• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Why I am leaving the game

I would agree with you however about the situations may be improved if someone from Inno would take the time to actually reply to the 'masses', even if it just to explain a decision they make, but if they choose not to, oh well, their choice. It is what it is.

I think this is an excellent point.

even if the devs came on from time to time and said, No go take a jump we won't do that, I think most could accept the refusal and live with it, it's the total silence from them that is the real slap in the face. It makes me think, we are not even important enough to them to warrant a reply. It's an insult.
They probably can't reply to everyone and everything, but they could at least give us some general feedback about what they do and why.

Knight of ICE

Firstly, I think the people who pay the wages ARE ENTITLED to complain if they're not happy.

You do not pay the wages. At best you have bought a ticket to the stadium to watch the match and that does not mean you can decide the way of play.

Knight of ICE

even if the devs came on from time to time and said, No go take a jump we won't do that, I think most could accept the refusal and live with it, it's the total silence from them that is the real slap in the face. It makes me think, we are not even important enough to them to warrant a reply. It's an insult.
They probably can't reply to everyone and everything, but they could at least give us some general feedback about what they do and why.

They do on the beta forum and during Q&A on Facebook.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Who does pay the wages if not the players buying diamonds?

Is there another significant income stream I am unaware of?
You really are dense, aren't you? The wages are paid by the company, whether or not players buy diamonds. There may also be advertising dollars, promotional funding, tax payer subsidies and a number of other 'signficant revenue streams' - none of which you need to be aware of. You pay to play, or you do not. You do not pay anyones wages. Stop being so antagonistic and combatitive so often.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
You really are dense, aren't you? The wages are paid by the company, whether or not players buy diamonds. There may also be advertising dollars, promotional funding, tax payer subsidies and a number of other 'signficant revenue streams' - none of which you need to be aware of. You pay to play, or you do not. You do not pay anyones wages. Stop being so antagonistic and combatitive so often.

And where does the company get the money? Us.

Advertising is a cost, not a revenue.

Insults are no substitute for a well reasoned argument.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
And where does the company get the money? Us.

Advertising is a cost, not a revenue.

Insults are no substitute for a well reasoned argument.
Except you have no well reasoned argument - you are just being arguementative. Advertising also includes in-game products and promotions. FoE may not have any, but who knows what other parts of the company does or does not have. You definitely do not. Learn what a well reasoned arguement is, if you want to use one. Since so far you show little but contempt for others, as well as contempt when you clearly do not understand things yourself.

Knight of ICE

Who does pay the wages if not the players buying diamonds?

Company pays the wages. Players buying diamonds are only part of the income for the company. Everybody can claim they buy diamonds. One thing that can be stated as a fact is that not all players that buy diamonds share your opinion. You are not "us".

They are very selective about what questions they chose to answer. Never anything players are concerned about.

You should watch more often, or probably just watch.

Any Empire

Sergeant
A quicksearch for Pocket Game and Innogames will show you that
"The German studio saw €220 million ($266 million) in revenue, a rise of 15 per cent year-on-year. Furthermore, it is the 14th consecutive year that the company has experienced financial growth......Forge of Empires played a huge part in the company's growth, as did Elvenar, Tribal Wars and Grepolis. Across both web and mobile platforms, InnoGames portfolio had a 13 per cent increase in average revenue per daily active user."
another artilce shows that " Both browser and mobile platforms performed strong to contribute to the 13 percent increase in Average Revenue Per Daily Active User (ARPDAU) across InnoGames’ whole portfolio. "
Some other "numbers:
$552 million was brought in by mobile strategy Forge of Empires, InnoGames’ most profitable title;
$100 million was generated by Tribal Wars, the company’s oldest game;"

And finally:
"The company’s largest title, Forge of Empires, came out in 2012. It helped InnoGames transition from browser-based games to mobile.
This transition became the main driver of the company’s growth in the global market, according to CEO Hendrik Klindworth. Revenues from the mobile segment are growing at an average rate of 56% per year. Mobile games have also generated the most registrations,"

Many more details available if you are patient enough to drill down into the financial statements, whcih is what you do if you understand business, and care about facts instead of BS. It is a fact that what drives their profits are player generated revenues.

