• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Winter 2017

DeletedUser110797

I think that if you have finished the map this quest is awarded to you by default

DeletedUser108216

Winter? It's Summer !! Oh yeah... yet another Northern Hemisphere bias....

Yet another event with plenty of things to build, but precious little space in which to build them.... Seems a growing number of players are getting tired of the events which seemed designed to attract new players... but little on offer to keep long term players on side...

DeletedUser4453

Winter? It's Summer !! Oh yeah... yet another Northern Hemisphere bias....

Yet another event with plenty of things to build, but precious little space in which to build them.... Seems a growing number of players are getting tired of the events which seemed designed to attract new players... but little on offer to keep long term players on side...

I agree.
Looking forward to the event where we can "win" an expansion!

DeletedUser110150

I'd like clarification on something with regards to the new winter buildings set.

When it says they have to be 'next to other unique Winter buildings' to get the bonuses I assume this means that each of the buildings they're next to has to be different in order to activate the bonuses?

So for example, if Madame Fortuna's tent was next to two Straw Star Tents, then for the purpose of the bonus that would only count as one unique building and so you'd only get the bonus for one. And likewise if two buildings of the same type were next to one another, that wouldn't count towards the bonus either. Every single one of the winter buildings they're next to has to be of a different type in order to count towards the bonus. Have I got this right?

I'm relatively new to the game and this is the first time I've come across one of these sets so I want to be 100% sure on how it works before choosing what prizes I'm going for during the event.

Thanks

DeletedUser107476

I'd like clarification on something with regards to the new winter buildings set.

When it says they have to be 'next to other unique Winter buildings' to get the bonuses I assume this means that each of the buildings they're next to has to be different in order to activate the bonuses?

So for example, if Madame Fortuna's tent was next to two Straw Star Tents, then for the purpose of the bonus that would only count as one unique building and so you'd only get the bonus for one. And likewise if two buildings of the same type were next to one another, that wouldn't count towards the bonus either. Every single one of the winter buildings they're next to has to be of a different type in order to count towards the bonus. Have I got this right?

I'm relatively new to the game and this is the first time I've come across one of these sets so I want to be 100% sure on how it works before choosing what prizes I'm going for during the event.

Thanks
Yes they have to be next to different buildings from themselves, however this can be exploited with larger buildings. If you place building (a) which is a larger building needing 4 unique buildings next to it and on one side place 2 smaller buildings say (b) and (c) then on the other side of those buildings place another building (a) both (a)'s get the bonuses from (b) and (c). As smaller building like (b) and (c) normally only need to be beside 2 unique buildings all 4 buildings would be getting the bonuses.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser100832

Is this the best arrangement?

0-empty, 1-fortune, 2-star straw, 3-halmbock, 4-candlemaker, 5-tinkerer?

all decos (no road), 4fp from 18 squares.

DeletedUser100832

I suppose you can replace the candelmakers with 2 SSB's, gaining 2 extra fp for 4 squares and 2 road connections. That does make it a little more neat too.

EDIT, not really, they won't touch 4 buildings ((.

Not sure how to fit 2 by 2's in yet

DeletedUser100832

How about this, think this works, and is neater

24 sq, 2 road connections - 6fp

6-smorgasbord, 7 - SBB

Last edited by a moderator:

AristoTheSly

Private
Hey guys,

This thread is for discussion, feedback and any questions on the Winter Event. Check out the full announcement here.

We ho-ho-hope you enjoy the event this year ;)

Richard & Team
I am wondering if Inno Games has actually played their game with the Winter Event or just wanted to create a money maker for their Christmas season. I have spent a lot of money buying diamonds for expansions and special buildings but, I won't for this event. There is no way to complete more than one quest in a day, and the most stars you can "earn" is 10, maybe 20 each day. There are a ton of presents hiding the days featured prize, and it costs 10 stars to reveal just one gift. There should at least be some other way to earn stars other than just buying them. The cost of the stars in diamonds is even ridiculously priced and definitely not a fair trade. I love the statement for the event that is provided that you have 35 days to complete the quests. Ummm, you can only do one per day so I guess you really don't have a choice other than for it to take 35 days. I have enjoyed all the other quests and events thus far since playing the game, but I am seriously disappointed in this event. Like others have stated, it is slim to none that without spending a ton of dollars, you simply are dillusional if you think you will get a whole Christmas set. Disappointed in the planning of this Winter Event.....

DeletedUser110179

Disappointed in the planning of this Winter Event.....
I'm sure that you are dissapointed in your planning for this event.

If you bought 100 stars with 700 diamonds you would be well on your way to snap up early pieces of the Winter Village set. There's no reason to get every piece when you could design a perfect set for your requirements. It should be mentioned that getting more than 1 DS per day will be wastefull since you have to unwrap the reshuffle. That said, most pieces of the set will be available on two occasions (allowing you to get one piece each time).

I designed a 12% Attack + 6fp combo ... but many combinations are possible.

DeletedUser100832

I got lucky, I had the reshuffle exposed with a show 2. So I got 2 SBB's on the first day. And a candlemaker on day 3.

with the 2 quest buildings that means 5 down, 8 to go...

DeletedUser100832

Also it looks from beta that the two 1x1 buildings will only come up once. This is similar to last year's spring event, where the gong of wisdom only came up once.