• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

When are you Going to stop PVP cheats??

• Thread starter Deleted member 108231
  • Start date

DeletedUser

I am absolutley sick of the way this game is run, PVP is meant to be player vs player in your hood but instead we see it week in and week out one play on top of PVP towers cheating his way through the use of GVG battles.
Why in the Hell is GVG counted towards the PVP towers???????? it makes it impossible to be any kind of contest and the little hard working guilds pay the price with these A-holes wasting the DA's that they have put up on the Beach sectors.......I'm convinced that you are supporting the cheating players and these so called new rules have done nothing to stop it!!!
Remove GVG from PVP and then everyone has an equal chance at getting some medals, the way it is now is a complete joke. Inno should be ashamed of themselves for supporting these people!!

DeletedUser107476

There is no pvp on this game. PvP is player versus player, what we have is PvE which is player versus environment. Thus all forms of fighting would count towards it.

GvG is not the problem it is the players and the guilds founders that are the problem. I run GvG guilds and we have never used the tactics of taking and retaking of sectors.

DeletedUser914

GvG is not the problem it is the players and the guilds founders that are the problem.

Wrong, the game designers are the problem. You cannot blame the players and founders for grabbing such a huge amount of points. Inno created the conditions that taking/retaking is a winning strategy.

DeletedUser108047

I agree with KP that there is a structural problem here. I think it is exacerbated in this case as our world is one of the newest and the guilds and general player population are not yet as strong as on other worlds so the few players that are very advanced but playing in a very negative way can be very destructive/frustrating arguably even acting contrary to the intention of the game. There is a loophole here that is destructive and in this case it is not the taking and retaking that is the problem but rather the structure that rewards such nihilistic behaviour

DeletedUser107476

Wrong, the game designers are the problem. You cannot blame the players and founders for grabbing such a huge amount of points. Inno created the conditions that taking/retaking is a winning strategy.
That is like saying you cannot blame the businesses and bankers who exploit the loopholes and not pay taxes. We all have a sense of what is right and wrong and we can choose if we are ethical or not in our actions.

DeletedUser105544

Ok. I so I should stop fighting in GvG because it adds points in PvP tower? Trust me, I don't need any more medals from the tower, nor using release and retake tactics in purpose of to get more points but in purpose to get sector immunity when it is the part of battle plan. I like running and shooting across the GvG maps. It would be cheating if you force other players to stop having fun so that you can win additional medals.

DeletedUser100065

GvG is open to everyone over iron age so long as they are in a guild. I don't see how it's cheating because someone is putting more effort in and doing more fights. Just because someone is playing the game as it was designed doesn't make them cheats. But as GvG is cheating apparently we should also take away those cheats doing GE or those other cheats doing continent map fights as well. We could have a separate tower for just hood fights but as it's a 1/4 of the possible fights in the game it should give 1/4 of the rewards of the PvP tower.

DeletedUser108047

I may be drifting off the OP but... the problem here as I see it is not releasing and retaking for defence or tactical position or doing lots of fighting etc... its a balancing issue and ultimately a player retention issue for Inno

If a very high ranking, high powered player in a very small guild does not hold sectors but simply attacks, destroys and moves on... thus point farming the sectors for personal ranking, or even simply roving the map breaking sieges from off map or running down DAs to one army - this is obtaining a very high amount of personal points and PvP points. The cost to the attacking player is extremely low particularly in relation to the reward recieved - a siege army and any losses and nominal goods or medals. With a level 25+ traz and a couple of high level medal and goods GBs this is not even an issue.

On the other hand the punitive cost to the guild on the recieving end of the attack is often much higher in the cost of replacing the DAs, retaking the sector etc. If as in this case the sector is released or left with a few spears, there is a much reduced incentive for the guild to work to hold sectors.

I accept that there are many ways to play the game and both approaches but there is in my view to much reward for being purely destructive and not enough for being constructive.

I'm not sure what the answer is but one possibility would be to make the personal fight reward in GvG more directly relevant to the number of sectors held by the guild. That is the more the guild invests in holding sectors and continuing to fight the more personal reward for the players in the guild...

From what i have read in the forums there have been many discussions about trying to reduce ghosting and its consequences - although this is not ghosting - it is not far from it - GvG watchtowers etc. Perhaps there is scope for there to be a crossover between GE and GvG - achieving certain percentages or rankings in GE provides a boost or protection for sectors held in GvG until the end of the next GE?

DeletedUser103223

As someone who use to capture and release multiple sectors per day, inno did fix it some by making you lose the siege army. Yes with a very high level traz it would alleviate the loss of troops some, but many traz's produce a larger amount of Rogues vs unattached real troops. I guess someone could siege with 1 real troop 7 rogues and then during fight turn the rogues 1st to get more PvP points from the fight, but then you gotta do the fights manually and i much preferred to just click auto and rinse and repeat.. inno did try to slow it down some.

As for people running across the maps slashing and burning like sherman did with his March to the sea, many are just reviving a tactic he made famous....

DeletedUser105544

Leave it as it is. I don't chase medals as I have got more then I need long time ago, just enjoying GvG all the time, no matter on changing rules by inno. Releasing and retaking sectors to get protected possition for further attack, or holding sectors and defending them while just hitting enemy siege...for those who don't play GvG there is no point to waste word on explanation. And no use of their complaints because they don't participate in one important part of this game while they demand to be equal with those who do that...

