• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Why i stoped to play this game after 6-7 years

DeletedUser102753

Hi all on forum and Hi INNO Games,

First of all,I don't like the path where this game going.
I'm more for GvG fights,where team(guild) can fight and win,but rewards are to low.
GE ruined GvG,and now if you want to be in any stronger guild,they forcing you to play GE all levels if you want to be in guild,that suck.I don't like GE,it's not that game what was before GE...
I was on Brisgard,in NV guild 6 years,but GE destroy many friendships because people just don't like to play GE and must leave guild.That's one of the reasons why i stoped to play this game.
Quests are boring,because every quest have task to buy 5 FP,or 7FP and now after 50 quests,when i need FP i must to pay 2 millions of coins for 1 FP.And you forcing us to make space for some buildings,to build for task and sell after task is done.That's the 2nd reason why i stoped to play.
No seasons updates on map,where is spring,summer,autumn or winter? Where are day and night? Where is rain and snow on buildings?Nothing of that will be happen in this game.That's the 3rd reason why i stoped to play.
To many Great Buildings,with population imagine that.And now every bigger city don't need a single building for population because of GB.From Future era i didn't build single one building for population or fastory for supplies,because i get all of that from GB's and every city is not like a city.I remmember the time when i needed new houses and new factory's and I can't wait to research them.Now i research because i must not because i need.

The game became monotonous,and no matter how hard you try to get it right, it's just not that game what was earlier.
Instead of new ideas in game,you bring as boring quests with buildings what give you everything,but that's not the point,to get everything from few buildings.

I will not delete my city,i will came once per year to see how is going,but from my point of view, nothing will change.

Best Regards,

RepublikaSrbija - Brisgard

Emberguard

Legend
@RepublikaSrbija thankyou for taking the time to post :)

6-7 years is a long time to stick with any game regardless of what it is. You are right though. The game has changed in that time.

If it’s the GvG aspect you like maybe you could look at the other games Inno has developed? I’m not familiar enough with them to know how similar or different they’d be but Tribal Wars and Grepolis look like they may be worth trying.

Agent327

Overlord
@RepublikaSrbija thankyou for taking the time to post :)

6-7 years is a long time to stick with any game regardless of what it is. You are right though. The game has changed in that time.

If it’s the GvG aspect you like maybe you could look at the other games Inno has developed? I’m not familiar enough with them to know how similar or different they’d be but Tribal Wars and Grepolis look like they may be worth trying.

Do you get paid to promote Inno??? :P

Neither Tribal Wars nor Grepolis are worth trying in his/her situation.

Forwandert

Major-General
Well they would probably solve the demolishing buildings in their city problem for quests, the experienced players in those games for years will just take their cities.

Agree though those games are completely different to FOE, you need 24/7 access to internet to play either game and not be concerned about the occasional nights with absolutely no sleep to play competitively. (When I say occasional it could potentially be every night with broken sleep till the server ends). Not games to recommend unless you've played them.

You would enjoy the team play though if you get with a decent team and they're set up on skype or discord though. I played for 4/5 years with the same players through various servers.

Emberguard

Legend
Do you get paid to promote Inno??? :P

Neither Tribal Wars nor Grepolis are worth trying in his/her situation.
Nope.

I was just thinking if they’re tired of one game because it’s the same game for 6-7 years then maybe trying something new would help. Even the best games eventually become monotonous regardless of if they never changed or changed a lot simply from being played so much

That’s a nice bug :D

Forwandert

Major-General
To be fair if you want a war game with either you definately got one. I only started play FOE to kill some time between ops as you can hardly lose anything here if you log on. Not logging on with either isnt an option if you want to keep your cities or haven't hit vacation mode so you're unattackable.

Log on to either of those games, someone hits your city and kills your troops you're on a rebuild there's no 8 troop defence if you have 2500 troops in the city you're on a major rebuild for the whole lot if you even got any cities left to rebuild with and dont have to restart.

DeletedUser102753

I'm playing now League of Legends on my pc and on my phone I play Homescapes.I want to try something else.Whole my life i play strategy games like Generals all parts,Red Alert,Rise of Nations,Rise of Empires,Age of Mithology and Forge of Empires,but Forge few years ago and now...it's not that game.I try Elvenar but it's boring like hell.

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
Things you mentioned are all gimmicky features that take time to develop non the less ... i my self would rather see development going towards stuff that really matters... like now implemented timers on gbs that was debated many times that it is to hard to do ,or manual input of exact number of fps .... or even visiting a tavern without the need for a pop up windows... and many like that that are not jet implemented... some parts of a game will always be repetitive no matter how hard they try .... like GE ... that is something that is designed to help guild and to reward players with some smaller gain ... and if you can't sacrifice a 10 min over 3 days for a grater good ... then what to say ...

DeletedUser

In all fairness folks FoE is the only game I know of that has an element like GvG, they had the opportunity to capitalise on it, but they dropped the ball big time.

I love GvG because it encourages teamwork and requires thought and planning, unlike the other elements that can only be equated to shooting fish in a barrel :(

Agent327

Overlord
In all fairness folks FoE is the only game I know of that has an element like GvG, they had the opportunity to capitalise on it, but they dropped the ball big time.

I love GvG because it encourages teamwork and requires thought and planning, unlike the other elements that can only be equated to shooting fish in a barrel :(

Ever heard of Tribal Wars?

They dropped the ball big time to make handfull of guilds, probably their best friends happy by going back to one reset. It is really exciting to watch the release and retake game. Don't know how difficult it is to put a 24 hr restriction after you release a sector. Keeps most of the community locked out while Inno caving to a small group of players/guild.
Good luck inno. We should all leave.