• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Wildlife Event 2021 - Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date
Why have you changed these events, making them unfair to new players, or those who started in another world? Any event SINCE the new Event Hub.

With the quests, you have replaced a crucial upgrade kit with an unnecessary addition to this event hub. The Event hub addition should be added anyway, once you complete the quests, NOT as a reward.

The mini game is also unfair! With events before the hub, we won an upgrade kit every other time. Now we have to collect 2 Grand Prizes in between each upgrade kit.

As a result, my building will be 1 upgrade short of the max. Of course, I’m not the only person affected. Congratulations on making this game worse and less fun to play.

I think you owe everyone an upgrade as an apology!

If you play in Beta, you know that after Wildlife Event we had the Summer one, which was normal. It is evident that WE has left all the players so dissatisfied that they are still complaining in Beta of what happened on live servers.
Now, we must wait Summer Event and see what surprises brings for live servers. If the unfair play situations are repeated, maybe we should play only in Beta, which would be a time saving 8-)8-)8-)

Do not give up, there are still 6 days and maybe you can achieve what you need. :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Hot damn - that's a fine pay out. :)
Just out of curiosity, are you working through the grand prize rotation for the 2nd time now?
No, I wish I was. Haven't had much time for this event, probably "lost" a week's worth of tickets. Oh well, finish it next year.

Havik79

Corporal
How do you work out how much diamonds a second will cost, I saw some calculator on youtube but made no sense to me.

All I know is I have 1 upgrade, and 13/20 for paws on the level 1 grand prize, and it seems to me with today's daily now would be the time to buy more tickets, although I foolishly bought 2k coins twice.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
If you play in Beta, you know that after Wildlife Event we had the Summer one, which was normal. It is evident that WE has left all the players so dissatisfied that they are still complaining in Beta of what happened on live servers.
Now, we must wait Summer Event and see what surprises brings for live servers. If the unfair play situations are repeated, maybe we should play only in Beta, which would be a time saving 8-)8-)8-)

Do not give up, there are still 6 days and maybe you can achieve what you need. :)
Beta players are just sour that the Live version isn't giving out 2 'free' fully leveled buildings. :P

The event was far too generous and needed some serious nerfing. I'll fully admit that I also was one of the ones who believed initially that the devs had gone too far, but after having played through it, it feels like they got the balance about right...
I've won a metric gak ton of Sentinels + upgrades, and I will happily make my standard goal of completing 1 fully leveled building AND gaining a 2nd Lv1 building via the grand prizes. (...for 0 dias spent obviously!)

Honestly, I don't see how it's in any way reasonable to demand more than that as a FtP player...
If all goes well, I'll have a shiny new Eagle Mountain and a Lv2-3 Reserve I can leave in my inventory until next year's event and/or the upgrades show up in the AD.

Edit: I'll also add that I absolutely LOVE the fact that the ticket bar has extra space beyond the daily regenerating tickets!! (ie: ticket bar maxes @4 tickets, but we regen them only every 8hrs)

Please keep this mind in future events that use tickets or similar features - ie: Soccer Cup!!
Making it easier to manage the ticket bar without it maxing out and stopping the free regens is a god send and makes playing the event itself far more enjoyable & much easier to manage overall. :)

r21r

Major-General
How do you work out how much diamonds a second will cost, I saw some calculator on youtube but made no sense to me.
as average is ~12.500 diamonds for most events (without having extra upgrades in inventory)
i'd say, if you have half the upgrades needed, then half of 12.500..

might be more or less for this event, because it has not "standart" ponds to cross etc.. depends on the paws you gonna find and the tool you might need or not.

r21r

Major-General
The event was far too generous and needed some serious nerfing. I'll fully admit that I also was one of the ones who believed initially that the devs had gone too far, but after having played through it, it feels like they got the balance about right...
makes no sense they would release an event on a world where diamonds are being sold (beta for example) without testing..

i won plenty things, spent 1000 diamonds of my stock , but i personaly prefer the older events from this minigame, maybe i'd enjoy more a different minigame..
they could increase the number of moves and make the paws needed more for future referance, 25 moves are too little, well, maybe thats why "mini" game lol

TheGreatFinger

Warrant Officer
25 moves is exactly what's needed to wreak pretty much any board beyond repair :) Given you can extend it if you got a lucky draw (and careful with what you pop), 25 as base moves number is probably ideal. All in all, I'd say minigame itself is okay, with 2 serious problems.
First, it's too time consuming. Second, it's a goddamn matching game.. you can't make a breath on the internet without getting an ad for one of those, come on, why of all the minigames it has to be matching?

