• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Why have city defence feature in FoE when it is so easily overcome?

RogerHolmes

Private
Most players know that with 1 decent unit and 7 rogues in your army you can defeat almost any city defence. This is making the whole feature of city defence pointless and many players have given up defending their cities totally. Wouldn't FoE be a better game if there was no foolproof strategy to beat your opponent? I am not saying this as a disgruntled ignoramus but with a desire to make one aspect of the game a more exciting feature. Games are for playing equal to equal.

Last edited:

Knight of ICE

It is possible to build a city defense that can not be beaten. The tools are there. However, you can not do it and also build a strong attack, so it is a choice you have to make. Most players decide it is easier to collect on time and accepty the occasional plunder.

RogerHolmes

Private
Indeed "Most players decide it is easier to collect on time and accepty the occasional plunder" but you have ignored my point, this is taking away from what could be an exciting aspect of the game. I am not complaining about unfairness or other players cheating, the historical rules are the same for every player and we all accept them. I am suggesting some future version makes combat more interesting. I do also wonder why the players who go around attacking other players knowing they are almost bound to win find it worthwhile, it sounds exceedingly boring to me and like a school bully who picks on all the smaller boys but never squares up to someone their own size.

Knight of ICE

Indeed "Most players decide it is easier to collect on time and accepty the occasional plunder" but you have ignored my point, this is taking away from what could be an exciting aspect of the game. I am not complaining about unfairness or other players cheating, the historical rules are the same for every player and we all accept them. I am suggesting some future version makes combat more interesting. I do also wonder why the players who go around attacking other players knowing they are almost bound to win find it worthwhile, it sounds exceedingly boring to me and like a school bully who picks on all the smaller boys but never squares up to someone their own size.

I did not ignore your point. I told you it is possible to build a city defense that is extremely hard to beat. Like everything else in this game it is a choice. Same as with GB's. Some hardly ever get build. As for attacking other players, I don't do it for fun. I do it for the proceeds.

LastWarrior

Brigadier-General
You tell me how to stop a 2400% atk , we would need two cities space lol.
There is no way to play this game and just put up defence buildings it justwouldnt work, what is needed is for a bit of thought put on what was said above by Roger.

Knight of ICE

You tell me how to stop a 2400% atk , we would need two cities space lol.

No you don't. You do it the same way you build up that 2400% attack. This player has a 4000+% defence

Defence2.jpg

His problem is he paid to little attention to the attack part of his defence, so it is still not enough, but it is possible if you want to.

There is no way to play this game and just put up defence buildings it justwouldnt work

It will work, especialy in the lower ages. In later ages with units having Keen Eye it will be a lot harder. There is just no reason to do it. I get attacked 4 times a day at most. I attack easily over 100 times that amount, so why should I bother with defence?