• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Wildlife Event 2021 - Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

TheGreatFinger

Warrant Officer
fun board.png
fun board 2.png

Once you get 2 eagles secured, it's no longer a matching game. It's 5 in line! And I just won :P

r21r

Major-General
@breadgita i do spend money sometimes, trying to avoid it lately though because i do not support all the new changes , will always spend my little something though... not that they need my few bucks, but as long as i play and enjoy, i feel the need to give something back.

As for the event, i do not make the numbers finger is making, i make something around 1~2k per week, but this event was not tempting for me to spend my diamonds, maybe because i have not that many yet ?
for sure it was not my personal favourite so i invested the minimum i could..

ps - made 3/4 worlds the max building.. the iron age one, is little indifferent for such % per tile

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
@breadgita i do spend money sometimes, trying to avoid it lately though because i do not support all the new changes , will always spend my little something though... not that they need my few bucks, but as long as i play and enjoy, i feel the need to give something back.

As for the event, i do not make the numbers finger is making, i make something around 1~2k per week, but this event was not tempting for me to spend my diamonds, maybe because i have not that many yet ?
for sure it was not my personal favourite so i invested the minimum i could..

ps - made 3/4 worlds the max building.. the iron age one, is little indifferent for such % per tile
Halloween seems like the 'best' event for money spending IMHO.
Will be even more so this year as they *should* be adding House of Horrors upgrades to the daily specials. ;)

r21r

Major-General
Halloween seems like the 'best' event for money spending IMHO.
Will be even more so this year as they *should* be adding House of Horrors upgrades to the daily specials. ;)
depends what era you play.. for CE that i am, house of horrors is bad actually..
Cherries or Wheats way better, with no road connection..

i think bowl i will be spending few bucks again, maybe spring too who knows

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
At least one good thing about this event, this time every year I'll have an event to skip and take a break from the game, so thank you event for helping me play FoE less :)

And please let us skip boards even with moves left, its boring enough going for the random good daily I got with having 11 moves left I wish I could skip and remove and start a new board without them

Zontan

Private
Quest is acquire sectors or defeat some units (3 and 48 for me respectively) - on the day GE and GbG are over. (Apologies to my neighbours)

At least it's not complete 22 24-hour productions xD

Last edited by a moderator:

Zontan

Private
Using boosters aren't counted as moves; it'd be great if we could continue with a board when out of moves - sometimes you have to pop the block (which may well be your last move) before using the hammer

Sledgie

Private
New to the game so i cannot compare previous events with this one. In my opinion it was good. It needed some thought to make the most of what was available on the board. It involved strategy so there was a feeling of achievement and it gave rewards that have accelerated my progress. Overall i am happy with it and hope it gets repeated. Reading the comments in this thread it shows the game developers can't please everyone all the time.

Depends how you want to spend your wildlife coins. Use them to extend your moves allowance (play on) or save them to buy packs of the three boosts.
Personally my tactic is to drop the paws rather than to create large groups of blocks for the reward chests, so when there's no chance of getting any more paws I end the level
Hi, how do you just 'end the level'?
Surely you have to just play to the end?

Any Empire

Sergeant
Just copying what I wrote on another forum

This event is maybe not enjoyable for some/most players, but it is fair. Personally, I like it, but I enjoy strategy games. I appreciated the effort by inno to try something new.

It's much like Backgammon: there’s an element of luck, but use of a good strategy increases the number of Paws you can win, especially over multiple boards. It is very feasible to get a fully leveled building, with no diamonds. Even those struggling at first had a real chance to catch up and win enough Paws to get a free, fully leveled event building.

NB: I've played a bit under 3 years, virtually daily, on 3 servers (EN, Beta, USA). Nowhere near a FOE expert, but over that time, IMHO, Inno largely plays it fair. Yes, they’ve made a couple of bone-headed decisions, what company doesn’t? But as F2P, they give a lot so that those not paying can still get almost everything a P2P player can, if on a slower pace. Pretty darn good.

Well, after playing since Brisgard was a new world, I've finally found an event that I disliked so much, I won't have finished it on any of my 12 (13 if you count Beta) worlds. I'm normally not to shabby at strategy games, but without spending thousands of diamonds, I won't get anywhere near topping off level on any world. In most I have - and this is 4 hours before the event ends - 2 or 3 upgrades. This is partly my fault - I avoided doing the blocks much of the time as I thoroughly disliked doing that sort of puzzle. The Eagle reserve is very attractive, but not enough for me to waste any more time on the event. One just hopes that this will not be repeated in the future.

Janet Devlin

Corporal
In most I have - and this is 4 hours before the event ends - 2 or 3 upgrades. This is partly my fault - I avoided doing the blocks much of the time as I thoroughly disliked doing that sort of puzzle. The Eagle reserve is very attractive, but not enough for me to waste any more time on the event. One just hopes that this will not be repeated in the future.
I would prefer never seeing that game again. I felt exactly the same way as Madelina. I don't really like doing that kind of puzzle game. I found it frustrating. After planning a strategy that might bring good results a whole line would change causing all my planning to go up in smoke. I noticed when I received another ticket I would grimace in dread rather than be pleasantly delighted by the purposed outcome. I wanted the game to end not continue.

What do you do when you feel so conflicted? No one is forcing me to play the event inside FOE. Yet I do like the prizes. I ended up with bear mountain and love the little cubs running around the mother. Do appreciate the work that goes into these events. :)I understand some people like these kinds of puzzle games. Wildlife puzzle game was just not my cup of tea. Glad this event is over and looking forward to the next event.

I don't really like doing that kind of puzzle game. I found it frustrating. After planning a strategy that might bring good results a whole line would change causing all my planning to go up in smoke. I noticed when I received another ticket I would grimace in dread rather than be pleasantly delighted by the purposed outcome. I wanted the game to end not continue.

I agree with you on this event, that event just was not my cup of tea at all. I don't like puzzle games, never been into them, even on facebook I absolutely hated them. I do appreciate the work FOE puts into these events. Not complaining though, won a menagerie in the puzzle game, and over a 100 forge points.

If they bring back this event, it needs changing in some way, the daily coins allowance was not high enough, etc etc etc.

Janet Devlin

Corporal
Ah yeah, the next event, the summer event, with the extremely exciting, fun and challenging spinning wheel mini game.
sounds interesting. Is it like a 1970's Hemi Cuda with spinning wheels? I might like the summer event if it doesn't make me overthink too much. I think!:lol:

Fine Theodore said, quote: "Since joining FOE I was delighted when they instantly made me their EDITOR AND CHIEF."
:blush:
Thanks for quoting me Theodore and the like on my reply too but, well, humm not sure how to say this, would you mind please editing your comment because gee-wizard sale-a-ma-goo ; I don't recall writing that quote the way it is written.:rolleyes:

"I don't really like doing that kind of puzzle game. I found it frustrating. After planning a strategy that might bring good results a whole line would change causing all my planning to go up in smoke. I noticed when I received another ticket I would grimace in dread rather than be pleasantly delighted by the purposed outcome. I wanted the game to end not continue.

I agree with you on this event, that event just was not my cup of tea at all. I don't like puzzle games, never been into them, even on facebook I absolutely hated them. I do appreciate the work FOE puts into these events. Not complaining though, won a menagerie in the puzzle game, and over a 100 forge points.

If they bring back this event, it needs changing in some way, the daily coins allowance was not high enough, etc etc etc." - by Theodore