• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Why did they make it take hours for things to complete.

jox4672

Private
This is a fun game till you have to wait for hours for the army to heal or train. Its very annoying to say the least. The times need to be cut to less than 5mins to do stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
FoE is just another one of those hard grinding games that you are either gonna love or hate, same as e.g. Clash of Clans. Lot of patience and a couple of years are basically required to lead your city to the point when you really "did something in FoE".

Lord Grok

Master Corporal
Clash of clans is far worse. I reached that point where you needed to grind a year to upgrade your walls. In this game you can be SaaB in a year with Arc 80 etc.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Clash of clans is far worse. I reached that point where you needed to grind a year to upgrade your walls. In this game you can be SaaB in a year with Arc 80 etc.
I still have a couple levels to go CoC, but needing 3 million gold or elixir for just one wall upgrade, it definitely is a snooze fest. But that game, similar to this, just spending the long game and build a city. No rush, no cash, not worried.

Epic Builder x1000

Second Lieutenant
This is a fun game till you have to wait for hours for the army to heal or train. Its very annoying to say the least. The times need to be cut to less than 5mins to do stuff.

everyone has that timer so in my opinion it’s fair to everyone, and most people have gone through what you’re experiencing

Emberguard

Legend
The reason is because it’s not a real time game. It’s not meant to be sitting at the screen non-stop. If you want to do that you need to stockpile the things you would use to keep playing (multiples of troops, goods, forge points etc)

To keep busy just make at least 3 cities or more and do their settlements, you not only get cheap diamonds in starter packs they get shared to use in any of your cities.

To keep busy just make at least 3 cities or more and do their settlements, you not only get cheap diamonds in starter packs they get shared to use in any of your cities.
No, you don't get diamonds in starter packs that you can use in other cities.
You get 100 diamonds from solving a bronze age quest as part of the starter tutorial, but immediately after you get them, you get a new task that requires you to spend them on a longhouse.
If it was possible to use diamonds from starter packs in other worlds, players would abuse it and start as many cities as possible just to get the diamonds for their main world.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Legend
If it was possible to use diamonds from starter packs in other worlds, players would abuse it and start as many cities as possible just to get the diamonds for their main world.
Actually there is. You could hypothetically create a city on every world specifically for that purpose. However it's just a diamond package like with the 200% deal. Only real difference being this one is triggered by starting a city. Although the diamonds are shared across worlds, you still have to buy the package separately for each individual world you get the package for. That then activates a 7 day questline for that specific world.

This deal only appears in brand new cities and has certain abuse prevention features in place. One of those abuse prevention functions is so you can't buy it on a new world, activate it on a world with a Lvl 100+ Chateau and increase the diamond yield :lol: but the diamonds themselves can be used on any world once obtained

Actually there is. You could hypothetically create a city on every world specifically for that purpose. However it's just a diamond package like with the 200% deal. Only real difference being this one is triggered by starting a city. Although the diamonds are shared across worlds, you still have to buy the package separately for each individual world you get the package for. That then activates a 7 day questline for that specific world.

This deal only appears in brand new cities and has certain abuse prevention features in place. One of those abuse prevention functions is so you can't buy it on a new world, activate it on a world with a Lvl 100+ Chateau and increase the diamond yield :lol: but the diamonds themselves can be used on any world once obtained
Yeah, alright, true, if you want to pay for the diamonds. I guess that's what Xeon meant.

Emberguard is right, they are not free but the main point for this thread is with three + cities you can still play on one while things complete on another. Diamonds obtained in any city are pooled across all your cities. (very useful)

Vashtanerada

Private
One city is enough until you have a good understanding of the game and then you can decide to have a second city for diamond farming etc... regarding troops, an Alcatraz will be your saving grace.

One city is enough
I realise that many players have a real life and that we should take our time playing FOE camping ages etc.
however if you want to spend more real time playing; more than one city is essential in my opinion.
Understanding the game comes from playing it, not from waiting for things to complete.

edit: I learnt this the hard way, got bored waiting so decided to look into a diamond farm but you still need a developed city to obtain enough wishing wells (unless you do only quest free events) which in many cases is your abandoned main city!
Having more than one city means you can use them as time fillers or training grounds and many other ways.
One of the best features of Forge of Empires is that you can play at your own pace, one or more cities without feeling left behind.

Last edited:

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
I realise that many players have a real life and that we should take our time playing FOE camping ages etc.
however if you want to spend more real time playing; more than one city is essential in my opinion.
Understanding the game comes from playing it, not from waiting for things to complete.

edit: I learnt this the hard way, got bored waiting so decided to look into a diamond farm but you still need a developed city to obtain enough wishing wells (unless you do only quest free events) which in many cases is your abandoned main city!
Having more than one city means you can use them as time fillers or training grounds and many other ways.
One of the best features of Forge of Empires is that you can play at your own pace, one or more cities without feeling left behind.
New city might help you quite a bit with the game, you can also basically change the decisions you made on another city if you regret them, which I like the most, but it is also good for new friendships :D

nice2haveu

Corporal
It is the only way to make the addicted or aggressive players in the game do something useful in real life for family or personal matters.

If all the things are happening in short period of time, then entire body (eyes, mind, neck etc) will not be taking rest because of the interest and curiousity in the game. People will play the 24/7 also, which is strongly affecting their health.

Not sure it was the intention for the delay, but it matters most.

IMO, Priority order is,
Health-Family-Money-Entertainment(Game).

Having delay is most acceptable. If you are not happy with it, then somewhere you are missing to take care something.