• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Why is Forge of Empires the worst game ever?

DeletedUser110480

so start your own guild then - you can run it how you like
I did start 2 guilds , one in FD and the other in Dinegu..Guild → EnerGy....Trade fair within the guild according to foe.twister.com..Use the shield for trading..Most guilds don't use that shield..The game-makers develop this shield for a reason..If the guild doesn't have enough goods for GE then we only fight one level or collect the desired goods for GE as the members wish..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110480

Vicmor, I think you exagerate quite a bit. I have been in six guilds. In all of them, I got far more support than I gave. Only in one did the guild leaders act in the way you describe: Dragonboru on Korch. And, even there, they were generally more helpful than harmful. They did seem to think that new players are crap, however, and that only they have the proper strategy.

Also The Collective in Korch is a very bad guild..The others are maybe less bad than The Collective, but still bad, stubborn and selfish..Look at my parrots, how they are flirting..They are so kind to each other and that it should be in a guild..

DeletedUser108179

Wanted to ask for some opinions here too - in respect of the overall development of the game, Inno's direction. Main issue is that likely the ARC hype has killed much if not all for GvG, everyone only on the Arcs and swaps. For the game itself you feel like you need a million clicks a day to cope ... 2x for each tavern visit, all aiding, now 2x for all these apple trees, until done not much time doing anything else, not talking about messages too .. and I hardly get few minutes to hop into GE too.
I have a feeling the game develops in direction Farmville .. the more you click the better it will be, hence gets boring. Any tactical skills and strategies have diminished to a below 10% requirement, else is just spend time enough clicking everything. That should be a fighting game - sorry - my ... hmm ...

DeletedUser110195

Wanted to ask for some opinions here too - in respect of the overall development of the game, Inno's direction. Main issue is that likely the ARC hype has killed much if not all for GvG, everyone only on the Arcs and swaps. For the game itself you feel like you need a million clicks a day to cope ... 2x for each tavern visit, all aiding, now 2x for all these apple trees, until done not much time doing anything else, not talking about messages too .. and I hardly get few minutes to hop into GE too.
I have a feeling the game develops in direction Farmville .. the more you click the better it will be, hence gets boring. Any tactical skills and strategies have diminished to a below 10% requirement, else is just spend time enough clicking everything. That should be a fighting game - sorry - my ... hmm ...
FoE is a hybrid, it doesn't focus on fighting or farming. Inno has a purely fighting game, Tribal Wars, while they have a purely farming game, Elvenar. There's something for everyone who enjoys strategy games. If FoE has too much of the farming element, perhaps Tribal Wars is the place for you.

DeletedUser

FoE is an irritating game because there are a lot of dishonest players who can be very mean ..They cheat and steal like hell..At swap deals they don't behave like a gentleman or a lady..I let them win the first reward and they don't let me win..They think that they are smart but dishonesty will influence your personal life very badly.. I feel really very sorrow for these kind of people..FoE is just a game and these thieves don't understand that..Founders/leaders are the most stubborn people i've ever met in my life..If you've a very good suggestion, they say that it is nice but it won't work..They say so because it is not their idea..They want to score, you know..If you buy diamonds, you will accellerate far more faster in your play then what the diamonds will suppose to benefit you..I've seen very worse cities and still they have more ranking points than mine..It took FoE 5 years to change the neighborhood in a hood of the same era (age)..Will it take them another 5 years to change the aid collection into a no more clicking proces ??? I'm not old but the many clicking is hurting my fingers..I went to the medical docter for that..(Tendon twitching) ..
Another remark : why can't i decide who is allowed to donate on my GB's ??

One of the best things in FoE is that you play with real people. Real egos, human mistakes, best and worst that RL brings aswell... If it wasn't for that key element, I wouldn't be playing for sure.
Time consuming? Yes, very much. If you want to be one of the top players, you have to put a lot of time and energy into it. You just have to find a proper balance...
One thing I don't like in FoE is that Inno preffers diamond players over those that aren't. But I understand that aswell... Money is the thing that makes the world keeps on spinning :))

DeletedUser107760

if Inno plans to develop an identical game than this one, up to the ''AID update'' i will definit:)ly play it

DeletedUser107476

FoE is a hybrid, it doesn't focus on fighting or farming. Inno has a purely fighting game, Tribal Wars, while they have a purely farming game, Elvenar. There's something for everyone who enjoys strategy games. If FoE has too much of the farming element, perhaps Tribal Wars is the place for you.
I think what they were trying to say is that the game is heading away from fighting. Elvenar has some fighting element to it and FoE seems to be headed the same way, with no work being done on improving GvG. Nearly every new element added is towards more clicking, Tavern, Incidents etc. Many players I have talked to, are pinning their hopes on HTML5 improving GVG and providing less lag, if it does not then quite have few have stated they will be leaving the game, due to the direction it is headed.