DeletedUser107223

I think I came across an exploit like this yesterday. Was sieging a sector in CE.
When the defending armies was down to the last couple of fights I got thrown out of the siege along with my other attacking guildie. Then after a short time the DA's were being refilled by the same guild. This was a high ranking 70 million score player and a small guild with just 3 players, the next day I see one of the big guilds occupying the sector. We only have two sectors, they will no doubt suffer an attack soon and we be out of the map. To my mind it is pathetic and sours the game for me as it is not in the spirit of the game and means that dominant guilds stay dominant and you have no chance really.
I expect high ranking players will no doubt be keen to keep any feature that keeps them on top, but for me even though I have been playing 2 years now I seriously think it maybe time to go and I expect many other players who start in GvG and fall foul of various exploits/bugs will think the same.
Opening up GvG to lower guilds would be great and make the game more interesting I think for them but when you have a few greedy guilds hogging virtually the whole higher age maps then it seems a little pointless tbh.
Takes the entertainment and fun out of it, when it does that it is time to move on. Had played several games in the past and the game writers and hosts did nothing to fix exploits and issues and so the inevitable happened, people voted with their feet and left the game and the servers became deserted and eventually the games closed much to the dismay of those that "got off" on being on the top rungs of the ladder, they found that the ladder had been on fire all the time and it was they that had set fire to it.

DeletedUser109749

I think I came across an exploit like this yesterday. Was sieging a sector in CE.
When the defending armies was down to the last couple of fights I got thrown out of the siege along with my other attacking guildie. Then after a short time the DA's were being refilled by the same guild. This was a high ranking 70 million score player and a small guild with just 3 players, the next day I see one of the big guilds occupying the sector. We only have two sectors, they will no doubt suffer an attack soon and we be out of the map. To my mind it is pathetic and sours the game for me as it is not in the spirit of the game and means that dominant guilds stay dominant and you have no chance really.
I expect high ranking players will no doubt be keen to keep any feature that keeps them on top, but for me even though I have been playing 2 years now I seriously think it maybe time to go and I expect many other players who start in GvG and fall foul of various exploits/bugs will think the same.
Opening up GvG to lower guilds would be great and make the game more interesting I think for them but when you have a few greedy guilds hogging virtually the whole higher age maps then it seems a little pointless tbh.
Takes the entertainment and fun out of it, when it does that it is time to move on. Had played several games in the past and the game writers and hosts did nothing to fix exploits and issues and so the inevitable happened, people voted with their feet and left the game and the servers became deserted and eventually the games closed much to the dismay of those that "got off" on being on the top rungs of the ladder, they found that the ladder had been on fire all the time and it was they that had set fire to it.

One who is strong will never release their Dominance,if you think that you can't compete with them than why don't you use money, Inno have opened an easiest way to become powerfull ----------->Use money, if you don't want to use money than do hardwork, Build yoour city in each world and have 20 Wishing wells in each world, Get a lot of diamonds than show the world that who you are .............. These big players use diamonds so they are ahead of the normal player, It is same in the real life, you would have to spend more and work hard then you will reach the podium, You can't blame the Inno, If you are small and weak than why don't you form a team of weak players, If there is 5 big players in a big guild and you have 50 small players ,you can catch them easily so you don't want to do hardwork and blame Inno.........................

Take a look at my guild in Jaims world - The Red Court, we are currently ranked no 9 , we were not very powerful but we did hardwork and now we are in the top list, because out of 79 players we have 66% do GvG and in that 66%, 40% are below Progressive era

DeletedUser109749

Yes you are right that PvP means player vs Player but i think you are unaware of the real meaning , it is not fighting only players directly , it is basically a comparison between players of the Hood, One player competes with other player for medals, the only meaning of this is not to fight other player, the meaning is that the points you have earned as compared to other player, whatever the source whether it is GE,GvG,Hood fighting,Continent Map, there will be no competiton when this will be limited within the hood than no Fun, you are not doing hardwork and blaming inno games, you are not investing time and blaming inno games?????, As i told ,if you will not do hardwork than you are not going to succeed in any field, This is your frustation as you have failed to reach the podium, If a player is getting battle points from different source than there will be more competition and those who are saying about medals-------------> Don't use these words , remember when you all used to go after Medals in lower ages, so eventually i want to tell all of you that there is no prob in adding the battle points from GvG ,GE or any other source because it shows how a player can press himself to get the top spot, the time he investes in the game.

DeletedUser109749

Don't blame Inno, they do hardwork more than yours, they have a broad thought in their mind , you don't know the meaning of PvP

DeletedUser107476

Don't blame Inno, they do hardwork more than yours, they have a broad thought in their mind , you don't know the meaning of PvP
PvP means players vs player meaning both players have to be controlling their armies.
PvE means player vs environment the environment being the AI on this game.
We do not have PvP on this game as at no time is a player controlling the defending army, therefore what we have is PvE.
Inno can claim we have PvP on this game but claiming something does not make something true.

DeletedUser108379

We do not have PvP on this game as at no time is a player controlling the defending army, therefore what we have is PvE.

Well in some sense we have PvP here.
It is just not on the field but in the towers.

And it was always more than just fighting in the neighbourhood.

DeletedUser107476

Well in some sense we have PvP here.
It is just not on the field but in the towers.

And it was always more than just fighting in the neighbourhood.
That is not PvP in towers it is a PvE competition.

DeletedUser653

...... To my mind it is pathetic and sours the game for me as it is not in the spirit of the game and means that dominant guilds stay dominant and you have no chance really.
I think CA in EN1 were top for 861 days but are now 8th or 9th, no one stays top for ever if you are determined to remove them