• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Why is it so hard to win battles on FOE?

• Thread starter DeletedUser113113
  • Start date

DeletedUser113113

I know this just doesnt happen to me, but why is it that every time in battle to gain a new province, The opposing side always gets more moves than me? like for example, Ive just been in a battle and when I wanted to use my mounted horse archers I could only use 1 then the opposing side was allowed to move all 4 of theirs and attack? surely this isnt fair am i right guys?

DeletedUser112892

I know this just doesnt happen to me, but why is it that every time in battle to gain a new province, The opposing side always gets more moves than me? like for example, Ive just been in a battle and when I wanted to use my mounted horse archers I could only use 1 then the opposing side was allowed to move all 4 of theirs and attack? surely this isnt fair am i right guys?
RNG isn't on your side?

DeletedUser114563

I find that by attacking with your most efficient troop, for me the "Sub Cruiser" does it a lot of times in the most difficult 2 waves of defense and adding 7 rogues to it, you normally ( very regularly ) land only loosing 1 rogue in the first attack and then you have a fair chance of defeating the second wave of defense with 1 cruiser + 6 rogues :)

DeletedUser112892

I find that by attacking with your most efficient troop, for me the "Sub Cruiser" does it a lot of times in the most difficult 2 waves of defense and adding 7 rogues to it, you normally ( very regularly ) land only loosing 1 rogue in the first attack and then you have a fair chance of defeating the second wave of defense with 1 cruiser + 6 rogues :)
I am in HMA. In most cases I use 1 heavy+7 rogues layout. In 2 wave battles in 80% cases 0 unit loses :)

DeletedUser114563

Wait until you get into the "Oceanic Future" and then you'll see how tough it really gets with the combination of troops they come up, it's virtually impossible not to loose at least 1 troop in the 1st round of attacks.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
The real question is, why are you even fighting the campaign map battles?!

Save your troops for GE & win lots of cool stuff. (...and also an insufferable amount of coins/supplies too, but hey, at least there's also free units, fp's & diamonds to be had?!)
Just negotiate the main map since coins & supplies aren't worth the lives of your units. :)

DeletedUser114563

Negotiating takes up a lot goods per sector ( that how it is in my 4 games ) so I only negotiate where I have high amounts of goods available to negotiate otherwise I fight like I mentioned above.

DeletedUser110531

The real question is, why are you even fighting the campaign map battles?!

Save your troops for GE & win lots of cool stuff. (...and also an insufferable amount of coins/supplies too, but hey, at least there's also free units, fp's & diamonds to be had?!)
Just negotiate the main map since coins & supplies aren't worth the lives of your units. :)

Some people choose to play differently, some like to attack others like to negotiate. Personally I like to attack since I need my goods for research, and it fits with my ruthless empress play style :P

DeletedUser112892

Some people choose to play differently, some like to attack others like to negotiate. Personally I like to attack since I need my goods for research, and it fits with my ruthless empress play style :P
But admit, if you are playing continent map beyond your age, you prefer negotiating :)

Emberguard

Legend
Personally there's little reason to negotiate. If you're playing on your own age and have some attack/defence bonus then the lives of your troops can have minimal casualties, sometimes no casualties at all (in and upto colonial age at least where I am upto)

While you may believe you get better use of supplies/coins from negotiating then losing troops, have you done the math?
In colonial age clicking on a sector now I see I'll need 50 copper, 35 silk, 45 glass.
80 per copper = 50x80 = 4,000 coins, 4,0000 supplies
160 per glass = 45x160 = 7,200 coins, 7,200 supplies
320 per silk = 35x320 = 11,200 coins, 11,200 supplies

Total: 22,400 supplies + 22,400 supplies (44,800 combined cost)

Now troops. This province will require heavy units
760x8 = 6.080 coins

Other units have similar cost in either supplies, coins or both
So you could negotiate, but you're paying 7 times more in goods then you are in coins and supplies (at least for colonial age)

DeletedUser112892

Personally there's little reason to negotiate. If you're playing on your own age and have some attack/defence bonus then the lives of your troops can have minimal casualties, sometimes no casualties at all (in and upto colonial age at least where I am upto)

While you may believe you get better use of supplies/coins from negotiating then losing troops, have you done the math?
In colonial age clicking on a sector now I see I'll need 50 copper, 35 silk, 45 glass.

760x8 = 6.080 coins

So you could negotiate, but you're paying 7 times more in goods then you are in coins and supplies (at least for colonial age)
In your own age continental map fight is absolutely normal. But when you fight on continental map beyond your age, negotiating is better. However, I don't spend coins and supplies on goods. Two words, CF, RQ :D

Emberguard

Legend
Yeah totally wouldn't be fighting above my age on the map

However if you do fight above, dynamic tower is your friend. That and buy a small amount (10-20) of oceanic goods and trade down. This'll give you upto 16.8k goods (bronze) for each oceanic good you buy. The closer in age difference the less goods you'll gain, but early on at least it'll help enormously

DeletedUser112892

Yeah totally wouldn't be fighting above my age on the map

However if you do fight above, dynamic tower is your friend. That and buy a small amount (10-20) of oceanic goods and trade down. This'll give you upto 16.8k goods (bronze) for each oceanic good you buy. The closer in age difference the less goods you'll gain, but early on at least it'll help enormously
Agree, I don't have DT yet, but I usually buy 60 FE goods from my guildmate and then I downtrade it down to LMA and, when I accidentaly don't have enough HMA goods, I downtrade once more.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General

760x8 = 6.080 coins

Well, with CF + RQ's, I'm now at 15.2mil coin & 15.1mil supplies in only HMA... ;)

I'd rather spend my troops on GE where Rogues actually work, vs. the continent map where they're rather neutered.
Usually I take no losses on GE, as I'll just tavern boost + negotiate encounters that would cost me troops, and goods are a non-issue.

I only hit up the main map anyways when the big events call for it as well, so forging ahead is kept in check...
still have 1 more HMA province left to me, but then I'll be pushed into LMA provinces. :(
(fingers crossed that the Summer event quest line has alts for everything just like the current Soccer Cup event!)

DeletedUser112892

Well, with CF + RQ's, I'm now at 15.2mil coin & 15.1mil supplies in only HMA... ;)

I'd rather spend my troops on GE where Rogues actually work, vs. the continent map where they're rather neutered.
Usually I take no losses on GE, as I'll just tavern boost + negotiate encounters that would cost me troops, and goods are a non-issue.

I only hit up the main map anyways when the big events call for it as well, so forging ahead is kept in check...
still have 1 more HMA province left to me, but then I'll be pushed into LMA provinces. :(
(fingers crossed that the Summer event quest line has alts for everything just like the current Soccer Cup event!)
You are in HMA? My man!
IIn Summer Event there will be ships to build, nothing really special imo.