• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Wildlife Event 2022 Feedback Thread

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
Hey everyone, get ready for another walk on the wild side! Read all about our Wildlife event here, and post your feedback below!

Suggestions -

Please make the event mini-game playable all year round...Honestly, it's a pretty fun game and i'd play a couple rounds of it just for fun each day

If not possible, then please make it playable for Non-beta players a week or so before the event goes live...So we can get some practice rounds in

Please change every single other mini-game from other events to this type of mini-game from the wildlife event...The wildlife mini game is miles better because it at least requires and rewards you for being skilful/good at the game

"Games" like the ones we are made to play during archaeology or Halloween event are absolute garbage...It is largely based on luck with little to no skill involved...There is nothing more frustrating that being forced to play a game where every thing depends solely on RNG

You could easily just change the icons from the wildlife mini game to make it compatible with events...Instead of paws etc, you could change it to pumpkins for Halloween event or a shovel etc for archaeology event

Suggestions -

Please make the event mini-game playable all year round...Honestly, it's a pretty fun game and i'd play a couple rounds of it just for fun each day

If not possible, then please make it playable for Non-beta players a week or so before the event goes live...So we can get some practice rounds in

Please change every single other mini-game from other events to this type of mini-game from the wildlife event...The wildlife mini game is miles better because it at least requires and rewards you for being skilful/good at the game

"Games" like the ones we are made to play during archaeology or Halloween event are absolute garbage...It is largely based on luck with little to no skill involved...There is nothing more frustrating that being forced to play a game where every thing depends solely on RNG

You could easily just change the icons from the wildlife mini game to make it compatible with events...Instead of paws etc, you could change it to pumpkins for Halloween event or a shovel etc for archaeology event
Yes, completely agree, one of the best minigames because it requires a bit of brain skills. Much better than all the luck based mini games like the fortune wheel e.g.
Would like to see minigames that require a bit of motoric skill in the arcade style of pac-man, space invaders, pinball, mario etc...

I find the mini game hard to play due to bad vision and being color blind so I will only do the event in one city as it takes me longer to play the mini game

Havik79

Corporal
I have some feedback, in future please hire someone to pay ATTENTION to the event.

In order to move on in the questline, I have to gather 624 because nobody thought to check if there was a quest to collect 624 goods or do 2 fights in GE when GE has finished.

Trylmand

Private
Event booster prices seem totally unaligned with event quest winnings - you get 10 wf coins for a quest but the price of a booster ranges from 55 wf (one hammer) to 1230 (large packet) - in example the bonus for quest 25 is 120 wf coins, this means that it is not possible to earn the price of a large booster packet throughout the game. Same goes for diamond use, 150 diamonds only gives you 100 wf coins.

Havik79

Corporal
Event booster prices seem totally unaligned with event quest winnings - you get 10 wf coins for a quest but the price of a booster ranges from 55 wf (one hammer) to 1230 (large packet) - in example the bonus for quest 25 is 120 wf coins, this means that it is not possible to earn the price of a large booster packet throughout the game. Same goes for diamond use, 150 diamonds only gives you 100 wf coins.

Part of the problem is they nerfed the coin rewards from last year, but did not change the boosts.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
I have some feedback, in future please hire someone to pay ATTENTION to the event.

In order to move on in the questline, I have to gather 624 because nobody thought to check if there was a quest to collect 624 goods or do 2 fights in GE when GE has finished.
Nobody said or even suggested, that you have to do ALL the quests on Day 1 of the release. Next GE will be out soon - and you can do the 2 GE fights then. As with everything in FoE, this game is not a sprint or race, slow down and things work as intended.

Yes I agree with Trylmand, it's impossible to get enough coins to purchase the boosts and when you end up with a line of chests and paw prints the only thing you can do is start over.
Also, winning one army member and 2 forge points just isn't worth it.... even the particular event building isn't very good. The first daily prize - the Mountain Reserve, I would definitely try to collect, but I don't think I'm going to bother for the Animal Crossing...
My favourite event so far is the archaeology and this is by far my least favourite. I'm not a football fan but the soccer prizes were great - these are nowhere near as good as the expedition and gvg etc. so I'll stick to those.

