• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Fixed: Wiki : incorrect and confusing statements on Store Building

There is no specific page on Store Building. Instead, it is covered on this page, in the FAQ:
https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=FAQ#Can_I_store_buildings_in_the_inventory.3F

official wiki said:
Can I store buildings in the inventory?
Unfortunately, you can not move buildings that you don’t need in your city to your inventory. However, buildings that you obtain as a reward during special events will be stored in your inventory until you place them in your city. Additionally, if you win the 'Store Building' item during events it will allow you to return a single event building to your Inventory.

This starts out with an incorrect statement, which is invalidated by the third sentence.
Moreover, the second sentence is inaccurate because - as far as I know - you can only store special buildings and there is no way to know if a regular building was gained as a reward or not.

My suggested correction:

All buildings won as a prize (by, for example, completing events, certain Guild Expedition encounters or by some Daily Challenges) are initially stored in your Inventory and can be built in your city from there. Only certain special buildings, which are not normally available on the Build menu, can be placed back in your Inventory once in your city. For each building put back into your Inventory, you must have a 'Store Building' item. These items are gained in the same way as buildings won as a prize.

Last edited:

DeletedUser6065

Remember, you cannot store RogueHides nor WishWells. (Why this is so has never been satisfactorily explained).

. . . mk

DeletedUser6065

I've just tested store building and both rogue hideouts and wishing wells had the little box icon above them?
O.K. - a change that I didn't notice. Good news, as I want to store some of my RogueHides (at one time we also could not store the Checkmate. That too is now changed, I see).

Here is the last link about this issue that I recall: (it also mentions Watchfire and Victory Tower as non-storable).
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...well-event-building-or-not.32975/#post-213145

. . . . mk

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser111351

Still, the implication that not all special buildings can be stored is probably worth keeping, if only for any future omission.
If it is true that some can and some can't be stored (of special buildings), the statement still should not be placed there in a generic form and provided as information. It is effectively answering the question as "maybe", which is a useless answer. It should either specify exactly which buildings can and which can not be stored, or needs to contain a reference link to a place that has such a list.

DeletedUser110195

My suggested correction:

All buildings won as a prize (by, for example, completing events, certain Guild Expedition encounters or by some Daily Challenges) are initially stored in your Inventory and can be built in your city from there. Only certain special buildings, which are not normally available on the Build menu, can be placed back in your Inventory once in your city. For each building put back into your Inventory, you must have a 'Store Building' item. These items are gained in the same way as buildings won as a prize.
That last bit isn't showing all the ways you can get store building, Some GE end-of-leg chests and either gold or jade relics, can give you store building, so perhaps it should be amended to show that as well.

If it is true that some can and some can't be stored (of special buildings), the statement still should not be placed there in a generic form and provided as information. It is effectively answering the question as "maybe", which is a useless answer. It should either specify exactly which buildings can and which can not be stored, or needs to contain a reference link to a place that has such a list.
If this was a seperate section on Store Building, I would agree. However, this is a paragrapgh tucked into a FAQ and it is inappropriate to go into all the depth. I will be expanding the fan wiki, which has a specific page on Store Building.

Edit: Having looked at that entry - and without knowledge of exactly which special buidlings can and can't be stored - I don't see any improvement to make.
That last bit isn't showing all the ways you can get store building, Some GE end-of-leg chests and either gold or jade relics, can give you store building, so perhaps it should be amended to show that as well.
Do you have a suggestion of wording? I have made a suggestion which is a great improvement over what is there. Feel free to refine it.

DeletedUser111351

If this was a seperate section on Store Building, I would agree. However, this is a paragrapgh tucked into a FAQ and it is inappropriate to go into all the depth.
That's why I said, or include a reference link to a more detailed answer. Pointing to an answer is fine. Only partially answering the question without giving a clue how to get the full answer should be avoided if possible.

Amy Steele

General
Thanks folks! We've forwarded this for consideration for a change to more clear wording, though we cannot say what the end result might be