• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Why does it cost diamonds to send out the submarine from the Oceanic Terminal in Virtual Future?

KarlRKaiser

Private
I have just entered the VF. When I go to send the submarine out, the button required 300 diamonds to press.

Did I miss something? Is is possible to send the submarine out without spending diamonds? If not that means that progress can no longer be made in the game without spending a few dollars every day.

DeletedUser12400

I wonder how did you manage to get past Arctic harbor without stumbling on this :zzz: As curse wrote - If you don't have enough goods then you will have to pay diamonds for each missing good same as in tech tree.

1583074300111.png 1583074306805.png

Last edited by a moderator:

KarlRKaiser

Private
Thanks, that was it. I also wonder how I got through Arctic without having to pay goods. I think the problem now is that I'm having to pay past-era Arctic goods, which I no longer produce, so for the first time I'm running low.

With regards to what 'Cursedveggie' said..

"You need goods to select crew members, if you don't have the goods you will be charged diamonds.

But diamonds are not needed at any point"

I understand that now but my 'crew window' shows the 4th option for a crew member locked.

Will that window unlock once I have enough goods for the first three crew & do I need 4 crew members to send a ship out?

Sorry, first time at this point so probably asking stupid questions. :)

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
No, the locked slot is unlocked by researching the related technology in the tech tree. But once you have unlocked it you will have to fill it to send out the Ship/Submarine (so yes, you will need 4 crewmembers).