• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Why people complain about attack and plunder

DeletedUser14186

Greetings Reader,

I wonder why people keep complaining if they can't beat back people who attack and plundered them? Maybe because they are being late in technology in the same ERA's? or Maybe people who got better units and technology plays the game more than 8-16 hours than those people who complains that they have been plundered and they will never stop because they are enjoying the game PvP features.

Yes has the a guild system which can assists you for trades, Polish/Motivate your building and doing some guild activities. But it doesn't mean they have control on your neighborhood agendas. People now are Clustered with the same ERA's although there are some cases that people also get into the cluster with late one ERA but almost on the last Technology of that ERA.

Is it Ban-able offense if you attack/plunder same people everyday?

I receive a lot of hate message from them but I always reply first with Greetings (name of hater),.. and my closing words are always Good day, (my name) and ask them for a negotiation. Some of them agreed some of them not. Those who doesn't agreed, well I still Attacked and plundered everyday. but those who agreed, I added them as a friend and Polish/Motivate them everyday. Is negotiation to make friends and Peace are bullying?

Well yes, on the negotiation process for peace there are always demand and agreement that should be agreed by both parties in order for a negotiation to succeed. But some people doesn't like that. They all want to asked you stop attack and plunder them and just cursed you. In the first Place, I always have advantages because I am the one who got Better units and Building buffs I guess. but to Order me to stop attacking them free and like nothing happens was never the ideal solution for me, because I spent lot of hours in playing the game and I want to maximize the opportunity of getting Goods aside from my City.

Yes, They spent gold,supplies and waited 4,8,24,48 hours just to complete their good production. Isn't it their obligation to protect their city from attackers like me? I will not add them as a friend freely because I benefit a lot from plundering them, So I asked for a little exchange like Forge Points for my Great Buildings and I will add them as a Friend and polish/motivate their building everyday. But it seems they don't like my negotiation demands and they just curse at me and some of them reported me. For now I don't have an idea it entering negotiation is ban-able offense in this game. I don't treat them like a bot, I always replied to them with respect and dignity but they doesn't seems to realize what really going on in the game. or maybe its my fault to have better units and strategy in playing the game perhaps.

Some of them asked the help of their guild leaders but I always replied its not a guild problem and its only a neighborhood disputes and they can't attack/plunder me because we are in different neighborhood and AGE. Some of their leader threatened me that they will attacked/plundered my other guild mates whose also in their neighborhood and advance ERA from me. I just told them that its not my problem because whether I have guild or not I will still attack/Plunder people in my neighborhood who isn't in my friend's list.

I know its now long long story, but isn't it playing PvP aggressively is part of the strategy to dominate the game. Yes friend and guild are essential in the game but isn't it entering negotiation aka diplomacy are important if you want to make peace in this warring game? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you for reading.

Lord of Castle Black City, Tsirk

DeletedUser99588

Is it Ban-able offense if you attack/plunder same people everyday?

No.

Is negotiation to make friends and Peace are bullying?

No.

I know its now long long story, but isn't it playing PvP aggressively is part of the strategy to dominate the game. Yes friend and guild are essential in the game but isn't it entering negotiation aka diplomacy are important if you want to make peace in this warring game?

If your guild members are being attacked and plundered due to your actions then they may not want you in the guild. You also need to remember that as you progress you will be moved into different neighbourhoods where you will become the prey. If you have made enemies of a number of guilds and they get the opportunity to attack you regularly then it could hinder your progress.

DeletedUser14186

If your guild members are being attacked and plundered due to your actions then they may not want you in the guild. You also need to remember that as you progress you will be moved into different neighbourhoods where you will become the prey. If you have made enemies of a number of guilds and they get the opportunity to attack you regularly then it could hinder your progress.

