• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Winter 2017

DeletedUser110179

I got lucky, I had the reshuffle exposed with a show 2. So I got 2 SBB's on the first day. And a candlemaker on day 3.

with the 2 quest buildings that means 5 down, 8 to go...
3 years of experience will certainly go a long way in bringing you luck.

I was slow in responding to the Sugar Baker's Booth on the first day so I got my first piece with 1 Candlemaker's Tent .
With my 16 piece Attack combo it's 1 down, 15 to go.

3) 2 Dec Moretopia7 - Candlemaker.jpg
First present, first try.

Also it looks from beta that the two 1x1 buildings will only come up once.
This is similar to last year's spring event, where the gong of wisdom only came up once.
It will certainly push up the cost of getting those pieces in multiple copies (having to unwrap the re-shuffle to reset the layout).

Last edited by a moderator:

Zanzi the just 55

Master Corporal
3 years of experience will certainly go a long way in bringing you luck.

I was slow in responding to the Sugar Baker's Booth on the first day so I got my first piece with 1 Candlemaker's Tent .
With my 16 piece Attack combo it's 1 down, 15 to go.

View attachment 13947
First present, first try.

It will certainly push up the cost of getting those pieces in multiple copies (having to unwrap the re-shuffle to reset the layout).
You say' First present, first try' but your screen shows 163 stars in first 2 days. I'm one day ahead of you and already showing CM Tent as having to buy with diamonds but I only have 94 stars on my screen. I haven't spent any yet but since there is only 1 square with stars(14) you must have hit the reshuffle a lot and then hit stars again and again( or you are buying with diamonds). Curious where your extra stars on your screen came from. I don't have the room for the Winter Set as like everyone says expansions are at a premium and I like others have extra buildings coming out of my 'yinyang' so am playing very selectively for prizes.

DeletedUser104843

Also it looks from beta that the two 1x1 buildings will only come up once. This is similar to last year's spring event, where the gong of wisdom only came up once.

the gong came up at least twice that I recall. I ended up with 5 of them and currently have 3 full sets from that event sitting in my city. And that's after deleting a full set to make room for the Palace set

DeletedUser104843

On topic I do like the look of this xmas set. I just need to figure out the best setup to suit my current playstyle. And of course magic up some space to put them in lol

DeletedUser110179

Curious where your extra stars on your screen came from.
I had 700 diamonds saved up ... a nice kickstart if you have a large layout in mind.

That said, you really need to start early anyway ... if you want multiple DS (of the same thing) ... even Rogue Hideouts and SoK.
In last years winter event it was advantageous to save up stars for the end ... in wait for the grand prize (winning 7 @ One Blow).

In this years event ... the penalty in winning many DS in one day could be quite severe.

I ended up with 5 of them and currently have 3 full sets from that event sitting in my city.
And that's after deleting a full set to make room for the Palace set
Very nice indeed.

On topic I do like the look of this xmas set. I just need to figure out the best setup to suit my current playstyle.
What would that be ... Goods, FPs or Attack ?
(Attaining a goods orientated layout is probably the easiest to achieve)

DeletedUser110179

9 FP , 28 Goods combo (Special Thanks to pawelp)
A very balanced arrangement ... No more than 2 Daily Specials per piece.

DeletedUser110175

18 present tiles are just too many....it should be reduced to 15 or even 12 tiles..

till then, each set of daily tiles should contain at least 2 to 3 small stars packages or 1-2 small, 1 medium/large stars package to even the odds....currently most players will agree that it is more easier to just spend diamonds directly to buy the daily prizes than spend diamonds to buy stars and bet on the 18 unknown tiles with shuffle...

and if players are just spending diamonds directly then they are just shopping....not playing the winter event!

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
I find it strange that so many players are bothering to spend a fortune to gather this set.

Ok, so I've been playing this game for over 5 years, and my city is pretty strong. I can do level 4 GE without too much problem (I have to negotiate 3 fights), and I can go through PvP without problem. I have more premium buildings than I can place, so why would I need this set? It just seems like a hassle to me. I'll just save up my snowflakes and diamonds for SoKs as usual.

Unless I'm missing something?

DeletedUser110179

Unless I'm missing something?
Not really ...

You can't gift segments of the set to family and friends ...
so it's more like a race to have the fanciest Christmas lighting to impress and entertain ...

so all and sundry come calling (a rarity since GB dropdown came into effect).

DeletedUser110175

I'll just save up my snowflakes and diamonds for SoKs as usual.
Getting more that one copy of the same prize (SoK) may be just as difficult....even if SoKs appear twice, each time you'll have to win a SoK, then hit shuffle and win a copy, then again hit shuffle again, win SoK, shuffle....the amount of stars and diamonds you'll be spending chasing SoK and shuffle in the order will likely add up to just as much as going after the Winter set pieces!

DeletedUser110179

Getting more that one copy of the same prize (SoK) may be just as difficult....even if SoKs appear twice, each time you'll have to win a SoK, then hit shuffle and win a copy, then again hit shuffle again, win SoK, shuffle....the amount of stars and diamonds you'll be spending chasing SoK and shuffle in the order will likely add up to just as much as going after the Winter set pieces!
So true ... not many realize this new dynamic
(The layout automatically reset when you got the DS in last years event).

Getting an extra DS could cost the same as 2 DS ... or perhaps closer to 1.5.
No doubt most players are collecting all their stars for a time closer to the end.

In this way everyone can enjoy the event throughout December.

DeletedUser111589

Well, tried my luck today for first time in winter event. I think this is horrible way of getting presents. Fall event was much easier and merrier in luck part. Getting buildings is simply too expensive.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel

Very true (I got 2 SoKs today, so not too unhappy!).

To be honest, I don't really care too much what I win at these events now. I used to be a completist in one of my cities where I have nearly every type of event building since events started, but 9 buildings is pushing it too far for me. Not worth spending diamonds on anyway.

DeletedUser110179

I used to be a completist in one of my cities where I have nearly every type of event building since events started,
but 9 buildings is pushing it too far for me. Not worth spending diamonds on anyway.
9 is certainly complete ... 5 or 6 may be more useful.

I switched to a more event friendly arrangement that caters to the dynamics of the event (ie 1 DS on a day) ...
but I still have the hankering for 4 Halmbock eventhough it only comes up once during the event.

I prefer more pieces ... less variety.

5) Halmbock.png

It looks like a Trojan Horse (eventhough it's a ram).

DeletedUser108673

Working from the beta list of prizes it appears you have removed the 50 star reward along with the 250 diamond reward this year , WTG inno take the final remaining nice event prize of the year and nerf it (summer event etc already got nerfed).

We all know your a company and need to make money but that doesnt mean you have to be a complete scrooge in doing it - shame on you

How many will it take ?

12% Attack , 6 FP combo
While Statue of Zeus, Cathedral of Aachen and Castel del Monte offer 1% attack bonus for every two levels (after level 10) ...
12% attack bonus equates to 24 GB levels (a great boon to any warrior and a great saving in fps).

Stats: Thanks to pawelp
12% attack bonus
0.342 attack/square

6 fp / day
0.171 fp/square (Terrace Farm = 0.154 fp/sq)

2 goods / day
0.080 goods/square

I thought Halm was 3% attack boost as well - but it is only 2% Attack when connected. Inno changed the stats ?