• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Why do you bully new players with daily challenges????

Raladan

Private
I just started playing a few days ago and quite enjoyed game. But it changed after unlocking daily challenges. Yesterday challenge was very hard, so i skipped it but today is straight impossible. I'm not sure how do you expect me to solve very complex negotiation, when I'm not even having enough resources for one try. This is only my second challenge,this is extreme bullying!!!
The only reason seems like very aggressive monetization policy, when you try to scam as much money as possible from unsuspecting players, even worse than Paid Shady Legends.
That's a very big red flag and very bad look when deciding to continue playing.
And it's especially baffling because the event is scaled quite nicely for a new player to participate, there's event ability to choose from two options, but daily challenges are not.
Every decent game has scaling daily challenges, usually with few minor prizes and one final prize,so even if someone is unable to get final prize, they get something. But here, if you fail you don't get anything and difficulty is insane.

Kind regards, frustrated player

Emberguard

Legend
They're not "bullying" you. The game simply does not distinguish between a new and old player.

Every decent game has scaling daily challenges,
That is precisely what this game has. The challenges are scaled to your age.

It may be worth the devs adding an additional criteria to the Daily Challenges in regards to what Challenges are given during the first week of unlocking them (to give players some time to gather resources in the new age), but they do scale

Knight of ICE

Nobody is forcing you to do the Daily Challenges. You can skip them, till you are ready to do them. They are challenges, so supposed to be not to easy.

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
They're not "bullying" you. The game simply does not distinguish between a new and old player.
Regarding general game play the game does distinguish between new old and new players, you only have to look at the event for instance im required to pay more Fp’s, supplies, coins becuase of my current age (SAM).

Bullying? The game offers you a free opportunity to solve challenges where you can win rewards. You're not forced to solve the challenges or pay real money to solve them. If you can solve the challenges, great, you win some rewards. If you cannot solve them, skip them, you lose nothing, and you get a new free challenge every day.

Last edited:

QueenNicky

Private
I just started playing a few days ago and quite enjoyed game. But it changed after unlocking daily challenges. Yesterday challenge was very hard, so i skipped it but today is straight impossible. I'm not sure how do you expect me to solve very complex negotiation, when I'm not even having enough resources for one try. This is only my second challenge,this is extreme bullying!!!
The only reason seems like very aggressive monetization policy, when you try to scam as much money as possible from unsuspecting players, even worse than Paid Shady Legends.
That's a very big red flag and very bad look when deciding to continue playing.
And it's especially baffling because the event is scaled quite nicely for a new player to participate, there's event ability to choose from two options, but daily challenges are not.
Every decent game has scaling daily challenges, usually with few minor prizes and one final prize,so even if someone is unable to get final prize, they get something. But here, if you fail you don't get anything and difficulty is insane.

Kind regards, frustrated player
I am a new player and I agree with you. Then you come on here and you are bombarded by old players who are obviously invested in the game telling you you are whining.

QueenNicky

Private
We were too new oneday. Still we never felt like that.

Maybe it is a certain type of person who feels the need to jump on other players who point out parts of the game that they think need improvement. Maybe you didn't feel like that but clearly other players do and they probably just leave. I started playing the game when it popped up on my facebook. I like historical stories/movies/buildings etc and building games so I thought I would give it a try. I like how it looks, the rewards etc but you do get stuck and cannot get ahead. It seems the method should be to just ignore the quests because they involve battles you can't win and negotations you don't have goods for. So you just play to accumulate coins, goods and pile forge points on Great Buildings. That doesn't make for a very interesting game. Lots of clicking and that's about it.

GADfan

Warrant Officer
It's all about balance.
If you charge ahead on the Map, age-up too fast or try and do challenges that are beyond you then you're going to get stuck and lose interest.
The idea is to build and strengthen your city to a certain level/Age, then advance slightly on the Map and do the challenges that you can complete easily. Then you work on your city again until it's built up to a point where you can do the next part of the Map etc, and so on.
Charging ahead and doing things before you're ready doesn't make it the game's fault.
It's a complicated looking game when you first start playing. There are many, many parts to the game that have to be understood and tried out before you know what you are doing. This takes patience and time, two things the whole game is based on. We've all been there.
If that way of playing isn't for you or you prefer quick, active games, then Forge won't be to your liking.

