• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Spoiler Will The Virgo Project kill The Kraken?

• Thread starter DeletedUser116545
  • Start date

DeletedUser116545

Even do the
Space Age: Mars!
did not come out jet, I'm concerned about one of the new GBs introduced in this era. The GB in question being:

The Virgo Project

SAMGBRocket.png

This Great Building has the ability "Missile Launch", which gives you the chance to kill half of all enemy units at the start of a battle. Additionally, the building also produces coins for your city.

Since we did not jet see this building in action, I can not properly assume how the levels of chance this building will have. That being said, we can compare it to

The Kraken

the_kraken.png

The Kraken is a Great Building that comes with a skill: First Strike.
At the start of the next several fights, there is a chance a unit from the enemy's defense army will be killed immediately. This only applies to the first wave of a battle.
On top of the First Strike skill, The Kraken will also produce Forge Points.

The Virgo Project seem to be essentially a direct upgrade to The Kraken, seeing as how the ability "Missile Launch" allows you to delete 3 of opponent's 6 units,First Strike. while only deletes 1 of opponent's 6 units.

The question I propose is: Do they stack? Or one completely negates the other?

let me show you an example:

Let's assume you made a stop at the end of Modern era, waiting for space age: mars! to get released so you can trade forge points for goods needed for The Virgo Project, before you mode to PME. Since you allready traded for The Kraken before and you now have it on Lv 80 (which gives you 98.08% chance to insta kill 1 unit 23 times) you'd now have bot of them, and you might even wait a bit before moving on so you get a decent level on The Virgo Project.

Now with those preparations ready, you face against

Che Guerrero
in The Province of Rung Chien Dau
against his
1 Armored Car
1 Sniper
1 Conscript
1 Tank
1 Mechanized Artillery

the question I pose is - if there is a chance for both abilities to activate
will that leave Che Guerrero with:

• only 2 units (both abilities stack)
  • only 3 units (Missile Launch overwrites First Strike)
  • only 4 units (First Strike overwrites Missile Launch)
or is there a line in the code that only one can activate?
Someone from staff please clear that for us please.

Forwandert

Major-General
Some players on beta are trying their hardest to get the GB changed so there's not much point debating too much incase it gets heavily adjusted.

DeletedUser116545

EVER HEARD OF SPOILERS??????
the threat of space age was out for how long? honestly if people didn't see it till now, that's on them

however, so that I don't come out as complete egosentric ignorant person - I am not familiar with forums so I didn't know where to put it. besides it was moved to spoiler section

DeletedUser116545

Some players on beta are trying their hardest to get the GB changed so there's not much point debating too much incase it gets heavily adjusted.
if it gets adjusted for the better, then we all win. I'm worried about CURRENT state of the building.

ironically I have to defend myself for worrying about future GBs

DeletedUser116545

A full army is 8 units not 6

But, it will kill half the army - a good laugh will see it killing 1 out of 2 spearmen.

to be fair I used Che Guerrero's army as my example. and he only has 5 units in that wave

I'm assuming
  • 8 & 7 will go to 4,
  • 6 & 5 will go to 3,
  • 4 & 3 will go to 2
  • 2 will go to 1
  • and 1 won't be touched at all

do in case of only 2 units, if you also have kraken, and both GBs activate and one doesn't simply overwrite the other, there is a chance of killing the entire army just by marching on the field

DeletedUser116545

Kraken gives FP

so it will always be the favorite of players and Virgo never ever can kill it

I know, the tittle is click-bating

I'm worried about their battle based bonuses (Missile Launch and First Strike) overriting one another, instead of working in synergy

I.e.: enemy has 8 units. Missile Launch cuts them down to 4. then First Strike cuts them to 3.

that would be ideal scenario if they worked in synergy

DeletedUser113901

There would be no reason for them not to work together. The problem is if first strike goes off before missile launch. If it goes off after it then it should stack. Also they usually say it when something doesn't stack.

DeletedUser116545

There would be no reason for them not to work together. The problem is if first strike goes off before missile launch. If it goes off after it then it should stack. Also they usually say it when something doesn't stack.

Look, with all due respect, I'm someone who plays TF2, and valve barely ever communicates with us.

So you'll forgive me, if I'm panicking over two GBs with similar battle oriented effects, which could miss timing if they are not properly implemented.

If they correctly implement it, then we're fine, an the two together will erase over 50% of basically every army we fight against (once on proper level)

However, until the next era (space age) is launched, I'll be unsure

side note, the combination of kraken and virgo project on high enough level, can become real pain in PVP or GVG battles. for the defender I mean.

DeletedUser96901

can become real pain in PVP or GVG battles
in GvG it doesn't matter if you can do 5 (maybe 6) battles killing 5 units before the start
a player with high leveled GB can already win all battles there (and players with low level GB wouldn't level Virgo to a high level)

but in PvP it is true
a few 1000%+ unbeatable defenders will take a few losses

but how many times do you need to plunder neighbors that you normally can't beat to get back the 3000 goods and ten thousands of FP you need to get it to a high level

I will skip Virgo

DeletedUser113901

side note, the combination of kraken and virgo project on high enough level, can become real pain in PVP or GVG battles. for the defender I mean.
GvG: no impact at all
PvP: big impact
GE: small impact (to use on big encounters)
Map: huge impact

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser96901

PvP: big impact
true you can beat a few unbeatable neighbors daily

but at what costs?
3000 mars goods and ten thousands of FP

GE: small impact (to use on big encounters)
better spend the FP on other attack GB and get them high enough
then you don't need Virgo

I make my GE in VF each week in my main world with less than 10 losses in total with high enough GB :blush:

maybe if I want to get better then I could get them to 90's levels

Map: huge impact
only if you want to do the map ages higher than you are

I have done the whole map with normal leveled 3 attack GB (90%) on my side worlds
no problem there when doing it with units of the maps era

the truth is
people who could bring Virgo to a high level where it is useful don't need it because they have everything else high enough
and people who would need it can't bring it to something like level 60

DeletedUser116545

That's what I implied. Kraken will never get "killed" or replaced because it provides FPs opposed to Virgos coins. What's unclear here?

I see you've skipped my comment where I stated that the tittle "Will The Virgo Project kill The Kraken?" is click-bait

I'm worried if the two of them synergy, or if they overwrite one another

say I somehow get both Kraken and Virgo on LV 80 or something, and they have exact same chance to activate their military based effect (for Kraken I think its almost 100%)

since both would have such high chance, there would be like 99% chance they'd activate on the same attack.

So, which of the following happens:
  1. Virgo erases 4/8 units, and then Kraken erases 1/4 leaving my opponent with only 3 units
  2. Virgo erases 4/8 units, and Kraken doesn't activate because it mistimed, leaving opponent with 4 units
  3. Kraken erasing 1/8 units, and Virgo doesn't activate because it mistimed, leaving opponent with 7 units

DeletedUser96901

1. you will fight 3 units

say I somehow get both Kraken and Virgo on LV 80 or something, and they have exact same chance to activate their military based effect (for Kraken I think its almost 100%)
Virgo will end somewhere between 69-72% and 6 times