P.S. Looks like I'm getting 2 eagles with 6000 (or was it 8400?) diamonds spent, both K and S. That's not bad, if only it took less time.

@r21r, @TheGreatFinger,

Have you really bought the number of diamonds you are telling in your messages? :o:o:o
It's in-be-lie-va-ble!!!
Well, everyone wins everything paying for it. The real skill is to get the prizes without paying for them.
I play FoE since August 2012. 9 years playing with only my ability as fuel.
Now, I understand why boards without paws are sent to those who don't buy diamonds and the defense to the death of this injustice by diamond buyers. :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

GADfan

Warrant Officer
25 moves is exactly what's needed to wreak pretty much any board beyond repair :) Given you can extend it if you got a lucky draw (and careful with what you pop), 25 as base moves number is probably ideal. All in all, I'd say minigame itself is okay, with 2 serious problems.
First, it's too time consuming. Second, it's a goddamn matching game.. you can't make a breath on the internet without getting an ad for one of those, come on, why of all the minigames it has to be matching?

P.S. Looks like I'm getting 2 eagles with 6000 (or was it 8400?) diamonds spent, both K and S. That's not bad, if only it took less time.
Actually it's all those diamonds for ONE eagle since you could've got one without paying anything.

TheGreatFinger

Warrant Officer
Actually it's all those diamonds for ONE eagle since you could've got one without paying anything.
That's incorrect. I'd gotten one plus some (3?) upgrades without diamonds. So either as I wrote, stating full amount spent vs full amount received. Or, if you want to be nerdymeticulous, we need to count how many upgrades exactly have those diamonds got me.

TheGreatFinger

Warrant Officer
Have you really bought the number of diamonds you are telling in your messages?
Of course not. I got mine from diamond farms, about 1k per day. I mostly use them to get second prize in events, given this prize is good, like here. Or go all in during halloween, it traditionally hosts best prizes.

Sunny24

Private
The candy crush saga - or as you call it, the wildlife event - is so boring, it's dull, it's unimaginative and it shows that your developers have obviously run out of ideas.
apart from that, it's so obviously centered on people buying diamonds that any FUN in gameplay is just sucked away. even though I understand this is a business for someone, please understand that players would also like to have fun while playing this. there are a lot of elements that suck the fun out of this game, and this event is no different. clicking on stupid colored squares for minutes on end? I really have better things to do with my time. thank you very much.

I have never played candy crush saga and I don't intend to play it in this game either.

Sunny24

Private
Just hope that whoever came up with the poor idea of using this kind of boring game for an event, does not decide it would be a good idea to use in a future settlement (i.e. market game).

indeed. but I have stopped playing settlements too, so I don't really care. I've been playing this game probably from the start more or less, but it's less and less enjoyable. I just stay because I don't want to crush my cities :(

The candy crush saga - or as you call it, the wildlife event - is so boring, it's dull, it's unimaginative and it shows that your developers have obviously run out of ideas.
apart from that, it's so obviously centered on people buying diamonds that any FUN in gameplay is just sucked away. even though I understand this is a business for someone, please understand that players would also like to have fun while playing this. there are a lot of elements that suck the fun out of this game, and this event is no different. clicking on stupid colored squares for minutes on end? I really have better things to do with my time. thank you very much.

I have never played candy crush saga and I don't intend to play it in this game either.
Just hope that whoever came up with the poor idea of using this kind of boring game for an event, does not decide it would be a good idea to use in a future settlement (i.e. market game).
I enjoy the mini game. It's fun and challenging, and the main prize is easy to achieve without spending diamonds. I hope they'll bring back this or similar mini games in future events.

Last edited:

Roqi

Private
How nice to have so many MRU's for a Grand Prize. I can't sell them at the market, thanks. I won't be able to use them either. Just garbage

RegV

Corporal
How nice to have so many MRU's for a Grand Prize. I can't sell them at the market, thanks. I won't be able to use them either. Just garbage
@Roqi : You can sell them. Go into inventory, check the padlock on the top right. Then find the MRU's and uncheck the padlock under them. Then you can sell them in the AD.

@Inno : For whatever reason, people don't get the padlock thing. We see these complaints in every event since you started locking new things by default (which I think was a good change). I think you need to find a way to make this a bit more discoverable. Not sure how, but it seems like a thing that needs fixing.

For whatever reason, people don't get the padlock thing. We see these complaints in every event since you started locking new things by default (which I think was a good change). I think you need to find a way to make this a bit more discoverable. Not sure how, but it seems like a thing that needs fixing.
Indeed. Explained this to a lot of players, who didn't understand why they couldn't sell their event buildings/upgrades.
- Why can't I sell it? It's locked. How do I unlock it? The padlock is greyed out.