• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Wildlife Event 2023 Feedback Thread

Nidwin

Sergeant
This mini-game is still as addictive as it was during the first Wildlife Event. Depending on how the Eagle Mountain daily's fall, hopefully when I'm off or working from home, for my main I actually may add another 100€ or 2 as the greedy bastard I am. (already dropped 200€ to be prepared at all time for tickets)

It's a pity there isn't a 15+ goods lane but only blue attack, blue defense or 6fps ones. I've no interest in blue A/D and with already 3x22 Terracotta/lavender and 1x21 Pirate's-Hideout/fishermen's-peer I'm settled for FP's for the time being. As I wrote, pity but that's how it is.

Thumbs up from my side but I do hope we are going to keep a mix of time consuming mini-games and the more simplistic faster paste older events.

Nidwin alas Nid (RR100 Magus in another age)

Not quite sure why people are hating this game so much. With minimal thinking about how to eliminate the board pieces, you have quite a lot of control over the amount of points you gain, and thereby it's not that difficult to end up in the Top 5% and get the Panda Shrine Kit for free.

Yes, paws can be few and far between sometimes on the board; but again, you just gotta be careful with how you move the pieces and apply helpers. I already have 5 upgrade kits for the building, and with 12 more days to go, I'm pretty sure I could get the remaining 3 without much difficulty.

My only criticisms are:
  1. To have two Level 1 buildings in the inventory (one at the start, and the other after 100 paws) is a bit odd; an extra ticket instead would make a bit more sense to me.
  2. The building doesn't drop the "super building" fragments (which the Druid Hut did), so if you don't get into Top 5% of point gatherers or manage to collect all fragment kits by collecting paws, you're out of luck.
  3. Avatars as rewards are also kinda lame, and again, extra tickets instead would be a bit more welcome.
Otherwise, I quite like this mini-game, for the amount of control over the outcome that it gives, and for the fact that free tickets appear on their own every 8 hours (plus a daily one). Definitely more enjoyable to play in that regard than Halloween, Forge Bowl, and its other clones.

The building doesn't drop the "super building" fragments (which the Druid Hut did), so if you don't get into Top 5% of point gatherers or manage to collect all fragment kits by collecting paws, you're out of luck.
Just saw that at 260 paws, you get the Golden Panda Statue, which does drop the Panda Shrine fragments, so I'm taking it back.

Gooders99

Private
With 8 days to go I've realised that I'm not going to get remotely near being able to get the completed event building despite playing every day and maximising the number of tickets I get to use. This is the way of things now isn't it? It used to be that if you played regularly you stood a very good chance of getting a fully upgraded building out of it. Now it's becoming clear than you're only ever going to get them in future by spending lots of money.

Ashtro

Major
With 8 days to go I've realised that I'm not going to get remotely near being able to get the completed event building despite playing every day and maximising the number of tickets I get to use. This is the way of things now isn't it? It used to be that if you played regularly you stood a very good chance of getting a fully upgraded building out of it. Now it's becoming clear than you're only ever going to get them in future by spending lots of money.

From my experience, I do actually get the "last year" event building upgrades as "this year" special daily rewards from playing mini games. For instance, I have just completed the Animal Crossing from last year as I have been awarded with a lot of building upgrades from daily reward this year mini game. Therefore, it's fair to say that non-paying players can fully upgrade event buildings just a year behind. I hope that make sense. All the best.

Last edited:
Same, won't get level 9 let alone the full building unless I shell out. It's a shame the game has gone this way.

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
Some feedback:
1) Incidents give too few coins. Usually just 3, sometimes 5, and a single time I got 10 coins. Way too few, considering how rare this is and how many coins you need if you want to buy anything.

2) Avatars as reward for completing 30 quests and 40 quests is an insult. I would prefer NO reward over avatars. Whoever came up with this “reward” should be fired.

3) I absolutely HATE the randomness of the mini game! Here's a fine example:
FoE 24 moves left.png

I had ONE paw on the board, got it with the first move, and... that's it. I spent the next 24 moves always clearing as many pieces as possible and waiting for more paws, but got ZERO! Not a single one! I got multiple chests, but I don't care about that.

