• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Player When you play like you're Canada

DeletedUser116545

Okay, I need to clarify what I mean.

Its a simple challenge I tasked myself with, for my Arvahall city, that I want to see how far I can take it.

Rules are as such:

• You must go trader only; no military allowed except for those unattached units for defense, which you get from quests, events, or guild expedition
    • this is in commentary to Canada focusing more on education when it comes to its national taxes. As a result their army is weaker then other nations
  • You can only build buildings from your current era. Any building that's from previous era must be deleted, even if it costed you diamonds to place it
    • exception to this rule are great buildings
  • You can not build any building, which is not accessible through Building Menu
    • that means;
      • no wishing wells
      • no shrines of knowledge
      • no event buildings
      • no victory towers
      • no watch fires
      • no guild expedition buildings that you can't sell for coins & supplies
      • and no rogues or champions
    • if you play an event or guild expedition, and get a building you can sell for coins and supplies (example: cattle ranch - progressive era) you're allowed to build and keep it, if you have space for it
    • the main reward from viking settlements (yggdrasil) and whatever main rewards from other settlements will be are allowed, as they were not listed in the not allowed section, and there is literary no reason do even do settlements if I ban those
Those are the main 3 rules. Are they to easy? Too complex? Should I add / remove some? Is this something you'd try?

Leafbiter

Corporal
Nice post and nice rules although I only delete old era buildings when I find a better version.

Do you call the The Tavern Tim Hortons?

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
WHOA! Canadian army is weaker than other nations? That is relatively untrue. Canadian military is some of the top trained in the world - but admittedly, their equipment is often outdated and lacking. Canada was one of the primary reasons for the success of D-Day.
Yes, the military is under-funded (because Big Brother America is protecting it due primarily to Alaska on the NW edge, as well as the proximity to Russia (formerly USSR).
So - be careful where and to whom you call the Canadian military weak, as you may end up suffering for that kind of blatant attack.
And, so you know - many other country militaries come to Canada to train, largely due to the openness available, such as CFB Suffield.

DeletedUser113278

Nice challenge, good luck. Thought has crossed my mind to do something similar. Love to read a overview as you progress.

No victory towers though is going to make it tough :p

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
That doesn't make the Canadian military good, its just means we pay you lots of money to drive tanks round your big empty spaces
Yea - and think how much carbon gases it takes for those large transport craft to bring all that heavy machinery here. Not to mention all the flatbeds to carry that equipment from the airport (YYC or YEG) to the base. Has to make one really wonder if the value is truly worth it. But, I guess if all these BLM protesters have their way, most police budgets will be cut - so more military will be needed to start taking over the policing duties. (wonder how much the protesters would enjoy that!). No longer a boot on the throat to suppress a possible threat, instead it will be the tread of a M1 Abrams - which I supposed could be suppressing quite a bit more than a single possible threat.

DeletedUser113278

Yea - and think how much carbon gases it takes for those large transport craft to bring all that heavy machinery here. Not to mention all the flatbeds to carry that equipment from the airport (YYC or YEG) to the base. Has to make one really wonder if the value is truly worth it. But, I guess if all these BLM protesters have their way, most police budgets will be cut - so more military will be needed to start taking over the policing duties. (wonder how much the protesters would enjoy that!). No longer a boot on the throat to suppress a possible threat, instead it will be the tread of a M1 Abrams - which I supposed could be suppressing quite a bit more than a single possible threat.

I could think about those carbon gases etc world problems etc give a crap etc, but this is someone’s game journal... the fact Canada is mentioned in the title don’t mean much.

Yea - and think how much carbon gases it takes for those large transport craft to bring all that heavy machinery here. Not to mention all the flatbeds to carry that equipment from the airport (YYC or YEG) to the base.
They are permanently based there and its only the training troops that rotate through

but this is someone’s game journal
You're right, this is not the place for a discussion

Good luck @AJDOVSCINA :D

FLKMAMS

Sergeant
I think that sounds great. honestly.
There are two ways of playing this game: enyoing the game acumulating boost and army to be connected 24/7 and do the max possible number of battles...., or developing your city as a real one. Ant this is the second way, in my opinion, a beautiful relax way.
I wouldnt do it, not me. I could have only one more city in my main server, but I would waste... spend time on this. But I think it has to be beautiful.

The only thing I dont like is deleting any previous building. If I have a city like this, I would like to have an oldtown, with buildings of different ages toguether.