• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Wildlife Event 2021 - Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date
Don't spend the coins on anything, just collect them to get the tools.
Be patient.

Sorry for my English.

Yeah but that's the same as saying don't bother to play the event and waste your tickets for days until you get a big pack.
Sorry but I don't think Inno intended that, if they want to save face they should fix it by adding a zero on the quest rewards and all incidents or simply reduce the cost of a big pack.

currently, on the 4th day out of 22 days, I only lack one upgrade for the grand prize.
You must have had a very lucky run of paws, most players are still waiting to save up coins for a big pack with one upgrade unless you use diamonds which is all Inno wants.
I have never failed or complained about the other events but this is the worst by far.
I'm done now thank you.

r21r

Major-General
i've been spending coins normaly, won't go after the "big pack" im 1-2 paws away from the 2nd upgrade, so i am missing only 1 to make the building full.
17 days to go, i think i will make it, if not, got enough diamonds to save it, but i dont think it will happen.

maybe if you want to "maximize" or get a 2nd max building would be good strategy

suethegreat

Captain
One 'feature' is if you run out of goes and were close to getting a paw when the option to pay to continue you cant see the board to make the decision if worth it unless an excellent memory. Lots of boards with no paws and others only possible with tools. Shame they didn't put tools in some chest prizes. Usual posts about how close players are to a max main building is down to luck (or secret diamond spend) and doesn't help the paupers with no luck lol.

Yeah but that's the same as saying don't bother to play the event and waste your tickets for days until you get a big pack.
Sorry but I don't think Inno intended that, if they want to save face they should fix it by adding a zero on the quest rewards and all incidents or simply reduce the cost of a big pack.

No matter what Inno wants, you must develop your own strategy. They are not going to change anything, they have already done the necessary tests in the Beta.
Don't spend coins does not mean that you are not playing. You spend 3 or 4 tickets a day, you get some paws for it and you make a little progress every day. 17 days left

Well, you can do whatever you want, I only make suggestions.
Be lucky!

GADfan

Warrant Officer
This event requires that you don't let your mind get clouded with side details, or give up on misfortune.
Don't look at the chests, they shouldn't exist for you. Only paws are our goal and if you don't get any with a ticket, don't worry, it happens to everyone until we get the big pack of tools. Don't spend the coins on anything, just collect them to get the tools.
Be patient.

Sorry for my English.
Hmmm, I have to partially disagree with this.
I'm also playing the boards by trying to prioritise the paws but have also been actively creating chest blocks (depending on the prize) and buying single tools if it's to my advantage as well, and I have 5 upgrades, well on the way to getting a 6th and will hopefully get the 7th before the end.

I don't believe I've had an abundance of paws, either.
But, if I have paws close to dropping at the end of 25 moves I'll use coins to continue the level or buy a tool to get them, rather than waste the board.
It seems to work.
I've had many no-paw/ one-paw boards where I concentrated on chests instead.

I also use tickets up as soon as I have them and make sure I don't lose out on the free ones every 8 hours.

I still believe the event could be less clunky and more entertaining but it is just about do-able.

GADfan

Warrant Officer
Everyone's style of play can be different but these are a few tips I've got from playing the Event so far in case it can help anyone else:

Use tickets up as you get them so that you continually get free ones every 8 hours.

Study the board and decide how you're going to play it (go for paws or make chests (you might REALLY want the daily prize))

Look for any moves nearer the top of the board that can benefit you later on

When creating a chest, the block you click becomes the chest so look for the most useful block to click on

Try to line up chests and paws directly on top of (or next to) each other so that when they get to the bottom only one move is needed to drop the lot

At the end of 25 moves, if you have worthy paws/chests available within 10 extra moves then spend wildlife coins to extend your moves

Similarly, in the same situation, buy a tool to get the prizes rather than waste the board and the work you've put in on it

If paws are non-existent then concentrate on chests. The ticket has been spent on the board anyway so you might as well play it.
5 stars is the max for chests so don't create a huge string of blocks and turn it into one 5 star chest if you can split it into two.
This gives you two chances at the daily prize rather than one.