I suggest you slow right down and focus on your city. There's plenty to do besides just clicking. Build it up in size and strength.
Look at the massive amount of advice online or ask players for help. I'm not in any guilds and when I started playing a couple of years ago I read all the advice to new players before I tried anything new. Other veterans have given me great help and advice too.

Don't expect too much from Events either. As a new player you shouldn't expect to complete them.
Daily challenges can be ignored if they're too difficult. They renew after 24 hours.
Recurring quests can be aborted and, as the name says, will come round again later.
Story quests, bonus quests and Event quests are tailored to your Age and position on the Map. If you've aged up too quickly or advanced too far then a lot of these quests may be too much for you to do. Ignore them (or abort them). It may be that you're in a stuck position and will have to wait some time until your city's capabilities achieve a level whereby you can attempt those quests.
You will get there.

legend9182

Major-General
Maybe it is a certain type of person who feels the need to jump on other players who point out parts of the game that they think need improvement. Maybe you didn't feel like that but clearly other players do and they probably just leave. I started playing the game when it popped up on my facebook. I like historical stories/movies/buildings etc and building games so I thought I would give it a try. I like how it looks, the rewards etc but you do get stuck and cannot get ahead. It seems the method should be to just ignore the quests because they involve battles you can't win and negotations you don't have goods for. So you just play to accumulate coins, goods and pile forge points on Great Buildings. That doesn't make for a very interesting game. Lots of clicking and that's about it.
Actually if you feel like this.
They could just remove them. As per my survey who complains like this can't get ready for daily quest in 1 week as there major focus is to complain not to learn how to do it. If you doing it right .you can become enough powerfull to do events and daily quest in 1 to 3 weeks.

Overlord Dex

Master Corporal
I've only ever done a couple of the daily challenge's, but that's because they aren't compulsory, they are merely something extra for those who either want to do more, or can't take part in other things like GvG etc.

Think of the game as like a library, you pick out what you like the look of and learn something, you don't have to choice everything!

QueenNicky

Private
It's all about balance.
If you charge ahead on the Map, age-up too fast or try and do challenges that are beyond you then you're going to get stuck and lose interest.
The idea is to build and strengthen your city to a certain level/Age, then advance slightly on the Map and do the challenges that you can complete easily. Then you work on your city again until it's built up to a point where you can do the next part of the Map etc, and so on.
Charging ahead and doing things before you're ready doesn't make it the game's fault.
It's a complicated looking game when you first start playing. There are many, many parts to the game that have to be understood and tried out before you know what you are doing. This takes patience and time, two things the whole game is based on. We've all been there.
If that way of playing isn't for you or you prefer quick, active games, then Forge won't be to your liking.

I suggest you slow right down and focus on your city. There's plenty to do besides just clicking. Build it up in size and strength.
Look at the massive amount of advice online or ask players for help. I'm not in any guilds and when I started playing a couple of years ago I read all the advice to new players before I tried anything new. Other veterans have given me great help and advice too.

Don't expect too much from Events either. As a new player you shouldn't expect to complete them.
Daily challenges can be ignored if they're too difficult. They renew after 24 hours.
Recurring quests can be aborted and, as the name says, will come round again later.
Story quests, bonus quests and Event quests are tailored to your Age and position on the Map. If you've aged up too quickly or advanced too far then a lot of these quests may be too much for you to do. Ignore them (or abort them). It may be that you're in a stuck position and will have to wait some time until your city's capabilities achieve a level whereby you can attempt those quests.
You will get there.

Yes I must have got too far ahead too soon. I didn't know that was what I was doing at the time. My motivation was to gain expansions. So if I don't win them through the continent map or through research (because I don't want to go to the next age so quickly) I guess the other option to to gain medals to get expansions?
Another thing is housing takes up so much space. I don't see as many houses in high level players cities, why is that? You need population to be able to build the goods buildings and armies etc I am trying to win the celtic village in the St Patricks event so I can have more population - though it is very large. Plus it is a such a nice looking building lol. I got the Fiore village in the football event that was on when I started playing, I guess I was lucky to win that. Will I have to wait till the football event comes back to get the chance to upgrade that?