Burpo

Sergeant
You do not pay the wages. At best you have bought a ticket to the stadium to watch the match and that does not mean you can decide the way of play.
I agree with this statement however if enough ticket holders decide the game is not entertaining any more, they will switch codes.
That is why most sports are constantly tweaking the rules to keep the game exciting.
I still believe Inno is doing a reasonable job, 9 years running so far is a pretty good effort for an online game.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
...It is a fact that what drives their profits are player generated revenues.

Of course it is.

If this game starts to hemorrhage players like World of Warcraft is, it won't do any of us any good. That's why it's best to have these discussions openly on the forum, and not take them to a third party site where the negative publicity would do far more damage.

You would all be better off watching the Zeitgeist movies. If you still want to waste your time then download a Sid Meiers game such as Civilisation, Railroad, or WIll Wright's SIm City, they are all free, there is no payment advantage to anyone so the playing field is level. Whether or not you are a millionaire with loads of cash to throw away or a game cheat who has downloaded 100 000 diamonds by giving your details (or if you're smart enough, an enemy whose details you know) to some other dodgy sheeple who want you to buy other crap or to sell these details to the highest bidder.

Daiman Rahl

Corporal
There are a lot of money sucking games out there, that are way more expensive then FoE. Trust me I know I've played many over the years and my Bank account is a testiment too the expense of some, where the only way to advance is to spent.
This game is the cheapest I've played and the returns are fair and competitive.
I've enjoyed playing here so far, but do see a large gap in newer players trying to compete against seasoned players. It's a simple solution I found. Go to a guild that trains you and has like level players as well as seasoned pro's too help you.
You end up with the chanlenges of competing on equal level with guild mates and learn the game.
All is well.
Programmers do listen and review these logs. I've had friends in the bussiness that follow these feeds regularly.
Inno games has put a ton of money into this game, for your enjoyment. If you do not find it a joy anymore then you move on that is part of gaming for many. But still there are others that find a game and live it until the wheels fall off. Both types are needed, and enjoyed.

Inno has done a good job so far without too much P2W despite the temptation.
All MMORPG games have a turnover of players where some get to the end-game faster than others. Those who buy the most diamonds keep the company's finances well lubricated and also pay for free-to-play.
All is normal here, it's surprising how few leaving threads there are.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
On the other hand - with the near constant whining and complaining that the majority of threads contain - perhaps Inno has just gotten tired of the self-entitled players and given up on the 'feedback', since whining and complaining is not feedback of any kind. Perhaps Inno would spend more time listening to the players, if the players were to respect them, as much as the players whine about not being respected by Inno. If players did not really like this game, they would leave - but few do (not including those that take breaks from the game) - most stay around, seemingly, so they can find something new to complain about.
I would agree with you however about the situations may be improved if someone from Inno would take the time to actually reply to the 'masses', even if it just to explain a decision they make, but if they choose not to, oh well, their choice. It is what it is.
i agree totally with your whining complaint, about players whining and complaining all the time

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
thats told him, well said we need players like you who can be combative and tell other players just who they think they are, ? but then i wonder who you think you are that you feel you can post the way you do ?

There are a lot of money sucking games out there, that are way more expensive then FoE. Trust me I know I've played many over the years and my Bank account is a testiment too the expense of some, where the only way to advance is to spent.
I've enjoyed playing here so far, but do see a large gap in newer players trying to compete against seasoned players. It's a simple solution I found. Go to a guild that trains you and has like level players as well as seasoned pro's too help you.
You end up with the chanlenges of competing on equal level with guild mates and learn the game.
All is well.
Programmers do listen and review these logs. I've had friends in the bussiness that follow these feeds regularly.
Inno games has put a ton of money into this game, for your enjoyment. If you do not find it a joy anymore then you move on that is part of gaming for many. But still there are others that find a game and live it until the wheels fall off. Both types are needed, and enjoyed.

I agree, their are many ( if not most ) games these days that you must pay if you want to really advance.
Here you can get everything ( well almost ) in the game mainly just by patience and a bit of diligence.
I would assume that although many players would like a lot of different things, or some things done differently ( i think we as humans are like that in all walks of life , nothing ever is, nor ever will be perfect for all of us ) there are aspects of the game which we do like, otherwise none of us would be still playing.