One thing is certain - only a few percentage will acquire the fully leveled bldg. Without Diamonds - the bulk of us Will go without.
With only 1-3 paws per board and far less chances of bringing those few down, it will elude Most of us in getting the 180 paws(LOL) needed to get 3 upgrades - there isn't enough tickets to complete the task without diamonds.

r21r

Major-General
it's not only 1-3, if you pop big chains more appear.
i'm 60 paws away from 3rd upgrade, say that the 300 diamonds i spent gave me 20 paws (less but just say) 80 paws left.
15 days x3 tickets each = 45.
won't i make 2 paws per "map" ?
plus incidents, plus quests ?

someone said, 1.5 paw per map is needed to max out the building, i think it's correct

Any Empire

Sergeant
You are the second person to suggest something similar, wait until you have saved 1230 coins for the big pack which takes days at only 10 coins a quest or 3 coins a lucky incident (even with the x2 200 & 40 coin daily boosts)
So how on earth do you play the game in the meantime without using a single tool?
I average 2+ Paws a game in 3 worlds, and have not used any tools. Below's a screen shot showing how a good starting board can be played fairly well. Luck starts off the board, but then you’ve 25 moves to be strategic. I ended up with 5 chests and 3 Paws after 16 moves, and a total 4 Paws and 13 chests after 25 moves.

Basic approach:
  • Always start by focusing only on getting paws
  • Remember that chest contents are rubbish.
  • Their real utility is when you use creation of chests strategically; i.e. as a tool.
    • Creating chests help line up other blocks, as the blocks to build the chest are removed. Can be used a bit like a multi-whack hammer
    • Carefully placing the created chest can also help line up colored blocs.
    • And, similar to a mini-lightening tool, creating a chest helps remove a whole bunch of the same-colored blocks.

No tools, just careful playing.jpg

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
This event requires that you don't let your mind get clouded with side details, or give up on misfortune.
Don't look at the chests, they shouldn't exist for you. Only paws are our goal and if you don't get any with a ticket, don't worry, it happens to everyone until we get the big pack of tools. Don't spend the coins on anything, just collect them to get the tools.
Be patient.

Sorry for my English.

IE the event is terrible and designed extremely badly

Any Empire

Sergeant
Not at all.
Play every day, use up tickets to keep 2 or less in the bar.
If 1 game yields only 1 paw, the next may give 3. You still keep earning Paws. Just ignore the chest contents, and think of chest creation as a tool to help get Paws.
And once you save up enough coins for a large tool set, you'll already have learnt how to win the most Paws from each game without tools. That means you should be able to use the tools carefully, and get a lot more Paws when you get those really good game boards.

Any Empire

Sergeant
usually agree with you, but in this case I feel it's a decent event. Yeah, it's got the typically mediocre chests but which event doesn't?
It does have a really, really nice event building.
And compared to the first time the St Paddy's event rolled out, this one is a lot less confusing and more forgiving of early mistakes.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Agreed, it was terribly designed. And the one overall factor that seems to be missing - fun - no fun with this Event at all. Even if do get a fully levelled Event Building by the time it is over, the fact that there was nothing about this game/puzzle that was fun at all, is a big factor as to why this event is so bad.

Agreed, it was terribly designed. And the one overall factor that seems to be missing - fun - no fun with this Event at all. Even if do get a fully levelled Event Building by the time it is over, the fact that there was nothing about this game/puzzle that was fun at all, is a big factor as to why this event is so bad.
I like this little puzzle game and I'm having FUN with it. Even if I don't get the grand prize (unlikely), I don't feel, that I've wasted my time, because I've spent it on something enjoyable.
But that's a matter of taste, of course. Some like this mini game, others hate it.