With or without guild, I will still continuing attack/plunder people in my neighborhood. If they been attacked because of me its not really my fault, why their city defense is weaker than their opponent. Its a player responsibility to protect their city. And about what guild says on me, I already asked them my ways and style playing the game and if its bothering for them, feel free to kicked me out, I just find more aggressive guild whose looking for aggressive player. And Yes I remember that as I progress I will be moved in different neighborhood and that is why I am taking my time to stay as much as possible in the ERA that I am currently in to max out the level the Great Buildings with Offense and Defense buff and particular GB which giving free goods. So If I enter new ERA I am not afraid to be attacked by other who is stronger. Making enemies are easy/ making friends with benefits is hard and making your strategy in the game was far enough hard, because it will consume a lot of hours/days/weeks/months to do it. And maybe I'll be afraid of them if game allows all guild members of my enemy can attack me anytime and anywhere but its not. Attacks and Plunder only happens in the neighborhood where we belongs.

DeletedUser99445

Hi tsirk, There are various way to play but the best way of all, is to play in the style that gives you the most enjoyment.
You may even find that the style you enjoy the most changes over time and even reverts back later.

DeletedUser5180

Hi tsirk, There are various way to play but the best way of all, is to play in the style that gives you the most enjoyment.
You may even find that the style you enjoy the most changes over time and even reverts back later.

a very good comment here from gate2,

there is no set way to play, some attack and plunder those that are are equal to them, some plunder anyone no matter their score.

some are happy just with points for pvp but will plunder if there is no defense as it makes up for a loss in pvp points (but on the opposite side some plunder to recoup losses for units they lose in battle)

as i say, everyone plays their own style and in a way they feel comfortable with......i wish those that moan about being plundered would accept its part of the game, there is enough options within the collect times to find a pattern to suit 99% of most players. recently i read here of a player moaning that he was losing 48 hr collections cause he didn't log in while on the go with an ipad which was the most ridiculous post i've read here in 2 years of being part of this game / community lol

happy plundering, (it happens to me and i do it back) all part of the game as far as i'm concerned.

DeletedUser653

Hi tsirk,
for the first 7 months of this game till GB started giving out more medals a week then you could win from every tower I think I plundered all 80 odd players daily. I suspect I should have taken your route and offered a negotiation. I had almost no need for any goods buildings as I go the lot from plundering and even kept a spreadsheet of who was open to plundering, what time I had previously got goods (people always had a pattern) and what time I could attack again. PVP and medal towers were my #1 objective and of course that meant lots of good plundering :)

Very aggressive game style but pretty safe from attack as I had nothing to steal.

I support your actions, say good luck and enjoy the game.

DeletedUser15432

Well, on the subject of plundering, I plunder but only if the goods/coins/supplies are left lying about when I visit the city after beating the garrison and I have done this all the way through, I also produce goods of my own

On some days I have plundered over 200 goods from my neighbourhood

DeletedUser14186

You guys are awesome, you really know how to play and understand the game concept, I wonder why there are some people doesn't understand the concept of PvP in a certain game like these.

I badly needed goods, thats why I plunder a lot, I am still at High Middle Age and I have no idea how goods I will needed to complete my Alcatraz, I Already collected the 9 BP but the Goods are kinda hard to collect due to advance ERA from mine. Well just for my strategy Yes I am focus to get medals and #1 in Iron Age, Early Middle Age, and High Middle Age(My current ERA)

DeletedUser96867

My biggest issue is with those players who attack and plunder other players every day who are 2-3 ages back with no real way to defend themselves. It certainly can take the fun out of the game for the other players especially when you can get stuck in a hood for 6+ months. Sure they have options in terms of the production cycle length but, if all you are doing is setting runs at 24hrs to reduce/prevent plundering it greatly reduced your rate of advancement and gaming options. If in the early stages of the game you get into the routine of just logging in for a few minutes at the same time every day to collect your 24hr runs i think many players will soon get bored and quit the game.

I know of and have seen a number of players shut down cities and wait until they get moved to a new hood before resuming play due to constant plundering. Personally i see no need to plunder other players, and so i don't.

DeletedUser653

fischh, i agree with your issue over 3 ages difference, thats a problem with the hoods

DeletedUser99445

It is detrimental to a players game when he is plundered by players that are three ages above him/her but the silver lining is GB Blueprints to be had that would be difficult to find in a hood of the same age.
Better to be plundered by players three ages above than live in a hood of plunderers in the same age.
Every Cloud Comes With It's Very Own Silver Lining.