There's NOTHING I can do if the game refuses to give me more paws than what I start with! No matter how many moves I waste! This is really frustrating.

Main prize progress:
Mount Killmore
176/180

East-Nagach
217/220

A difference of 41 paws, thanks to randomness!

League points (at the time I started writing this post):
Mount Killmore
Hobby: 0
Trainee: 127,625
Apprentice: 225,325
Professional: 294,490
Zoologist: 407,995

My points: 244,115

East-Nagach
Trainee: 128,440
Apprentice: 225,700
Professional: 294,500
Zoologist: 410,945

My points: 277,550

~33,000 points of difference, again thanks to randomness.

I have spent more coins and used up more boosters in Mount Killmore, yet my results there are much worse due to bad luck and the overall worse boards I get there. It is clear I will not get a max level building in Mount Killmore, which has killed my interest in the event for that world. I still have some faint hope for East-Nagach.

Overall there's nothing worse than failing at an event due to randomness. That board with 24 moves left and no paws? It's just the latest example, but there have been multiple cases before it where I start with just 1 paw, get it, and then spend 20+ moves before I see another paw (at which point it is usually too late to get it).

As I can see, I'm not the only one who's disappointed with this event. I really liked it last year but this year it doesn't feel that fun at all. I'm doing all the quests and everything and I barely manage to get 65 coins a day. How are we supposed to progress at this rate? oh I see, we ought to spend real money to be allowed to play? is that it? Well sorry folks, you won't have mine. For the record, I also start and have min-games with no paws at all, I actually don't really care, as I'm usually aiming at the daily special. Although I usually manage to get all levels of the 'main' reward, I don't think I'll finish this one though. And yes, I totally agree, avatars as prizes instead of coins? what the ??

suethegreat

Captain
Some feedback:
1) Incidents give too few coins. Usually just 3, sometimes 5, and a single time I got 10 coins. Way too few, considering how rare this is and how many coins you need if you want to buy anything.

2) Avatars as reward for completing 30 quests and 40 quests is an insult. I would prefer NO reward over avatars. Whoever came up with this “reward” should be fired.

View attachment 24868
I had ONE paw on the board, got it with the first move, and... that's it. I spent the next 24 moves always clearing as many pieces as possible and waiting for more paws, but got ZERO! Not a single one! I got multiple chests, but I don't care about that.

There's NOTHING I can do if the game refuses to give me more paws than what I start with! No matter how many moves I waste! This is really frustrating.

Main prize progress:
Mount Killmore
176/180

East-Nagach
217/220

Mount Killmore

East-Nagach

I have spent more coins and used up more boosters in Mount Killmore, yet my results there are much worse due to bad luck and the overall worse boards I get there. It is clear I will not get a max level building in Mount Killmore, which has killed my interest in the event for that world. I still have some faint hope for East-Nagach.

Overall there's nothing worse than failing at an event due to randomness. That board with 24 moves left and no paws? It's just the latest example, but there have been multiple cases before it where I start with just 1 paw, get it, and then spend 20+ moves before I see another paw (at which point it is usually too late to get it).
Ditto just had one opening paw then nothing. (EDIT make that 2 boards) Not sure if preferable to having several paws poised and running out of boosts and goes and loathed to use diamonds without certainty they will even fall. Maybe at this stage the coding knows we are short on coin.

Last edited:

Deleted member 127677

I got to a point where out of frustration, I spent diamonds to get multiples of the daily special I wanted, and as a result have also ended up with two Panda Reserves. One has already been upgraded. The other I will upgrade at the end of the event since I will end up comfortably in zoo league. However, my initial impression of the event has not changed. The design of the questline, the questline rewards (avatars?!!!? but no upgrades?), the disproportionate cost of tools vs availability of coins, the rubbish content of boxes on the board unless you got the daily, all that remains. I really don’t like that we have been given several bases of the reserve before upgrades, this seems to be more evidence of poor design. I have also ended up with two panda statues so could end up with a couple of extra Panda Shrine kits, for buildings I cannot hope to complete. If this was all designed to make me spend money on the event pass and hence get those buildings, sorry, that failed, it made me even more determined not to pay for it since it feels like such a completely cynical attempt at forcing that. Not impressed.

