• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Wildlife Event 2023 Feedback Thread

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
Hey there explorers, don your camouflage and polish your binoculars, we're off to the Wildlife Park again in this year's Wildlife Event! Read all about it here and post your feedback below!

Deleted member 127677

So far, so disappointing. The amount of event currency from quests is very poor and not commensurate with the cost of tools; at least in my case there has been no event currency or tickets in incidents; the drop rate has been poor for the boards I’ve done to keep ticket generation ticking over, this may be a fluke but will see: and the content of the boxes is also pretty meh unless you get the daily. I am comparing this also to last year when it was the best event for dailies.
Having said that, the grand prize is good and appreciate that it will be possible to get the golden upgrade from the main line prizes, but it seems pretty difficult, given how few coins you get and what it costs to get tools to finish boards. Maybe this is one way of forcing dime spend, or just poor design.

Unlucky Alf

Private
Agree with above. Normally about 2 thirds through there is an opportunity on the daily tasks to win more coins and hence buy more tools. Here, nothing. To have one ticket as one of the progress prizes was a bit of a letdown too.

Forwandert

Major-General
Event has decent dailies, the kind of things I want to play for but honestly hate this event game, I've tried twice now to play it but I avoid these types of games, never enjoyed them and that's the decent versions available on the market.

There's no point adding premium lines of items to events if the minigames are annoying, slow and take too long to play. That's how to drop your sales and fast. If I feel I wont get far enough to get a decent return on paying cash for something why bother paying or playing? This is also the 3rd event so far this year I don't want to play/won't be and we're only scraping 5 months in so it'll be interesting to see how many more have been adjusted or "improved" to the point of not being worth wasting time on for the rest of the year.

After so many years of playing every single event it feels like something has gone wrong to get to the point where of all the things I feel I need to drop due to how much time the game takes now the first I start to drop is the one that gives better rewards that GE/GBG etc and gives rewards I actually want, but the events are just unappealing now to the point its not worth my time. Especially when if you don't get the daily it's just really poor replacement rewards that aren't worth spending 10 seconds trying to win. Or your inventory gets filled with junk to the point you've been on 2hr AD sales to try and clear it.

Its a shame to see how the game and events have developed these last couple of years it's really gone downhill. Also a shame to see Inno manage to kill off yet another game.

PomPoms

Sergeant
I don’t mind the minigame itself…BUT…there is a definite lack of paws being spawned. When you know you need 3-4 paws per board to get the finished prize building, having only one show up at the start, and three more only drop at the top when you only have two moves left is very disheartening.
And I really don’t get why you make it so hard to buy the booster packs? You are basically at the end of the event before being able to afford the big pack - duh! Most boards need a booster to get the paws out, but there is no value for coins buying them singularly, and having extra turns also eats into saving up the coins to buy the big pack of boosters, so you spend nearly the whole event struggling, and getting frustrated about some paws being stuck, then when the event is almost over, you can buy the big pack, but run out of games to use them all on. How is this even slightly logical? I guess you only want diamond spenders to have fun huh? You are managing to suck the fun out of Forge of Empires at every turn lately.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
I don’t mind the minigame itself…BUT…there is a definite lack of paws being spawned. When you know you need 3-4 paws per board to get the finished prize building, having only one show up at the start, and three more only drop at the top when you only have two moves left is very disheartening.
And I really don’t get why you make it so hard to buy the booster packs? You are basically at the end of the event before being able to afford the big pack - duh! Most boards need a booster to get the paws out, but there is no value for coins buying them singularly, and having extra turns also eats into saving up the coins to buy the big pack of boosters, so you spend nearly the whole event struggling, and getting frustrated about some paws being stuck, then when the event is almost over, you can buy the big pack, but run out of games to use them all on. How is this even slightly logical? I guess you only want diamond spenders to have fun huh? You are managing to suck the fun out of Forge of Empires at every turn lately.
This is similar to the complaints that happened last year in this Event - although an additional complaint was numerous times a board opened with ZERO paws on it - so Inno made a change so that at least 1 Paw would be on the board to start.
The currency was a frustrating issue last year, and as we can see, is still an ongoing problem this year. Why even offer that big package, if most players can only obtain it in the last few days of the Event - thereby basically making the tools inefficient and even wasteful. At least there is a the small package that can be bought after a few days, and possibly bought a 2nd time near the end.
On the plus side - at least this particular matching game is not as miserable or time wasting as the Anniversary Event.

Zanzi the just 55

Master Corporal
Concerning a Quest ...I don't remember ever doing a quest anywhere that you MUST build a Goods building. There was always an "OR" and "EITHER" but never forced to build one of your age or 2 of the previous age. What the hell is going on. This minigame certainly sucks with almost no way of getting good prizes already and then to be forced to build a goods building??????????

Last edited by a moderator:

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
Concerning a Quest ...I don't remember ever doing a quest anywhere that you MUST build a Goods building. There was always an "OR" and "EITHER" but never forced to build one of your age or 2 of the previous age. What the hell is going on. This minigame certainly sucks with almost no way of getting good prizes already and then to be forced to build a goods building??????????
Just sell/delete the building as soon as you satisfied the quest. It doesn't really matter what building they require you to build, the whole challenge of it is keeping an open space in your city to build and sell all the stuff quests force you to build.