Guys I'm sorry but i dont like the minigame because i never was a fan of candy crush or things like that but indeed is good for getting your brain to work a little! And because without boosters sometimes is un-doable in my opinion, and the boosters are extremely expensive, i mean 65 coins for more moves is understandable but 55 coins for a single hammer, i mean come on is a little exagerated . And worst of all wtf u get just 120 coins all along the event for finishing 25 quests and only 10 coins per mission ??? the prizes are not worth at all, the event building is weak this time. Although i love the theme itself please keep it for the next year too <3. Make the raccoons the main characters of the event please ! <3

Jubilee

Private
Yep And the Mini game is virtually unplayable without a boost at times. I have played these kinds of games for decades. These drop down match the colours games were popular before the match 3. The old Candy Crush has a few levels where you have to get acorns to the bottom (which was probably the inspiration for this game). I have taken my time & find that often at the bottom there are obstructions & NOT enough moves to get them released to get the paws or the treasure chests out. I have had several games unable to do either & there are NOT enough coins available to even buy a single boost let alone a package. I am playing it & getting whatever but no hope of getting a good amount of levels of the special prize but at least I now have 3 Menageries (will try & squeeze one in if I can & off to the Auction for the rest). I would probably have more luck buying the Wildlife Special prizes in the Antiques Bldg than winning them.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
I was completely against this style of game last year when it came out, and this year still finding much 'uggg' for it. I am doing it generally, but not wasting spending any special time on it, as it is just too much of a hassle the way it has been designed (i.e. costs of tools) as well as the frustration this kind of game creates (do not need blood pressure spiking). Definitely not wasting any coins on additional 10 turns. I will see if I can get the big tool package near the end, if not, just buy the 2nd one - or buy nothing - by the time I have the coins, I may already be too irritated to care about this Event anymore.

when i run out of moves the screen asking if i want to end the level or continue needs to be able to be closed, its hard to know if 10 moves will make a difference when i cant see the board
How about you take a look at the board BEFORE the "Out of moves" window blocks the view and plan ahead if you want to continue or quit?

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
How about you take a look at the board BEFORE the "Out of moves" window blocks the view and plan ahead if you want to continue or quit?
I can kind of sympathize/agree with what Joe is saying. A couple times now, trying to create a big chain, I was paying more attention to the blocks then to the # of moves left - and each time that stupid window popped up, I could not recall if I wanted to continue or start over - so basically its "ahh screw it", stupid event anyways, and just start another game, or start another one later. Too many parts of this game/event are too frustrating and not worth the bother.

I can kind of sympathize/agree with what Joe is saying. A couple times now, trying to create a big chain, I was paying more attention to the blocks then to the # of moves left - and each time that stupid window popped up, I could not recall if I wanted to continue or start over - so basically its "ahh screw it", stupid event anyways, and just start another game, or start another one later. Too many parts of this game/event are too frustrating and not worth the bother.
Well, yeah, you have to pay attention to how many moves you have left - and plan ahead.
I like it. One of the best mini games in my opinion. But I'm one of those rare nuts who also enjoy the St. Patrick mini game :lol:

This is hands down the most unbalanced event of the year and there are a ton off issues with it. Yes, the idea of the mini-game is fine, but this needs a ton of work. Quests don't give enough coins to ever purchase the most efficient set of boosters, even if you save coins for the entire event. That is broken. The coin ratio is off by a factor of 10x and should be fixed similar to the archeology event (where tokens actually matter). What is the point of 10 coins ... come on. More pressing, I have played six gameboards where either one, or ZERO paws show up the entire time in the 25 given moves. That's really poor design mechanics, and makes it impossible to progress. No amount of 'thoughtful move planning' matters when there is nothing to plan for. This Wildlife event was broken last year and it is disappointing to see that nothing was fixed over the last year. Hope you get this fixed for next year. There is a lot to do.

I have played six gameboards where either one, or ZERO paws show up the entire time in the 25 given moves
I think last year they claimed that at least ONE paw should show up on each board. Don't know if that is true. But I haven't seen a board with zero paws yet this year. I think on average I get maybe 4-5 paws per board.