every player decide that for him or herself?

These quests stimulate players to progress to fast. Which leads to problems later on. It's much better to allow players enjoy the age they're in and progress through the tech tree at their own pace. Even if this means that certain players stop progressing entirely. So I'm all in favor of giving alternatives for the 'research tech' quests.

DeletedUser

How does one unavoidable research technology quest make you advance too fast? Especially considering that you hardly miss out on anything should you not do it, I hardly think there is any room for complaints.

DeletedUser110419

Who decides how this game should be played? Shouldn't every player decide that for him or herself?

These quests stimulate players to progress to fast. Which leads to problems later on. It's much better to allow players enjoy the age they're in and progress through the tech tree at their own pace. Even if this means that certain players stop progressing entirely. So I'm all in favor of giving alternatives for the 'research tech' quests.

You can decide for yourself how you want to play the game. That doesn't mean the game designers have to go out of their way to accommodate you.

I won't be finishing the winter event because one of the quests required that I do something I don't wish to do. That's MY choice. The game didn't force me to do anything.

Rubbish.

If you don't sit in an age, there is no way you can collect the goods necessary before moving on, nor could you level your GBs - most need at least one level added per age - nor could you level up any new GB (most don't justify their spave until at level 5 or 6).

If you sit half-way through an age, you won't have the troops to compete at GE, nor even to fight off the neighbourhood attackers.

The game requires that you spend about three times more time sitting (near or) at the top of an age before moving on. Forcing players to move up an age before they can have the chance to be prepared isn't helping good game strategy.

I never used to need to research, ever since starting to play early last year. Only the past two events have forced tech research and it is a bad decision.

Those who don't understand that Forge of Empires is no longer the game it was years ago are the ones in need of growing up.

You can decide for yourself how you want to play the game. That doesn't mean the game designers have to go out of their way to accommodate you.

I won't be finishing the winter event because one of the quests required that I do something I don't wish to do. That's MY choice. The game didn't force me to do anything.
The game designers don't have to accomodate anyone, by that kind of arguement. They could just make their lives real easy by making every quest 'do 30 productions of 8 hours.' However, it wouldn't be a very good game, even if people like you would still tell people to suck it up.

What we want is a more enjoyable game. Your only point is to effectively stop the game being more enjoyable, just make the poor developers' lives easier!

Let's not devolve this into pathetic definition squabbling. Nobody is forcing anyone to play the game at all, if it comes right down to it. 'Forcing' is used in context and if you can't grasp the context, ask.

An early thought to next year's Winter Event:

Keep the Winter Village but retire one or two buildings and add one or two others. This can keep the set alive and relevant while bringing in new elements.

For examples:
Don't make the Sugar Baker's Booth available; instead have a different building of 3x1 offering supply, coins, medals, 3 goods, 1FP.
or
Have neither the Smörgåsbord Feast nor Halmbock; instead have a (non-road) 2x2 offering happiness, attack boost, defence boost, attack boost, defence boost.​

Haagse Harry

Private
Rubbish.

If you don't sit in an age, there is no way you can collect the goods necessary before moving on, nor could you level your GBs - most need at least one level added per age - nor could you level up any new GB (most don't justify their spave until at level 5 or 6).

If you sit half-way through an age, you won't have the troops to compete at GE, nor even to fight off the neighbourhood attackers.

The game requires that you spend about three times more time sitting (near or) at the top of an age before moving on. Forcing players to move up an age before they can have the chance to be prepared isn't helping good game strategy.

I never used to need to research, ever since starting to play early last year. Only the past two events have forced tech research and it is a bad decision.

Those who don't understand that Forge of Empires is no longer the game it was years ago are the ones in need of growing up.

Rubbish.

Goods you can get by trading. The game doesn't require sitting at all. Moving on has always been more rewarding. Especially whem you do it just before an event starts. Research has been part of the events since the start, so who does not understand FoE? Seems to me there is only one person here that needs to grow up.