• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Why can a Stone Age trail override a Colonial Age Paved Lane ?

• Thread starter DeletedUser107616
  • Start date

DeletedUser108240

The situation we had before was that a road built on top of an older road still had the older road under it in inactive form (no happiness produced).
that was fine for temporarily storing a more modern road (just put it on top of an older road somewhere) without needing to have a free square of city foundation. The only expense would be the happiness produced by the older road.
But that meant there had to be another rule about not placing an older road on top of a more modern one §1.

Then came the automatic sale of an older road when a newer one was placed in its location, that kinda made the §1 rule unnecessary, and apparently it got deleted (at least for some roads) try moving the older road segment you built on top of a newer road. do the never road become visible again? if it does the newer road is not lost, just hidden by an old road placed on top of it. I find that kinda likely (but I would not call it good programming).

love Villow

DeletedUser108240

Actually, I the modern road is still there (and come back) I would call it a feature. making it a lot easier to make and remove temporary 'cheap' roads when rearranging the buildings of the city.