Not sure why a goods building is any more offensive than build culture buildings, or build houses, or build production buildings, or build decorations -- and there are always several of these types of quests in every event. You don't have to wait for it to build to satisfy these quests, they can be sold immediately.

New event is not very good....let's look at rewards....

At 0 pawprints and 100 pawprints you get event building level 1...so as support said...some players sell it at auction...but i would like to get max level....

Daily quest rewards for event gives 2 portraits and fragments for max event upgrade....so no help there to max building.....

League rewards...yep no upgrade for event building....

I am one of those pkayers that spend money on game....but with these rewards...even spending money will not get you event building at max...not even to mention the add ons....where to find the space?

I can see why many are quitting game....

HELLO INNO when are you going to start paying attention to your customers, you have ruined another event by trying to force people to spend money just to get through an event, and without spending, impossible to do so. Less rewards, less upgrades, less boosts to start, no way to earn decent amounts of coins to buy, having waaayyyy less paws available per board. Your greed shows more and more every day, event, upgrade. This is no longer about enjoying a game and being satisfied with”X” amount of profit, its lets ruin a long standing game to maximize profits now, and have nothing in little while… sad it’s coming to this, used to be a game to refer people to, now it’s about discouraging ….

Also NOBODY WANTS AN AVATAR AS REWARD IN PLACE OF COINS OR TICKETS !!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
HELLO INNO when are you going to start paying attention to your customers, you have ruined another event by trying to force people to spend money just to get through an event, and without spending, impossible to do so. Less rewards, less upgrades, less boosts to start, no way to earn decent amounts of coins to buy, having waaayyyy less paws available per board. Your greed shows more and more every day, event, upgrade. This is no longer about enjoying a game and being satisfied with”X” amount of profit, its lets ruin a long standing game to maximize profits now, and have nothing in little while… sad it’s coming to this, used to be a game to refer people to, now it’s about discouraging ….

Also NOBODY WANTS AN AVATAR AS REWARD IN PLACE OF COINS OR TICKETS !!!!!!
Don't forget the lack of space to put all these new buildings from this event. Would be great if there were fragments of an expansion as prizes seeing as the event building has others that you add to it.

medu2a

Private
This event sucks so much it made me to register to the forum :D I’m getting like 0-1 paws from most of the boards, usually one paw at the beginning and after that goes nothing for the rest of the clicks. Many boards start without any paws and they only appear on the top when my attempts are exhausted. Also what do we need for two compulsory portraits, two Panda Reserve lev.1, 30 fragments of upgrade of which we never get the rest. Amount of gained coins is ridiculous which means buying of packages is only possible towards end. If you start spending before that, you can only get like one hammer a day on average or so. I pitty those who spent money on extras and just hopelessly watching empty orderless playing board. What a waste of time.

nice2haveu

Corporal
It would have been interesting to add any one of wildlife event boosters in the daily challenge reward (any one from the 3 choices). Really no idea, why Dev's didn't include daily challenge as part of wildlife event.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
This event sucks so much it made me to register to the forum :D I’m getting like 0-1 paws from most of the boards, usually one paw at the beginning and after that goes nothing for the rest of the clicks. Many boards start without any paws and they only appear on the top when my attempts are exhausted. Also what do we need for two compulsory portraits, two Panda Reserve lev.1, 30 fragments of upgrade of which we never get the rest. Amount of gained coins is ridiculous which means buying of packages is only possible towards end. If you start spending before that, you can only get like one hammer a day on average or so. I pitty those who spent money on extras and just hopelessly watching empty orderless playing board. What a waste of time.
Are you certain you have started ANY boards with zero paws? All boards were supposed to be fixed (from last year), to start with at least one paw (even though as you are suggesting, no others may appear by the time you have used up your moves).
As for fragments, you get them also as Grand Prizes, as well as the Golden Panda Statue (grade prize after collecting 500 paws - doubtful most FTP players will obtain this one). Regardless, the Level 9 building most of us will receive, is definitely still a decent building.

medu2a

Private
Are you certain you have started ANY boards with zero paws? All boards were supposed to be fixed (from last year), to start with at least one paw (even though as you are suggesting, no others may appear by the time you have used up your moves).
As for fragments, you get them also as Grand Prizes, as well as the Golden Panda Statue (grade prize after collecting 500 paws - doubtful most FTP players will obtain this one). Regardless, the Level 9 building most of us will receive, is definitely still a decent building.
100% positive, every now and then no paws at all

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Then you should take a screenshot, showing no Paws and that you have not taken any moves yet, and send that to Inno support - or send that as a bug report on here (so the CM can see it and forward to proper person).

kp2000

Private
Second or third event in a row that sucks? I've lost count. Boards that don't match block in a couple of clicks and tickets just wasted.
It seems that new policy on events is a non getting a prize unless it is a paid one.
Losing interest is widely discussed on threads if you haven't got the message. Sad.