• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Why do you bully new players with daily challenges????

romeo-rainy

Corporal
I just started playing a few days ago and quite enjoyed game. But it changed after unlocking daily challenges. Yesterday challenge was very hard, so i skipped it but today is straight impossible. I'm not sure how do you expect me to solve very complex negotiation, when I'm not even having enough resources for one try. This is only my second challenge,this is extreme bullying!!!
The only reason seems like very aggressive monetization policy, when you try to scam as much money as possible from unsuspecting players, even worse than Paid Shady Legends.
That's a very big red flag and very bad look when deciding to continue playing.
And it's especially baffling because the event is scaled quite nicely for a new player to participate, there's event ability to choose from two options, but daily challenges are not.
Every decent game has scaling daily challenges, usually with few minor prizes and one final prize,so even if someone is unable to get final prize, they get something. But here, if you fail you don't get anything and difficulty is insane.

Kind regards, frustrated player
If you can't do a complex negotiation, who cares? I am a mostly new player. I can't solve complex negotiations. I can't defeat very big armies. But 5/7 days I can finish the challenge. You just got unlucky. You might be frustrated because you had to pay a lot of materials for the quest but you can't finish the other part, but that is because of bad planning. If daily challenges got scaled, it would become like the viking settlement, which used to become a 28 hour 25 forge point grind by doing scaled quests.

DeJoker

Private
@Raladan and @QueenNicky back on the actual topic, the Daily Event is as stated not mandatory. Further you can be on top of your game and we still used to get challenges (until just recently) that were completely impossible, for instance having to collect 2500 Tavern Silver (outside your control btw) as that requires not only filling the Tavern up completely twice (which again is completely out of your control and extremely unlikely to happen) but then an addtional amount and getting that done in less than 24 hours is well, frankly right next to impossible. As such I always ignored that specific one and a few others that were anti-efficient such as Map Expansions before you should. Now with the new feature I can opt out of that (if it even pops up again -- I applaud the Devs on that one) so that helps. Still in the end usually the daily reward you get from completing the Daily Challenge is nothing grand just another bit of stuff sometimes useful others Meh -- so do not feel like you are missing out on anything by skipping it -- its like Aiding another person you get some coins nothing serious mind you but as they say the little bits add up over time.

Lastly as per the Game Designers own words, this game was meant to be played Slow and Steady -- definitely not Fast and Furious --- aka it is not a game about immediate gratification its about slow accomplishments.

Also you can ask players about how they do things if you are having problems, for instance I have not had a residential building in my city since the Bronze Age, I was successfully completing all 4 Tiers of GE almost as soon as I got into them which requires doing alot of complex Negotiations -- I have even written a guide (its a bit old) that outlines what a new player should focus on and how to build their city to be self-sufficient as well as how to successfully complete GE. It is all about understanding the puzzle placed before you and finding an efficient way to complete it. For instance, you can solve a puzzle upside down but that is a lot harder than solving it right side up -- and that is kind of what I mean by understanding the puzzle before you try to solve it.

Last edited: