• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Spoiler Will The Virgo Project kill The Kraken?

• Thread starter DeletedUser116545
  • Start date

DeletedUser96901

stats will be revealed when it is released on live on the forge of empires official wiki

btw
how do you know that RaH doesn't overwrite Lighthouse and only one bonus is applied ?
did InnoGames reveal that somewhere ?

Well it has been built. But it's in β and it may be alterated. They have even opened a thread for suggestions to make SAM GBs more balanced.
maybe they give it a different bonus before they release it to live

btw:
AO 150% damage bonus and 20% chance of double damage from SAM units bonus can happen at the same time
saw both icons over the enemy today in one attack

DeletedUser113901

maybe they give it a different bonus before they release it to live
I just hope the stargazer stays the same. As for the virgo, I seriously don't know. As it is, I could actually actually build it at some point, but clearly not in the next year.

FelixPSY375

Lieutenant
Even do the
Space Age: Mars!
did not come out jet, I'm concerned about one of the new GBs introduced in this era. The GB in question being:

The Virgo Project
SAMGBRocket.png

This Great Building has the ability "Missile Launch", which gives you the chance to kill half of all enemy units at the start of a battle. Additionally, the building also produces coins for your city.

Since we did not jet see this building in action, I can not properly assume how the levels of chance this building will have. That being said, we can compare it to

The Kraken
the_kraken.png

The Kraken is a Great Building that comes with a skill: First Strike.
At the start of the next several fights, there is a chance a unit from the enemy's defense army will be killed immediately. This only applies to the first wave of a battle.
On top of the First Strike skill, The Kraken will also produce Forge Points.

The Virgo Project seem to be essentially a direct upgrade to The Kraken, seeing as how the ability "Missile Launch" allows you to delete 3 of opponent's 6 units,First Strike. while only deletes 1 of opponent's 6 units.

The question I propose is: Do they stack? Or one completely negates the other?

let me show you an example:

Let's assume you made a stop at the end of Modern era, waiting for space age: mars! to get released so you can trade forge points for goods needed for The Virgo Project, before you mode to PME. Since you allready traded for The Kraken before and you now have it on Lv 80 (which gives you 98.08% chance to insta kill 1 unit 23 times) you'd now have bot of them, and you might even wait a bit before moving on so you get a decent level on The Virgo Project.

Now with those preparations ready, you face against

Che Guerrero

in The Province of Rung Chien Dau
against his
1 Armored Car
1 Sniper
1 Conscript
1 Tank
1 Mechanized Artillery

the question I pose is - if there is a chance for both abilities to activate
will that leave Che Guerrero with:

• only 2 units (both abilities stack)
  • only 3 units (Missile Launch overwrites First Strike)
  • only 4 units (First Strike overwrites Missile Launch)
or is there a line in the code that only one can activate?
Someone from staff please clear that for us please.

I don't think so. The activation chance is super low. 20% for 3 battles a day, meaning abou 0.008% per day. The activation count goes up to 4 per day at around lv 30 only.
Kraken, on the other hand, has a better activation rate fot 10 battles for lv 1.

Shad23

Emperor
To lazy to look them up yourself?
lol if i wanted to look em up i would , i asked for the rest of the players reading here thaught they might apretiate that you'd do somthing usefull for a change instead of making ppl feel bad cause they did not read enough after all this is spoiler section it's the good place to place those stats

DeletedUser116545

how ironic of you lol , truth is it would have been noble of you to actualy give a helpfull answer to a question that was mentioned befor i asked in a more specifick way

Please, do not argue. I haven't been here for long, but if Agent327 is resident troll, you're just giving him/her power by responding to him/her

But you're right. Some of us (mostly me) have no idea where to find the stats, and are either too lazy, or too busy (some of us are colleague students) to be bothered to locate them. So if anyone knows where to find them, it would be most appreciated if you could share it with the rest of the class.

Forwandert

Major-General
Just seen on beta they are removing neighbourhood attacks from the virgo boost.

Completely destroyed this GB for app players now. I was deciding if it was really worth building but once the campaign map is done there is no use for this GB now, it would just be sat there with unused collections daily.

DeletedUser99588

Please, do not argue. I haven't been here for long, but if Agent327 is resident troll, you're just giving him/her power by responding to him/her

But you're right. Some of us (mostly me) have no idea where to find the stats, and are either too lazy, or too busy (some of us are colleague students) to be bothered to locate them. So if anyone knows where to find them, it would be most appreciated if you could share it with the rest of the class.