Gooders99

Private
Some feedback:

View attachment 24868

Main prize progress:
Mount Killmore
176/180

East-Nagach
217/220

Mount Killmore

East-Nagach

You got 10 coins from an incident once? And 3? And 5? I play in two worlds and I have had only 1 coin in one of those worlds from an incident during the whole event!

BhaaluJi

Corporal
there used to be a time when diamond would be required for multiple grand prize bldgs. the greed has stooped so low now that a player needs to spend huge money just for one. combine this with the significant reduction in diamonds from GE and its very disheartening. established cities can ignore the event, but the newer cities need these main prizes.
lack of foresightedness will force more players to leave the originally beautiful game

BhaaluJi

Corporal
I got to a point where out of frustration, I spent diamonds to get multiples of the daily special I wanted, and as a result have also ended up with two Panda Reserves. One has already been upgraded. The other I will upgrade at the end of the event since I will end up comfortably in zoo league. However, my initial impression of the event has not changed. The design of the questline, the questline rewards (avatars?!!!? but no upgrades?), the disproportionate cost of tools vs availability of coins, the rubbish content of boxes on the board unless you got the daily, all that remains. I really don’t like that we have been given several bases of the reserve before upgrades, this seems to be more evidence of poor design. I have also ended up with two panda statues so could end up with a couple of extra Panda Shrine kits, for buildings I cannot hope to complete. If this was all designed to make me spend money on the event pass and hence get those buildings, sorry, that failed, it made me even more determined not to pay for it since it feels like such a completely cynical attempt at forcing that. Not impressed.
very cynical attempt indeed

Gooders99

Private
From my experience, I do actually get the "last year" event building upgrades as "this year" special daily rewards from playing mini games. For instance, I have just completed the Animal Crossing from last year as I have been awarded with a lot of building upgrades from daily reward this year mini game. Therefore, it's fair to say that non-paying players can fully upgrade event buildings just a year behind. I hope that make sense. All the best.
Thanks for the info, appreciate it.

But no, I won't wait a year to see if I can upgrade this years building. I will use my "store building" inventory (which is now huge thanks to fragments of it seemingly being the "reward" for everything these days) to dismantle my part-completed building and send it off to the Antique Dealer, like I do with all buildings that take too long or become impossible to complete.

Deleted member 127677

very cynical attempt indeed
Call me even more cynical but after I left my additional feedback to support about this, and drew attention to the lack of tickets and poor coin rewards in incidents, this morning I got coins and 2 tickets in incidents. Could also just be that we‘re getting close to the end of the event and these will become more frequent now to incentivise some extra spending. I’m ok overall with what I have got this event since I chose to spend dimes on it, but I suspect many others are not. With coming events apparently unashamedly going for pay cash for best result, I’m thinking this may have been the best spend of my dimes stash and now just kick back until something reasonable comes around again.

GADfan

Warrant Officer
While I personally have enjoyed this Event, I do think some of the changes made (e.g. avatars in the questline and no upgrade if the questline is completed) aren't good decisions.
I have no problem with waiting a year to complete a building or failing to get a full building through randomness or my own mistakes, but, in light of the many disillusioned players, perhaps Events just need to be made simpler again.

All players should be given a decent possibility to achieve a full Event building (without payment) through normal Event gameplay.
Extra currency/turns etc. can be bought as now.
An exclusive extra level/upgrade only available to those who pay cash for it. Once the Event finishes it's no longer available. Generates some income for Inno.

I have no problem with players who put money into the game having access to a better building than me.

All players should be given a decent possibility to achieve a full Event building (without payment) through normal Event gameplay.

Well, I've literally just collected my 280th paw, which means that I now have a fully upgraded Panda Reserve, with a Golden Panda building that in 150 days will give me enough fragments to upgrade the Panda Reserve to a Shrine. All via the game itself. Not a single cent or diamond has been spent. Sounds like a very fair gameplay in my book.

Just think carefully while removing pieces from the board, and be patient. That's all there is to it. Yes, sometimes you get no paws at all from the board, but sometimes you may get up to six or seven. The randomness of the board goes both ways.