Haagse Harry

Private
Nearly every new element added is towards more clicking, Tavern, Incidents etc. Many players I have talked to, are pinning their hopes on HTML5 improving GVG and providing less lag, if it does not then quite have few have stated they will be leaving the game, due to the direction it is headed.

Nearly every new element added is towards the use of the app. Play on your phone while you are waiting somewhere. GvG is bound to disappear.

DeletedUser10851

Sorry to say I laughed like heck when I read the opening post. Sounds like someone needs both a software and hardware upgrade and well as a coach to lay down on and relax with a good book, while waiting for a 24 hour production to be done...

DeletedUser112046

First define what "the game" is. For the makers and admin, it is clearly making real money. For me, the game is not spending any real money. So far, i appear to be winning!

I must admit, i do find foe generally a frustrating and unsatisfying game for a number of reasons. Number ne for me is the inconsistancy. Most of the goals and achievments are, not so much difficult to achieve in terms of skill or strategy, but rather lugubriously long winded and tiresome, knowing that its all a game of chasing ones own tail anyway. Coupled to that, and by way of contrast, is that the player is constantly being lovebombed with easy to win prizes. The current xmas present thing, for example. No true gaming satisfaction whatsoever, but easy to see the motive and psychology, from the game makers viewpoint! Keep people playing, clicking stars and icons adinfinitum for as long as possible, for the smallest possible return. Ply them with seemingly lucrative rewards, which they cannot effectivelt make use of, without buying diamonds, to gain the terrain needed. It wouldnt be so bad if you were given a decent bang for your buck, but seriously, it would cost me more than i pay in real world groceries, just to buy enough diamonds to win a couple of battles, or fill in a few more squares here or there. Lol! I think not!

DeletedUser112046

Also, the battles are extremely skewed and inconsistant. It doesnt matter how much strategy you attempt, by way of selecting which units to spar against others. It doesnt make a rats ass worth of difference how much bonus attack value you generate. If the AI has determined its your due to loose and be punished, its fait accomply. It is impossible to achieve anything other than a parody of strategics when you cant place units in strategic positions effectively. They either forfiet a turn or madly run gamikazi fashion into the fray. Its just a joke. Lol

Haagse Harry

Private
Also, the battles are extremely skewed and inconsistant. It doesnt matter how much strategy you attempt, by way of selecting which units to spar against others. It doesnt make a rats ass worth of difference how much bonus attack value you generate. If the AI has determined its your due to loose and be punished, its fait accomply. It is impossible to achieve anything other than a parody of strategics when you cant place units in strategic positions effectively. They either forfiet a turn or madly run gamikazi fashion into the fray. Its just a joke. Lol

Perhaps you shouldn't use autobattle.

DeletedUser112046

Hah! I dont! Perhaps its different on a pc platform, but i use ipad app. Units will never stay where you put them, when engaging with any target they seem to randomly jump out to where they will recieve maximum damage. If you atempt to move first its also not predictable you will be allowed to strike. It is also damn near impossible to determine what kind of terrain from the clunky graphics, so that aspect is also hit and miss. Rogues are useless as they can never move far enough to engage, whilst other suposed set ranges seem to alter at whim. Its just a farce.

dimondus

Captain
Most of the goals and achievments are, not so much difficult to achieve in terms of skill or strategy, but rather lugubriously long winded and tiresome, knowing that its all a game of chasing ones own tail anyway. Coupled to that, and by way of contrast, is that the player is constantly being lovebombed with easy to win prizes.
You know you could skip those and play how you like.
For example, I've said myself that if I'll get another 50FP as final Daily Challenge reward I'll stop doing it altogether... so I got them again and now I have more time to plan my city how I like. :D Same goes for constant events, I've skipped like last 3 of them and only did Winter event, so now I have space to put all winter village tents.
And I really don't care that some players have won 20 SoKs and 10 Wishing wells during winter event coz I don't intend taking top spot on the server.

DeletedUser112046

Fair enough, but i would still like to see more consistancy, to make the game a more satisfactory and genuinely rewarding experience.

I've been playing about a year now, and as a newbie i found it very frustrating trying to get any feel for it's finer points. I still am yet to find any definitive set of rules or info anywhere, other than a very basic wiki and various disparate and disjointed guides