• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Why am I so rubbish at Guild Expeditions?

Points increase with era, doing a few encounters in virtual future will earn more points than finishing all 64 encounters in Iron age

The % completed is the same for everyone in the guild, that's what is most important

Powe

Brigadier-General
Morning Harry, mug of tea and a bacon roll please.

Tell me, Harry, oh font of knowledge, why am I so rubbish at guild expeditions? I have won all my encounters first time, but I have accumulated far fewer and I mean FAR FEWER guild expedition points than my guild leader who has completed less encounters and yet accumulated almost four times as many points?

Could it be because I am employing troops of the same era as the defenders, rather than later era troops and as such am suffering more damage than I could do otherwise? Should I perhaps employ rogues?

I have been keeping an eye on the PvP tournament, I want the medals! Hence I have been using earlier era troops and avoiding the use of rogues in case the battle doesn't count towards the PvP.

Don't look at me like that, Harry. We were all new to this game once so be patient with me please!
1, GE counts towards PvP towers.
2, In later ages you get more expedition points.

Emberguard

Legend
Oh, one last thing. No one mentioned the use of rogues. Do they detract from a battle counting towards PvP towers? Or can I employ them (along with troops solely from the required era) and still count towards the PvP tower????
Rogues are worth 200 battle points (or 4 ranking points). Once they transform they’ll be worth the battle points of the units they transform into.

The battle points gained from a successful battle are the value of the defeated enemy units. If your own units take damage then for every 1 health lost you lose 10% of the wounded units battle points from the battle.

It's a good achievement, well done :D

I can remember all the times I first managed to do something in this game with a small sense of pride

I have guild members who can still barely manage the first few encounters :( so you are doing well

Emberguard

Legend
Well, I reached the end of Level I on the guild expedition (big deal! the experienced players say as they complete the whole event) but it was quite an achivement for me, and I couldn't have done it without the advice of @Emberguard whom I wish to publicly say, thank you and the teas are on me!
Awesome :D thankyou tor the tea :) (did Harry put honey in it? ;D)

Oh well, it was nice while it lasted. But if it gets too difficult to play without spending real money (and I have spent enough already) I shall find another hobby, perhaps Pokemon Go.
Its all about making money for the developers :( the towers are useless to later era players but are essential early on to get those cheap(er) expansions.

And its nice to see your name at the top! especially the first time in each era :D

Oh, one last thing. No one mentioned the use of rogues. Do they detract from a battle counting towards PvP towers? Or can I employ them (along with troops solely from the required era) and still count towards the PvP tower????

When fighting - rogues give virtually no points- until they change - then if you win the battle you get more battle points - remember - they have to change to be worth more in battle.

Emberguard

Legend
Nice 8-) Honey sandwiches sound delicious.

Oh, thank you! I was expecting to get showered with "big deal" type messages from those guild members who regularly reach level IV and then complain its got too hard. I shant attempt level II just yet, the guild I'm in is a very casual guild, only a few of us took part and me only really to fight battles with Iron Age troops with an eye on the PvP tower prize of medals (which I want for expansion).
It’s a big deal as it means you either know the game well enough to reach the end of Lvl 1 or are willing to put in the effort to get there

Emberguard

Legend
Oh well, it was nice while it lasted. But if it gets too difficult to play without spending real money (and I have spent enough already) I shall find another hobby, perhaps Pokemon Go.
Don’t worry about “winning” if you know you can’t. Life will always only have 1 winner no matter what the competition is. Just worry with having some fun and doing enough to get something out of the PvP if you’re doing PvP whether that be the current system or a future one.

Last edited: