• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Will I suddenly advance to EMA if I complete the "Murderers!" bonus quest?

Andrew420

Major
If you guys won't believe that can happen at all, then your assurances that it won't happen again are not reasssuring. They are clearly based in theory, disregarding any conflicting facts
If it did happen its a bug ,If it is a bug and isnt corrected it could happen again
So you need to contact support and have them look at the game files
We cant tell you if there is a bug but we can (from experience) tell you its not intended
It would be great if somebody could say: " I did that Murderers! quest when I was in Iron Age, and it didn't trigger an advancement." That would be reassuring. That's the sort of thing I need to know, Hard facts, not a bunch of derisory suppositions
I did Murderers quest when I was in Iron Age and it didnt trigger me to age up

Don't worry. The Murderers! quest (or any other quest) will not make you age up. And that's not just a theory or my own assumption. It's a factual experience by myself and many other players.
If it happens, it's a bug, and you should report it immediately, with screenshots if possible.

Jaywalker59

Private
If it did happen its a bug ,If it is a bug and isnt corrected it could happen again
So you need to contact support and have them look at the game files
We cant tell you if there is a bug but we can (from experience) tell you its not intended

I did Murderers quest when I was in Iron Age and it didnt trigger me to age up
Thankyou. Andrew. And thank you, Klods, that's exactly the info I need :)

As for the bug, sorry, but by the time I knew for sure that it wasn't supposed to happen, it was too late to report it. I'd moved too far beyond that point. I do agree that i *should* have reported it, at the time.

Jaywalker59

Private
That's not a bug. Quests shows when triggered to be shown. You can have Recurring Quests and still trigger additional Side Quests. Recurring Quests only show if there's meant to be an additional quest and there's nothing else to fill that quest slot
Just to clear: I wasn't calling that a bug, just noting (in rather too much detail , perhaps) that I don't have a problem with losing the RQs, when advancing through the campaign map, which is anorther issue some others complained about. Since I haven't had that problem, and I've anvanced right to the end of the LMA map , I'm guessing that Inno fixed that issue?

But that was just an aside, not especially relevant to topic

Just to clear: I wasn't calling that a bug, just noting (in rather too much detail , perhaps) that I don't have a problem with losing the RQs, when advancing through the campaign map, which is anorther issue some others complained about. Since I haven't had that problem, and I've anvanced right to the end of the LMA map , I'm guessing that Inno fixed that issue?

But that was just an aside, not especially relevant to topic
We don't really "lose" the RQ's. On the contrary, you could maybe rather say, that we "lose" the Story/Side quests, because they get replaced by (temporary) RQ's, when we have solved them. We then get the Story/Side quests back, when their questlines are triggered by certain actions in the game (map progress e.g.).
Nothing has been fixed in that regard. It's how it's intended to be.

Depending on the era quests might get triggered based on tech and map progress I know parts of VF require you to reach a certain tech to start. Though I have had later era units and not increased in age having had OF units in FE and of course LMA getting INDA units. So no having advanced units doesn't advance age that however would be nice.