DeletedUser1081

The situation is that a Certain Type of Player likes to insist "this is a war game" but it's not. This is a city-building game with some battle-type aspects that let players trample on weaker players without fear of retribution. For a subclass of that Certain Type of Player this is the main attraction of the game, and that's why they're here and not playing a real war game, where there would be severe handicaps if they attacked weaker players, and a real threat of serious retribution. The ones who do that here are like the neighbourhood kids who used to ram their tricycles through little girls' dollhouses and insist they should like it - it's a war-dollhouse! Whee :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser99588

The ones who do that here are like the neighbourhood kids who used to ram their tricycles through little girls' dollhouses and insist they should like it - it's a war-dollhouse!

Lol you sure grew up in a tough neighbourhood :p

DeletedUser653

Mink,
While I am sure there are players like that most of the players in my hoods which attack me look like the attack all players weak or strong for the PVP points and yes some of them plunder some do not. The problem is not that they attack and plunder but that there is someone 3 ages or more in the same hood. You would not be complaining if they could only plunder people in the same age (not suggesting this).

DeletedUser1081

Mink,
While I am sure there are players like that most of the players in my hoods which attack me look like the attack all players weak or strong for the PVP points and yes some of them plunder some do not. The problem is not that they attack and plunder but that there is someone 3 ages or more in the same hood. You would not be complaining if they could only plunder people in the same age (not suggesting this).

Right, I would not. (I don't get what you mean by "not suggesting this", though - why not?)

I'm not complaining now either - simply observing. And I did say right away that I'm referring to a Certain Type of Player, not the majority. I believe the majority realizes this is not a war game.

It's also my observation that virtually no one complains about players who attack just for PvP points, since that does no one any harm (unless someone is hogging all the towers, which used to happen more often than it does now).

DeletedUser99445

With so little to do in your city on a daily basis but so many people to fight in your hood and fight in GvG then its hard to quantify that this is NoT a War Game.
While it was debateable pre GvG, it looks predominantly like a War Game now.

DeletedUser1081

I disagree. The phase when GvG dominated the game is past. And even when GvG dominated it wasn't much of a war game - just hitting autopilot over and over. :rolleyes:

Anyway merely having targets to shoot at doesn't make something a war game, any more than a neighbourhood tennis tournament is a war game.

Now that I mention it a neighbourhood tennis tournament would be a lot more like a war game than FoE is.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5180

With so little to do in your city on a daily basis but so many people to fight in your hood and fight in GvG then its hard to quantify that this is NoT a War Game.
While it was debateable pre GvG, it looks predominantly like a War Game now.

agreed, especially for players who have completed the tech tree and map and have decent level great buildings, supplies / houses don't need much collecting and players prob don't even need the gold or supplies anyway.......

all that's left apart from the social aspect is to fight, that's why the many flaws in gvg and INNO's reluctance to fix them is so disappointing

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
....any more than a neighbourhood tennis tournament is a war game.

The last time I played tennis I played against a single opponent and we both used tennis rackets. I have no recollection of longbow archers, bazooka teams, tanks, snipers etc. appearing and making use of available terrain to annihilate my opponent. I guess tennis must have changed a lot since I last played......

DeletedUser99445

I disagree. The phase when GvG dominated the game is past. And even when GvG dominated it wasn't much of a war game - just hitting autopilot over and over. :rolleyes:

Anyway merely having targets to shoot at doesn't make something a war game, any more than a neighbourhood tennis tournament is a war game.

Now that I mention it a neighbourhood tennis tournament would be a lot more like a war game than FoE is.

If GvG domination is over then why is there constant arguments about GvG from players and guilds FIGHTING in GvG?
Hitting the auto is just a tiny part of it. There is a war raging every day (not for much longer I suspect) in GvG.
It most certainly isn't just having targets to shoot at.
The game is filled with Allied Guilds and Enemy Guilds. Friends and Foe. Fighting for dominance and to protect their territories.
Its a WAR! and most of us enjoy being part of it even if we don't all agree on the way it's conducted.