• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Why doesn't the Town Hall give supplies along with coins?

DeletedUser116654

^ Question. Both coins and supplies are main resources in the game, so why does the Town Hall give coins and not supplies (or why doesn't it give both)? Is there any particular reason for this?

Emberguard

Legend
If you ran out of all resources in the game you could still continue as long as you have coins due to the first supply building being built via coins. Both are main resources yes, but coins are the foundation that allows everything else to be produced. By building coins into the town hall the game ensures that no matter how reckless your resource management you can never be in a position where it's impossible to recover. It's a failsafe against the worst case scenario

The biggest difference between coins and supplies is once you have enough that you could get away with never producing those starting resources again the coins still have a use through buying Forge Points. Supplies have very limited use on their own and the things you could buy with just supplies or supplies + coins are generally either a small cost or a once off cost.

As a side note though it's actually possible now to make the town hall produce supplies. 3rd Viking Emissary which you get from the 7th Viking Cultural Settlement

Agent327

Overlord
^ Question. Both coins and supplies are main resources in the game, so why does the Town Hall give coins and not supplies (or why doesn't it give both)? Is there any particular reason for this?

Ofcouse there is a reason. Inno has chosen it to be this way.

DeletedUser110131

Ofcouse there is a reason. Inno has chosen it to be this way.
That doesn't answer the question. It specifies a "particular reason"; there may be a "reason", without being a "particular reason". A "particular reason" is a distinct reason that can be concisely formulated. To answer the question, "yes" or "no" might suffice, but to answer it credibly, you must give a particular reason, along with an explanation of why you find it likely to be the reason. If you have anything to add to the answer already given, I'd like to know; I can't think of anything myself, so, whatever it is, it'll probably be something I've never considered.

DeletedUser96901

obviously because coins are used more often
paying expansions
sending the scout
infiltrating
buying FP

DeletedUser111359

Couldn't care less if it did. As it is, they are already piling up around my city anyhow.