• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Winter 2017

DeletedUser110797

I can't put my finger on it but there is an element missing from this Winter Event......it just isn't exciting and the presents are so underwhelming...8K coins,yeah....small star pack....whoopee! It's almost as if the event has been floated on a very limited budget. I'm only in it for the SoKs and 100 medals and I've only got one of each so far.

DeletedUser110179

I can't put my finger on it but there is an element missing from this Winter Event ...
Inno gave us the tools for greatness ... but the tools themselves are worthless.

Shrine of Knowledge is universally accepted as a great stand alone special building ... so too Rogue Hideout .
The Winter Village pieces are tools to create greatness ... individually they are worthless ... together they are priceless.
You need to create a magical set of pieces to make them shine.

Most people aren't accustomed to such variety and scope for possibility.
The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

winter_event_buildings_2017.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110797

Just my opinion but I don't rate the Rogue's Hideout as a great building. You win your first one and low and behold only the first 2 rogues can be bought with coins and supplies and then you have to start parting out with diamonds to get the remaining 3. Inno sure knows how to draw blood.
The Winter Village pieces are tools to create greatness ... individually they are worthless ... together they are priceless.
And they take up far too much space......space which I would far rather allocate to my next 2 GBs. Each to their own I suppose.

jibrilbey

Private
It's more like gambling than strategy game. :?
I prefer history quests, where you can earn your reward.
This is my first seasonal event, but it looks like a taxation upon all the fools in creation.

DeletedUser110179

It's more like gambling than strategy game. :?
I prefer history quests, where you can earn your reward.
This is my first seasonal event, but it looks like a taxation upon all the fools in creation.
Strategy is a gamble ... rarely does the outcome follow the plan exactly.
You only earn courage after you take a risk.

In this world, nothing is certain but death and taxes ... the rest is up to you.

death_taxes.jpg

Agent327

Overlord
I can't put my finger on it but there is an element missing from this Winter Event......it just isn't exciting and the presents are so underwhelming...

In previous events you could also win diamond buildings. Even if you did not like the main prize, you could go for one of those. That all has stopped. Besides that, the main prize has also dropped in value. Most that are now presented as special I can pick up every week in GE, so what left is the new winterset. If that is not to your liking you have really nothing to play for.

Just my opinion but I don't rate the Rogue's Hideout as a great building.

Neither do I. In the end, alll you need is one and Alcatraz.

DeletedUser112171

I am playing the game for 184 days. This is the most unfair quest line I have seen so far.
First of all why should I do only 1 quest each day? Second, why the only worthy reward in the presents each day is the daily reward? Third, Why when you get the x2 reward and then open "Show two" it doesn't show 4 boxes? It is a x2 reward after all, isn't it?
Fourth, Why in 3 of 4 cases I should open all the boxes to find a reward worth more than 20k gold (which is like nothing)?
The story line buildings worth nothing if you don't have them all. With the way you made the whole concept I have to open 10 boxes to find a single building if I am lucky. If I am not lucky I save 3 days then open 90% of the boxes and get 3 blueprints and 20k gold. So the chance to get all the buildings is less than 10%..........................

RAIdaz.jpg

In the picture above you can see how you can win nothing for 70-80 Stars :)

Dead-Eye

General
I am playing the game for 184 days. This is the most unfair quest line I have seen so far.
First of all why should I do only 1 quest each day? Second, why the only worthy reward in the presents each day is the daily reward? Third, Why when you get the x2 reward and then open "Show two" it doesn't show 4 boxes? It is a x2 reward after all, isn't it?
Fourth, Why in 3 of 4 cases I should open all the boxes to find a reward worth more than 20k gold (which is like nothing)?
The story line buildings worth nothing if you don't have them all. With the way you made the whole concept I have to open 10 boxes to find a single building if I am lucky. If I am not lucky I save 3 days then open 90% of the boxes and get 3 blueprints and 20k gold. So the chance to get all the buildings is less than 10%..........................

RAIdaz.jpg

In the picture above you can see how you can win nothing for 70-80 Stars :)

Kinda cheesy this winter event. I am beginning to wish I hadn't bothered.

DeletedUser112171

Kinda cheesy this winter event. I am beginning to wish I hadn't bothered.

Ah forgot to say that if you cant get your desired reward after 10-11 times that you have tried, you have the ULTRA worthy opportunity to buy the Shrine of Knowledge (for example) for the SUPER special price (only for you) - 3000 Crystals.

DeletedUser110179

I have to open 10 boxes to find a single building if I am lucky.
If I am not lucky I save 3 days then open 90% of the boxes and get 3 blueprints and 20k gold.
So the chance to get all the buildings is less than 10%..........................
If you consider that you can win 500 stars during the event (ie 50 presents) ... and open 10 presents for 1 Daily Special ... then you are still getting 5 DS + 2 from the quests = 7 pieces for the Winter Event Village (without spending diamonds).

It's not bad luck to save 3 days and open 90% of the boxes ... it sheer lunacy. I started playing FoE in Nov last year ... saving all the stars during the winter event until the end ... and wining 5 Rogue Hideouts in one city and 9 in another. Of course, if you don't spend any diamonds to acquire stars then you shouldn't be unwrapping in the first half of the event.

The aim isn't to get all 9 pieces (like so many stamps in a set) ... you want a combination that will benefit your city. It's like buying lego blocks ... you don't have to use them all when you build a structure (only the ones that work for your arrangement).

Maybe you have to ask yourself ... do you want to unwrap presents or do you want to build a village of perfect power and harmony ?

Agent327

Overlord
First of all why should I do only 1 quest each day?

That is to keep you busy for more than three days.

Second, why the only worthy reward in the presents each day is the daily reward?

For someone that has only been playing 184 days there are many more worthy rewards than just the daily one.

Third, Why when you get the x2 reward and then open "Show two" it doesn't show 4 boxes? It is a x2 reward after all, isn't it?
Yes and that is why you get 6 stars and not 3.

Luck????

The story line buildings worth nothing if you don't have them all.

Yes they are. There are some I don't even want and others I want more than once.

Ah forgot to say that if you cant get your desired reward after 10-11 times that you have tried, you have the ULTRA worthy opportunity to buy the Shrine of Knowledge (for example) for the SUPER special price (only for you) - 3000 Crystals.

Crystals??? Lucky you! I have to pay with diamonds!

DeletedUser112171

1. I am not a kid to keep me busy. I know its a business but like other events I prefer to do 5 quests today and 5 quests in 3 days. It should be my decision.
2. Tell me the rewards except the daily one? 5 forge points? Two blueprints? 20k supplies? Reveal two? 1 forgepoint? They are worthless
3. There is no reward worth more than the 20k gold reward except the Daily one, so... its not about luck its about the rewards that are given
4. The daily rewards are not only the story line buildings. So I have to make choices. When i do and give the stars for 5 days and get no reward its stupid and unfair.
5. Don't make me laugh. It does not matter if they are Crystals, Coins, Diamonds or any other.

DeletedUser112171

Oh sorry the reward is 2 forge points not 1... And there is the best one - A great sword warrior.. :D

DeletedUser111589

Oh sorry the reward is 2 forge points not 1... And there is the best one - A great sword warrior.. :D

For me who entered LMA just 6 days ago, a LMA unit with my rogues is invaluable as GE will become harder to battle through (even if only 1 full and 3/4 of second level). The cavalry I got when going for SoKs helped me conquer a colonial province.