1. Forge Questers!

Join the contest for a chance to win 1,000 diamonds Read all about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A Few Good Mods!

Check out the various positions we have to offer here.
    Dismiss Notice

3. Fall Event 2019

On your marks. Get set. Bake! This year, the Fall Bake Off makes its return to your city in style!
    For detailed information, please click here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Forge Cafe

Head to our Forge Cafe, ask a question, or have a chat. It's the perfect place for you to pull up a chair and learn more about the game and the forum here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Event Winter 2017

Discussion in 'Announcement Discussions' started by Sovereign, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Sovereign

Sovereign Former CM

Hey guys,

This thread is for discussion, feedback and any questions on the Winter Event. Check out the full announcement here.

We ho-ho-hope you enjoy the event this year ;)

Richard & Team

2. Prinza the Hunter

Prinza the Hunter Monarch

Will buildings from the Winter Village Set be made available during 2018 on Daily Challenges? If so, will Daily Challenges ever be made available to more than just a favoured few players?

baobao the builder likes this.
  3. Bridgeman55

Bridgeman55 Monarch

How many [​IMG] will it take ?

12% Attack , 6 FP combo
    While Statue of Zeus, Cathedral of Aachen and Castel del Monte offer 1% attack bonus for every two levels (after level 10) ...
    12% attack bonus equates to 24 GB levels (a great boon to any warrior and a great saving in fps).

6 FP-Att Combo.jpg
    [​IMG]

Stats: Thanks to pawelp
    12% attack bonus
    0.342 attack/square

6 fp / day
    0.171 fp/square (Terrace Farm = 0.154 fp/sq)

2 goods / day
    0.080 goods/square

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    Sovereign, mummytime, hawknz and 3 others like this.
  4. OVERTYPE

OVERTYPE Tsar

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Looking forward to the event:blush:

Bridgeman55 and Sovereign like this.
  5. Munzekonza

Munzekonza Corporal

More buildings, more avatars and how many expansions will be rewarded ? We have already a plentyful of avatars but scarse expansions. In average there is 1 expansion on 4 avatars in every new age.

6. Lord B

Lord B Chief Warrant Officer

Sadly I'll be mostly ignoring the event. I do like some of the buildings, but the high odds of getting a random shuffle before any event prizes are won mean it's just not worth the time to try and collect all the required buildings. I'll save my researches and provinces for rewards that are guaranteed, rather than sets that are unlikely to be acquired without diamonds.

Prinza the Hunter likes this.
  7. Bridgeman55

Bridgeman55 Monarch

The maddening reshuffle looms large on the horizon.

I got 9 RHs in the 2016 Winter event without spending diamonds (pretty much the time I started playing FoE) ...
    but you probably need a good few more pieces for a decent setup this year.

[​IMG]

8. Galladhorn

Galladhorn General

I really do not fancy Christams much, but the new design is pretty stylish for a Christmas show
    - but its a lot of buildings though.

Sovereign and Bridgeman55 like this.
  9. patrucio

patrucio Corporal

I don't play these events for the end-game buildings because they generally take up too many squares/expansions and it seems that over time more and more space is required to position them in our cities. I just play for the rewards and hope for some medals and diamonds.

mummytime likes this.
  10. HRC

HRC Monarch

copy paste from every other reply you have every done to an event,
    Overtype, your a senior player from the 1st year and a founder of a great guild why do you ever post anything other than "looking forward....." please review the event and post something to show you have even bothered to look and understand the event. This event has many good things as well as not so good so perhaps a comment to show you have even looked at it might be nice.

Prinza the Hunter likes this.
  11. Agent327

Agent327 Emperor

Maybe because he is a moderator and thinks he needs to support the hometeam?

12. Medribradrion

Medribradrion Brigadier-General

Cant see how you can get the whole winter set (9 bldgs) without spending diamonds

13. mummytime

mummytime Private

It's all awf'ly Pink this year. Glad to see there is a choice of avatars to get. What I wanted to do, though, was take some of last year's buildings out of inventory and add around those. Only the moose this year, and last year's reindeer are going to look good together..

14. Richard of shaw

Richard of shaw Major-General

Well it's not quite the palace set but should make for some good plundering provided players get good sets. Bring on 2018!!!!

15. Sovereign

Sovereign Former CM

Thanks for your question. I've check with Game Design. We've got no details as of yet if this will be the case.

16. Michael K.

Michael K. Major-General

Confectionery?
    Reindeer Paddock?
    Not seein' it on WIki.
    . . . mk

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  17. Test Ament

Test Ament Overlord

I will skip it because I don't have space and don't see a chance to get a full set

nice. but not many will get it complete without diamonds

18. Bridgeman55

Bridgeman55 Monarch

You will need diamonds ... the question is ... how many ?

19. lumpy9

lumpy9 Private

A great collection of buildings with good rewards, but the chance of getting a set is slim without spending diamonds, also taking getting on for 2 expansions and with space being a premium, is it worth it I have inventories full on useless buildings and no space to build them, if only we were given more space to build this would be a great game.

Rheart likes this.
  20. sleepy wolf

sleepy wolf Private

One of the quests is "acquire 3 sectors". I finished the map, so will be hard to complete that task.
    Will new sectors be opened or maybe a new map?