If you can't be bothered why should others do it for you? I presume you meant college student, which I once was, and I can confirm I never had so much time on my hands at that time when compared to working for a living.

Spend a few seconds searching and you'll find what you need.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Just seen on beta they are removing neighbourhood attacks from the virgo boost.

Completely destroyed this GB for app players now. I was deciding if it was really worth building but once the campaign map is done there is no use for this GB now, it would just be sat there with unused collections daily.

Oh, so, its become a waste of space needle, heh

SpankMeHard

Corporal
Even do the
Space Age: Mars!
did not come out jet, I'm concerned about one of the new GBs introduced in this era. The GB in question being:

The Virgo Project
SAMGBRocket.png

This Great Building has the ability "Missile Launch", which gives you the chance to kill half of all enemy units at the start of a battle. Additionally, the building also produces coins for your city.

Since we did not jet see this building in action, I can not properly assume how the levels of chance this building will have. That being said, we can compare it to

The Kraken
the_kraken.png

The Kraken is a Great Building that comes with a skill: First Strike.
At the start of the next several fights, there is a chance a unit from the enemy's defense army will be killed immediately. This only applies to the first wave of a battle.
On top of the First Strike skill, The Kraken will also produce Forge Points.

The Virgo Project seem to be essentially a direct upgrade to The Kraken, seeing as how the ability "Missile Launch" allows you to delete 3 of opponent's 6 units,First Strike. while only deletes 1 of opponent's 6 units.

The question I propose is: Do they stack? Or one completely negates the other?

let me show you an example:

Let's assume you made a stop at the end of Modern era, waiting for space age: mars! to get released so you can trade forge points for goods needed for The Virgo Project, before you mode to PME. Since you allready traded for The Kraken before and you now have it on Lv 80 (which gives you 98.08% chance to insta kill 1 unit 23 times) you'd now have bot of them, and you might even wait a bit before moving on so you get a decent level on The Virgo Project.

Now with those preparations ready, you face against

Che Guerrero

in The Province of Rung Chien Dau
against his
1 Armored Car
1 Sniper
1 Conscript
1 Tank
1 Mechanized Artillery

the question I pose is - if there is a chance for both abilities to activate
will that leave Che Guerrero with:

• only 2 units (both abilities stack)
  • only 3 units (Missile Launch overwrites First Strike)
  • only 4 units (First Strike overwrites Missile Launch)
or is there a line in the code that only one can activate?
Someone from staff please clear that for us please.
Vrigo Project.... I just realised that they have changed the description to not include PvP..... So at the moment it is only good for attacking, and only good for attacking in GvG or GE. This bascially means that it is useless for about 90% of all battle work. I think that what they should of had, was a decreasing likelihood that you would kill up to 3 units of the enemy in defence or attack........

Attack --- 20% kill rate on 1st, 10% chance of kill on 2nd and 5% chance kill on 3rd...
Defense --- 10% kill rate on 1st, 5% chance of kill on 2nd and 2.5% chance kill on 3rd...

That way it wouldn't be useless for defense or attack.

Unless the new Guild Battlegrounds finds a BIG use for this GB, this GB is useless....

Emberguard

Legend
If it were a deceasing chance the specific percentages would take up too much space to expect it in the description. Especially if as you propose it’d be different for defence fights. So you’d have to be Ok with either not knowing the stats of the GB you’re building or relying on desktop to tell you in the panel that shows active effects for every individual battle (or use the wiki if it’s recorded there)

The other thing is having it at 10% for defence fights doesn’t change the issue. Anything that requires either never activating during use or not being built to be balanced isn’t balanced. It’s not the activation chance that caused a problem, it’s the sheer amount of 1-hit-knock-out’s that’s the issue. And if you nerf the PvP activation percentage too much theres no point in even including it in PvP given the limited chances.

Defence is already very limited in what you can build in comparison to attack. It’s also more expensive to set up and maintain due to GB ages + size.

If the Virgo was released with a defence only GB counterpart as the second GB chances are we wouldn’t of had a problem with Virgo. But there was no defence GB to counter Virgo, only a goods GB. So losing 4 units from Virgo before defence can attack is a big deal.