I don't see as many houses in high level players cities, why is that?
That's simply because, as you advance in the game you get other buildings - Great Buildings and event buildings - that take care of the need for population, production and happiness. After a while you don't need any residential, production, goods and cultural buildings in the city.

Will I have to wait till the football event comes back to get the chance to upgrade that?
Yes. But you can't be sure it comes back in the next football event. If it doesn't, it will likely be available for sale or auction in the Antiques Dealer. But you'll probably have to wait at least a year for that.

For a new player it's pretty difficult to get fully upgraded event buildings. It's important to get some Great Buildings running as fast as possible to help with the production of supplies, coins, goods, forge points, troops and happiness - and not least to boost attack/defence.

For Great buildings a lot of players go for the "attack trinity" for a start.
That's Zeus, Castle del Monte and Cathedral of Aaachen.
They all give attack/defense boosts and CdM produces forge points and CoA produces coins.
Another common starter Great Building is Lighthouse of Alexandria. It's relatively small, 4x4, and it produces goods and supplies.

Getting blueprints for Great Buildings can seem like an impossible task that takes forever even you aid all friends, neighbours and guild members every day.
One of the best ways to get blueprints is to join a good, helpful guild with established players and ask if any of them can secure you low reward spots (5th) in their Great Buildings.
Dropping a few forge points in neighbours' or friends' Great buildings for a chance to get blueprints is NOT the best way. You will most likely get push down and out from the reward spots.
Many guilds have swap threads. But it will not secure you a reward spot if you use them unless you keep investing in the same Great Building and make sure to stay in a reward position.

Sorry, running a little off topic here :-)

Last edited:

Emberguard

Legend
My motivation was to gain expansions.
Can you please either show us a screenshot of your city or provide us with the details on which world your city is located in?

Reason: for a new player the best way for them to acquire space is through optimising their layout. Most new players can free up 30-50% of their current land just by rearranging their buildings. If you show us a screenshot we can help give some tips on how to better use the space

Can you please either show us a screenshot of your city or provide us with the details on which world your city is located in?

Reason: for a new player the best way for them to acquire space is through optimising their layout. Most new players can free up 30-50% of their current land just by rearranging their buildings. If you show us a screenshot we can help give some tips on how to better use the space
Already asked for that in another thread
You say you don't have space to build. Can you post a picture of your city? I bet you can free up some space to build more supplies and goods buildings.
Going slightly off topic. Topic was about Daily Challenges. Somewhat related though maybe.

Last edited:

legend9182

Major-General
I suggest building arc as soon as possible
Even at level 1 its pretty powerfull.it will not only save you some fps to get bps also will provide more bps and give chance to gain fps if you use it correctly .

legend9182

Major-General
For Great buildings a lot of players go for the "attack trinity" for a start.
That's Zeus, Castle del Monte and Cathedral of Aaachen.
Building and taking all of them to level 10 takes so much time for a new player. So for becoming a fighter. I would suggest take only one to 10(I would suggest any one of zeus or cdm) and others to 5.
Another common starter Great Building is Lighthouse of Alexandria. It's relatively small, 4x4, and it produces goods and supplies.
A level 1 loa is enough if used correctly. As new players will most likely use its 40x boosts on 1 to 8 hour production of low supply producing buildings like blacksmiths etc. So it wont make much difference if they dont plan it correctly.
Getting blueprints for Great Buildings can seem like an impossible task that takes forever even you aid all friends, neighbours and guild members every day.
One of the best ways to get blueprints is to join a good, helpful guild with established players and ask if any of them can secure you low reward spots (5th) in their Great Buildings.
Arc is the way to go.
Many guilds have swap threads. But it will not secure you a reward spot if you use them unless you keep investing in the same Great Building and make sure to stay in a reward position.
Most likely he will be taken by big swap players as his fp production would be below 50 per day. So best way would be for him is a personal swap for bps with other players try to make with players.

Hope you like this @QueenNicky

A level 1 loa is enough if used correctly. As new players will most likely use its 40x boosts on 1 to 8 hour production of low supply producing buildings like blacksmiths etc. So it wont make much difference if they dont plan it correctly.
Yes, correct, sorry. LoA doesn't produce supplies as I wrote. It produces goods and boosts supply production.