• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Windows 10

DeletedUser914

My guild member wrote this:

Has anyone else upgraded to Windows 10, then when trying to play FoE, it runs very slowly, a tortoise could move faster than doing things within the game. It's like running through treacle at the moment for me.

Any information would be appreciated to try and make it faster (lol).

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
I've upgraded to Windows 10 on my fairly cheap laptop and it seems to be working ok - a lot better than internet explorer on Windows 8.1.

It seems to be a bit slow to start with - I think it caches quite a lot - but it seems to speed up pretty quickly.

I'm mostly playing on my phone at the moment though, so I'm easily impressed! Lol

DeletedUser12400

I am using the 64bit version Chrome Business MSI package. It seems pretty snappy for me. Not noticing a difference from my Win7 or Win8.1 machines. Although I have not been able to use it extensively yet on Win10.

DeletedUser15432

I do not intend to migrate to windows 10, therefore, i will have no input for this thread, however, I will be watching with interest to see what other players are saying about Bill Gates latest offering

DeletedUser16026

From a bit of personal experience, Win10 seems quite slower in comparison to Win7. It may just be a matter of the OS needing some time to properly adjust and get a lot of bugfixes before it improves its performance, we'll see. The new Edge browser seems to eat up less memory than Chrome for example, but due to the slowness of the OS it sort of makes for a worse experience.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Ok - Windows 10 has been on for a few days - fresh install, so no clutter.

I've tried out a few browsers...

IE (yes, it's still there) - Not good.
Opera - Rubbish.
Safari - Hahahahahahahahah!
Chrome - Quite fast, seems to slow up after a few fights though.
Firefox - Slightly quicker than Chrome, although that might be an illusion.
Waterfox (FF 64 bit) - Quickest of the lot, but an occasional click-through issue.
Edge (win 10) - Not as fast as Waterfox, but doesn't seem to slow down as much after battles.

All this is subjective though - You might experience it differently.

At the moment I'll stick to Waterfox, but Edge is worth keeping an eye on.

To be honest, until they fix the GB balancing issue (which might be never), I'm only playing occasionally on my android phone. I can't be bothered with doing hundreds of fights a day if someone can level up their Alcatraz and get 10,000 times as many points as I've scored in 3 years.

Last edited:

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
I upgraded my old dell XPS laptop and boot up time is about 10-15 seconds slower than it was with Windows 7.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
I upgraded my old dell XPS laptop and boot up time is about 10-15 seconds slower than it was with Windows 7.

I've found that startup speeds up after a few days. There is an option somewhere to speed up launching Windows 10 too - haven't looked at it yet, but I'm told that makes a difference.

DeletedUser3707

Too paranoid that the new operating system allows NSA or some other private corp. to spy on and steal your data. Damn it USA. Now I have another reason to use older operating systems. Not only the old trope of them working better, but probably safer.

DeletedUser5514

Win7 iexplorer was faster and didnt need as many refreshes as it is happening with Win10 edge/iexplorer... foe takes much more memory, its slower and crashes much faster with this new operating system.

DeletedUser2989

So far the only problem I've had with windows 10 was having to download it twice before it'd upgrade properly... I went from windows 7 to windows 10 and it seems my machine is running everything faster and/or better. Still using waterfox for FoE and while I haven't been running Windows 10 for long I'd say it was an overall improvement, we'll see how long that holds up though.

DeletedUser4879

Using 10 for the last 3 days and it took me that long to sort it! Installed it from an iso image and had
quite a few problems! Updated from win 8.1 64 bit the worst windows ever in my opinion! Been using MS way
back when Bill pinched that DOS thingy from IBM ( I think)...
The new browser is a load of rubbish, but chrome and Firefox doing well!! No problems playing FOE or
Elvenar!! My advise goes like this, if you're running Win7 or even 8.1 and having no problems stay away
from 10 at least 6 more month! One of the big problems with 10 is spam/advertising! You be needing a
good spam remover and a few other programs to clean up the mess!! As expected some of the programs
don't work at all and they messed up Skype! Was a well running program before MS got their dirty little
hands on it!! Seem to me Inno and MS have the same problem with their devs! Doing Bugdates instead of
Updates!!!:rolleyes:
However, I think WIN10 will be the best operatingsystem when all the bugs are sorted!!!!;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5180

keep the posts coming folks

i'm going to wait a while before i go for W10, as someone has already posted perhaps waiting a while for initial problems to be sorted would be wise before i go from windows 7

DeletedUser107021

I recently upgraded to windows 10 as well and now the game responds 4 seconds after I click on chrome. Microsoft edge is better at click responsiveness but is a glitch-fest instead.

DeletedUser97688

I've been using W10 for ages. Games works fine. ALso many features better, etc, etc.

DeletedUser96844

Too paranoid that the new operating system allows NSA or some other private corp. to spy on and steal your data. Damn it USA. Now I have another reason to use older operating systems. Not only the old trope of them working better, but probably safer.

LOL poolboy..
As if the NSA is really interested in your game stats..
and to also think they could not gather data from older platforms.. or any other OS for that matter.

DeletedUser96901

you should use Tails

then nobody can steal your data