• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Which tech to save

Hello all.
I have read on this forum that it's best to advance through each ages tech tree quickly, get to the end of the age, and then build up strength, goods, etc, before aging up.

However, I have been advised differently by a guildmate who is experienced and reliable.
I'm coming here to get further opinions and hopefully explanations. Explanation is important to me, as I want to understand, and my question may require deep game knowledge.

The advice which my guildmate has given me is not to unlock tech unless the story quest asks for it. Not side quest; not recurring quest; only story quest.
The reason for this is twofold; firstly, to avoid tech blocks, and secondly to ensure getting higher age troops.
The advice is in an in-guild thread on how to get higher age troops.
Their advice is based on this guide;

The player's city strength is above 20 million, and they have played in several worlds. They are experienced and reliable generally.

Can anyone throw some light on this for me?
If I follow this advice, it will take me a long time to get Imperial guards, or expansions, or the best age houses.
But I don't want to ruin my later gameplay.
I need to hear from someone who knows, please.
Thanks!

Knight of ICE

That guide is only a guide for a certain playstyle. It tells you how to get higher age units, while staying in a lower age. It will make you a strong player for the age you are in, but that's just it. You need to stay in that age. Those higher age units will help you in offense and defense, but you can also use GB's to achieve that.

There is no right way to play this game. There is no wrong way. There only is your way and that is something you need to find on your own.

legend9182

Major-General
Thats why age up after gbg and ge starts
So you have around 1 week to get those quests + research done .