• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Why is it so important for Inno to push us ahead into ages we are not ready for ?

DeletedUser105544

Hi HRC.
You are right "i want all the GBs" and "spindly GBs" are more clearly connected, but I would point out that that is true only if you move up in age before you want to go up.
Now I WANT all the GBs ;) and I want them to have a height where they ARE the city. as an example instead of residences you can achieve the same population and income with GBs like the Capitol, You can get your happiness form buildings like Alcatraz and the Lotus Temple, etc. etc.
It needs balancing in all kinds of ways, but my "Ideal" city is one that have ZERO residences, ZERO workshops producing supplies and ZERO Cultural buildings. I believe it is a valid goal to set. Dont you? Oh,
It will have Goods producing buildings even though those too can be made unnecessary with an Innovation Tower built high enough, But there was no innovation Tower when I started so that is the goal I set. If you want me to change it you are going to have to argue your case :D.

I'm trying to build a city like that. Only GBs and military, no residences/goods/supplies/cultural buildings. in next month or two it will be done I hope.
Cheers! :D

DeletedUser103339

The one thing I find hard to do with the events coming so often is scouting and taking provinces, which is becoming impossible to fight for them or getting the goods. my city can't advance fast enough to do this. My continental map is getting way ahead of me. Could we have events that don't require taking sectors?

DeletedUser97166

The one thing I find hard to do with the events coming so often is scouting and taking provinces, which is becoming impossible to fight for them or getting the goods. my city can't advance fast enough to do this. My continental map is getting way ahead of me. Could we have events that don't require taking sectors?
Please bare in mind that events are optional, you are not required to take part if you do not wish to.
Saying that you may want to work on catching your tech up to your map, obviously you have gotten too far ahead which is never a good option for the very reasons you have stated here.

DeletedUser96901

please keep in mind:
research and map are main part of the game

tell me other games where you don't play the main parts and then complain that you have disadvantages in other parts :rolleyes:

and btw:
if you only do research and map when demanded in the events you could do twice the amount of events and still have no problems :lol:

DeletedUser11899

I always gave my priority to the tech tree instead of advancing on the campaign map
On one of my worlds I'm about to reach Tomorrow era but I've conquered only the first four provinces of Contemporary era campaign map.
The market and/or a strategic bunch of friends are making the rest so they're providing me those advanced goods which I need but cant produce yet for unlocking more advanced techs.
Next week I'll be on Tomorrow era and I'll start to grab TE era troops because of the summer wheels.
Therefore I wont have any kind of trouble to complete those scouting infiltrate, negotiate or fighting quests. When I reach the last CE provinces those CE troops will be a candy for my stealth tanks and I can always use 50 diamonds to complete a scouting quest if I'm late.
This way of playing is letting me to choose always to do or not to do an event and eveytime I dont play an event is not for being unable to do it or by strategic issues

The worst thing about this? well, I'm ranked #55 in my hood surrounded by Artic, Future and Tomorrow age players who I'm unable to attack them so far because of the awful hood merge system, a design fault that the new dev team has no idea how to fix, improve or redesign it, maybe Anwar (RIP) would have already done if he were with us.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser109385

Inno only cares about filling their own pockets, the whole point of making the game hard is not because it's "meant to have a lot of strategy in it" but because they want you to buy diamonds at high prices to make the game easier for you:(

DeletedUser5180

Inno only cares about filling their own pockets, the whole point of making the game hard is not because it's "meant to have a lot of strategy in it" but because they want you to buy diamonds at high prices to make the game easier for you:(
many top ranked players never buy diamonds.

what defines hard anyway.? this is a slow paced game with a multitude of strategies / tactics / ways to play with no definitive right / wrong / hard or easy way

DeletedUser12400

Anwars death?
The only game designer who earned my respect who actually cared for the game and was visiting this forum to read stuff and after his death the stuff went wrong. I don't know if it all went the same way or not and we will never know but at preset ex game designer Peer Kroger become quest designer and now we have 2 new game designers who are making nice youtube videos but doesn't seem to pay much attention to their community and fixing serious issues.

DeletedUser109385

The only game designer who earned my respect who actually cared for the game and was visiting this forum to read stuff and after his death the stuff went wrong. I don't know if it all went the same way or not and we will never know but at preset ex game designer Peer Kroger become quest designer and now we have 2 new game designers who are making nice youtube videos but doesn't seem to pay much attention to their community and fixing serious issues.
That's really sad to hear:( was Anwars one of the game designers of this game because I never heard of him and when did he die and for how much time was he active for this game?

DeletedUser12400

That's really sad to hear:( was Anwars one of the game designers of this game because I never heard of him and when did he die and for how much time was he active for this game?
Anwar was the best that this game had and they made memorial event for him which they didn't even mention on main page in event section:mad: ..and after that they started to launch these mini events.

http://www.gamesauce.biz/2015/09/04/anwar-dalati-the-crucial-question-is-why-casual-connect-video/

Hero's Tale Memorial Questline (In Memory of Anwar Dalati 1974 - 2015)
http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/heros-tale.30193/

It was the best of times, it was the worst of time, it was the age of barbarism, the epoch of belief. And unto this, a child was born by the name of An-War. Neither son of a king nor a god, fate had still chosen a unique path for the child. Let a humble chronicler tell thee of his saga....​